• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A very uplifting day, if I do say so myself !!

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they are appreciated.

I've just snook onto the computer for a few minutes sanity and quiet. Its chaos here today. Its my beautiful Grandaughter Chloe's sixth birthday and also my oldest sons birthday too, so Nanny here decided to throw a party for them.

I just wasn't thinking what a challenge that would be for me, although I don't really have a sweet tooth there are some things I absolutely love and thats dipping my finger in the sponge mix, licking the cream off the spoon after making the trifles and of course a piece of the absolutely enormous strawberry shortcake I've made.

I am pleased to say that I didn't touch a thing, I'm so proud of myself because it wasn't easy. Not sure how I'm going to get on later when they sit down to eat all this stuff but I'm sure I'll cope.

Anyway best get back to the party. Just wanted to say I hope you all have a lovely Sunday afternoon.

XXX

Enjoy bonita have a fab day, happy birthday to your son and grandaughter x x x

Bonita Bonita Bonita!! Well what can I say??

I've been reading through your story pretty much all day inbetween running around taking care of the kids and nipping out to get my protein powders and you have inspired me beyond belief. What a star you are!! To have been through all you have, and your still smiling and so upbeat is amazing and shows your strength in character. I'm pretty ashamed of myself in a way as I had such an easy ride compared to you but I have n't take full advantage of the tool I was given. You posted in my thread about what I've been going through so you will know that tomorrow is a fresh start for me and I'll be hoping to keep a bit of what you have inside and hoping it gives me the same strength you found. You could so easily have gone the other way and sunk into a huge depression after your nightmare but you have turned it into something positive time and time again. I have a friend who after a bypass developed a twisted hernia and needed major surgery about 2 months after her bypass and her wound did n't heal and she had similar problems to you and she was n't able to try to see the positives and now 3 years down the line she's a ruined person. She's depressed in constant pain and lives a life on morphine so she's away with the fairies most of the time. I'm going to show your story to her and maybe give her a bit of inspiration - her wound still is n't healed now :(

If there was an award for the bravest and most dedicated person here, then it should go to you!!

Hugs

Alia

(oh and I added you to facebook, hope you don't mind)

Alia I think your tremendously brave. Just going down the weight loss surgery path in the first place takes a huge amount of courage, but to do it with six children dependant on you must have taken a huge amount of grit and courage.

Thats why I know you can draw on that courage and it will see you through to where you need to be.

Please feel free to PM me, like Carlos I'm more than happy to let you rant on the phone if you feel you need someone to turn to when it gets a bit rough, and please stop beating yourself up. Its only a glitch and can soon be put right.

xxx

Bonita
I have just read your story and my eyes are now hurting lol
I am considering a bypass after being trned down for a band and I thought should T read it or not !!!! but am glad I did
Well done for getting through it and congratulations on your weight loss xxx

Hi Bonita

just popped in to say that your looking fantastic girl :) You certainly are an inspiration to all. Pre and post bypassers! You keep it up girl your doing fantasticly well xx

Bonita i have just seen your new photo and you look absolutely FABULOUS i didn't recognise you.

Was reading some posts on the Walsall Masssivvve area and i thought it was someone who had been bypassed at least a year ago!!!!! You look soooooo amazing - Well done on your hard work and i hope your are feeling better soon and shining happiness from every pore of your new slimline figure.

Sending you hugs and fairy dust to keep up the good work, make you feel better and make you shine xx

Wow, you look lovely in your pic. Bonita. x

Awwwe thanks everyone. I am starting to really see and enjoy the benefits of this surgery now and guess what!!!

Today I get to go swimming....:D:D The nurses have given me the go ahead and said its healed enough to go now, although I still have to wear a waterproof dressing.

Been looking forward to this day for so long. To me its almost like I'm being told... 'Right we are letting you off your leash, get out there and enjoy your freedom'.

So thats me off to buy two pairs of waterwings for my grandaughters then youngest son and I are taking them to the baths.

Have fun everyone on this beautiful sunny day and catch you all later.

xxx

Bonita, you look stunning.

You are an inspiration, recently I have started to worry about having the OP at all. But looking at you now renews my strength to carry on.

Mells

Mells I have every faith in you. We all had our doubts pre-op and I'd be lying if I said it was easy but I'm sure you'll be fine and joining the others and I on the losing side soon.

xx

Enjoy your swim Bonita, congratulations. I am a real water babe so I can't wait to have the confidence to go to public swimming baths again.

Been a few days since I updated.

The swimming session was fab, took Chloe and Scarlet my two grandaughters and had a whale of a time. Might take them again later this afternoon before they go back to mum ready for school.

District nurse has decided that I can look after my own wound care now and is only going to pop in once a fortnight to see how I'm doing, how great is that? I still can't fly over to Spain though because they don't want me going into a hot climate until properly healed. Thats not so good, I have such a lot to sort out over there following my fathers death in Jan (he had property over there).

I'm walking between five to ten miles a day now and have finally ordered that bike I was threatening to get, not so sure my youngest son is too happy about that because he lives the closest.. Ha Ha.. He's a darling bless him but already moaning because I've had him out walking with me. I've lost another 4kgs this week too.

Talking about my youngest. He treated his father and I to a meal the other night and announced that he's about to be a dad. Aimee is in Greece at the moment with her friends so we can't celebrate till she gets back but we are so thrilled for them. On top of that and this slightly more special my second son also rang and told me that they are expecting too. The reason its more special is because they have lost three babies and had an eptopic already. They kept it to themselves until Kelly was just under five months and the doctors said they thought she is out of danger now. Its been a long road and a lot of money on IVF for them but this was fantastic news.

Its funny how things turn around isn't it? Earlier this year I would have said it was turning out to be one of the worst years of my life what with losing my father then the surgical problems but now its going completely the other way. Weird but great.....:)

Mind you just thought... That will be eight grandchildren and me only thirty one.... Cripes....lolol

Back