• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been in Hospital

rickysmrs

Rickysmrs Journey Diary

Hello

Thought I would start a dairy to record my thoughts, dates for consultations and so on and on and on............

Original 1st consultation Sept 2009 funding was in place but refused at this 1st appointment because at the time my M.E (Chronic Fatigue) was very severe so basically I was sleeping more than I was awake therefore only eating 1 small meal a day. Therefore I was not over eating. I was offered further appts but turned them down because I just wasnt ready.

So here I am again I have thankfully once again managed to get funding in place which I am so so grateful for as I know how difficult this can be. Since the original appt I have also now been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and arthritis in both my hips (Ouch). The biggest shock re weight came last year when I found out I was expecting, wasnt a good place for me to be in with my health problems and my body rejected the pregnancy which turned out to be twins one which was eptopic. I had gained two stone within 10 weeks. I have managed through healthy eating and Weight Watchers to loose and keep off 1 stone of this extra weight but it is trying to creep back up due to me not being able to exercise. (I excercise for 10-15 mins I sleep for 3 days grrrr my body) I have had two successful pregnancies so although the thought of being pregnant was nice it wasnt practical so please dont dwell on this I havent. Very level minded after 8 miscarrages I was use to the disappointment.

Anyway like I say I have moved on I have funding in place I am due at my GP's for full bloods to be taken on 21st Sept, and then I have a Hosp consultation at Bristol, South Meads on 29th October. I know from my previous appt that this is a long appointment as I will see the consultant, dietitian and pycologist all on the same day. I have nominated my hubby to drive and sit with me so I dont become to fatigued and hopefully get through the appt with no slip ups. Last time I drove myself which wasnt a good idea as I was falling asleep by the end of the appt, had to go and find a cafe lots of coffee and lucozade for the drive home which I managed eventually I will never do that again it was soooooo scary.

My Journey Starts once again......................(with my hubby by my side) :)

Fed up

Having a bad day with my chronic fatigue today, just gets me down when i cant do anything for myself and pain relief doesnt ease the pain.......

Also keep thinking the hosp (not until 29th oct) are going to refuse me the surgery again I know i should think positive but well im just not today. :wave_cry:

Oh Hunnie I feel for you, I'm sure it will all go fine, but it's easy for me to say!!

It's okay to have a bad day, just don't get yourself to down, your nearly there xxxxxxx

Big hugs xx

Sorry to hear you're struggling . . .hope tomorrow brings a better day x

It's hard trying to be positive when you are in pain, but it will pass. If you can, try not to think about future appointments and there out-come and just take good care of yourself.

Thank you for your support still not well today so wont be commenting on anyones posts but thinking of you all and sending my best wishes. xx

Take care x x

I can't say that I understand how you feel, but my sister is a Fibromyalgia & ME sufferer, and I see her like how you are describing yourself.....gentle hugs to you, and hope you have a better day.

No Wonder

I still not well bl**dy grumbling appendix playing up again back on oramorphe and at docs this afternoon now do they send me in hosp again is the ?. Been in 3/4 times now but hossie wont do anything until it goes altogether. grrrr. (Thats been in the last 4 month).

Oh well sky high on meds,so hope ur all doing well with ur pre-op and post-op diets, will be back to full hounding all your posts soon lol:D

Seen Doc they have doubled my meds so flying even higher if no better by 2mor may have to go in hosp for rest and lots more monitered pain relief OHHH the joys............

Last edited:
Feeling Better

Feeling much better today after docs doubled my morphine and some more pain meds added yesterday just got to rest for couple of days but YAYYYYYY I can annoy you and comment on your posts. xxx:D

I Wish..........

I could afford to go private...............then I would be on my pre-op diet with a date of surgery..........................oh well just gonna have to be patient and wait and wait and wait. :cry:

hopefully it will fly past for you :)

glad to hear you're feeling better x

I know exactly how you feel!

I was the same, I even got a loan to pay for it privately- then I thought about it and really couldn't afford it so retracted the loan. Now I am banded and couldn't be happier with my decision to wait for the NHS- it's been the best decision ever. It will happen so don't worry hun!!

xxx

Awww big hugs Rickysmrs, i know what you mean :sigh:

I hope you hear soon.

Nicky xx

no still out of my price range jules as i am registered disabled due to other health problems so dont have any spare cash. :( oh well just gonna have to be patient. x

OMG i feel awful for moaning now after reading Mooncakes post,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sorry mooncake hope you get sorted soon xx

Back