• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

a lady question

keeley86

hiya all, hope your all ok!

well its a period question really, im scared of going to the docs coz i know he will want me to get my fu fu out :eek::eek:

ive been on and off for weeks - my usuall period is like... it starts off a dark red/brown colour for the 1st day or 2 then its red red and im on for 7 days some times it goes back to the deep red again just before it stops all together.

well ive been getting bits of the dark colour for weeks, like brown stuf and a really slimy discharge and its disgusting, im having to wear panty liners constantly. anyway last few days had nothing at all up untill yesterday got up went to loo normal, nothing there.... sat at the table talking away to my brother in law and i felt a big gush then another one, so went to the loo and i had to change my clothes coz my nickers was red! OMG! :eek::eek:
so i put some tissue between my legs until i could get some pads... not had anything other than a couple of spots since.

has anyone experienced this, should i be worried? or do you think it could just be a period?

Sorry Keeley but I think you do maybe need to see your doctor. It could be an infection, maybe not. I haven't had this myself but I've heard lots of other women say they have, and they did need some treatment for it.
Be brave love, don't leave it.
Grace xxx

its awfull tho having sum 1 look at you like that, ooooooooo no! i hate it!

Yeah I know. I do too. But sometimes it has to be done. Can you ask for a lady doctor? I think that makes it a little easier.
xxx

Keeley... book in with a female doc if you can and it could be something easily sorted.

As awful as it is, they've seen it all before and if you can book and plan it'll make it easier for you.

Many of us have been in the same boat so don't feel worried about gettting yourself sorted it's part of the journey.

It's a bit like keeping up with smear tests, dental appointments etc etc... go for it Angel.

With you all the way xxx

theres only 1 lady doc there, she hardly speaks english and i dont like her - im just gunna have to bite the bullet and do it arnt i, ive stopped now tho, i might just ask if i can have a sample pot then get a sample of the slimy stuff and hand it to him, its one thing after another isnt it xxx thanks grace xxxx

ive never had a smear test bev, i dont think they start till your 25 do they?

How about going to see the Nurse at your practice? I saw mine for a coil check last week and she was fine

They do give swab samples kits out at our surgery... best to get it sorted Keeley... some women can benefit from what we always called 'a scrape' years ago, not sure what the modern equivalent is nowadays....

I always enjoyed a really good soak in the bath when I used to feel like that too.... hope you can soon sort it Angel.

We are thinking of you

Love and hugs xxx

I reckon it will be related to your weight loss hun, hormones are weird things. I reckon there is nothing to worry about and your body will return to normal soon. Keep carrying your pads around and a spare pair of knickers and if your really worried - go see GP, but I reckon gove it a few weeks xx

MY OPINION ONLY LOL x

theres only 1 lady doc there, she hardly speaks english and i dont like her - im just gunna have to bite the bullet and do it arnt i, ive stopped now tho, i might just ask if i can have a sample pot then get a sample of the slimy stuff and hand it to him, its one thing after another isnt it xxx thanks grace xxxx

The male doctors at my surgery will NOT examine a woman.... x

im hoping so linski! i havent lost much though 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks?

im going to try that - see if i can get a swob kit, surely theyl be able to test a sample. or if not ill just have to go, im dreading it!

it was asif sumat just popped and ive had a gush then nothing, like turning a tap on full then straight off again! ive never been regular, can go months without one but ive never had this b4

thanks every1 for your replies x

Hi Hun, I too have had this....I went without periods for 5 years as my weight gained then after losing my first stone I had all the symtoms you had and the doc put it down to hormonal changes...The dark stuff is what has been left behind from previous periods and the new red stuff is the fresh period but while your hormones are shaking things up inside it could go on for a few months until your body settles mine lasted a good few months but then went into a great cycle now I know exactly when my periods are due........Hope this helps settle your mind xxxxx

could this mean i could be more fertile? ive always had a probelm with gettin pregnant but when i did get pregs about 7 years ago (had miscarriage) i had lost weight - ive struggled to get pregs again since ive put alot of weight back on, i wouldnt want to get pregs now my bypass too important!

i might ask about going on the pill till long after surgery - what you recon? do you still take the pill when the time comes to have surgery or does surgeon tell you to stop taking it?

It's your body righting itself of it's hormone levels I had troubles concieving 2 of my 3 babies, before this so I would take other precautions until after surgery as you never know what could happen ;o) I had the pill injection that way I didn't have to think about it for 12 weeks xxx

taking contraception might regulate my periods too - ive booked an appointment tomorrow morning at the docs so ill see what they say x thanks

I had gushes a lot and found out it was fibroids,some months vv heavy,browny like you.Last year before I had a hysterectomy was hell bled over two sofas and car seat was petrified of going out!Not saying thats what you have but the doc is the best bet.Maz x

oooow - knowing my luck itl be summat like that maz, ive beeoked my apointment to see doc at 10:40 tomoz, im hoping its just my body changing whats done it

Thinking of you my tinternet Daughter and good luck with your appointment tomorrow, best to go and get it sorted out and it's reassuring for you to have been too... good luck Angel... love and hugs xxx

Back