• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

AAHHHH!!! Got my date through!!! :D :D :D

Congratulations on having your surgery hun :)

How are you feeling? xx

Im just about to go home!!! Yay! :D
They wanted to send me home yesterday but I wasnt well enough, didnt feel ready. Although im good to go now! :)

My husband has told me he had his done some housework so I dont need to worry when I get home bless him.

How long do I need to rest for? Life goes on and im still a delicate little flower but I dont wanna milk it!?

Aww wicked hope your first day at home felt nice. Rest for as long as you feel able to, by the end of week 1 I was starting to get back to normal x x

I slept through the night without waking once! Didnt go to sleep til gone 1am as I was watching Children in Need but oh well lol Woke up for a wee at 8:15 and just having breakfast now.

Im having a bowl of ready brek, less than what my 2 year old son would eat but it still seems loads compared to what I manage at lunch & dinner time. Getting worried already that im eating too much and drinking too little :(

If you're worried, post a menu. Although if you're following your teams advice and you're not feeling pain or throwing up you're probably okay.

I reread their food guidelines last night so I knew what I could have for breakfast :)

Today so far:
Few sips of sugar free apple squash
About 2-3 dessert spoons of ready brek mixed with half a teaspoon of jam
Cuppa tea, skimmed milk, no sugar which is sat next to me going cold but cant fit it in yet lol

Feel very full but not sick, have a headache and need to drink something though. Think tomorrow ill have a drink first and then eat. Its the first breakfast ive had since my op. In hospital I had just fluids in the morning.

Am I eating too much so far? My guidelines dont give amounts, just food types so im going by what my body says..

If you're feeling very full try maybe a tablespoon less an see how you feel. Have you been told how long your provider wants you to wait between food or drink?

Yes, 20-30 mins between eating and drinking which is no hardship really as when im full, im full! Cant fit anything else inside me. I have to say I love this feeling of restriction. Pre op I could eat quite alot if I wanted to. Now, not much but feel very satisfied (if a little bloated after this meal lol!)

Hope to go out today but am still feeling a little wobbly!

Take it easy Hun - don't force yourself if you're not ready and maybe have a smaller cup for now.

Can I ask how long you suggest for recovery? Im 4 days post op now. Out of bed, dressed, on my feet but everything is alot slower.
My team didnt give me much advice for aftercare other than diet. So unsure and cant ask questions til my surgeon calls on monday.

Im in discomfort but not in pain. Always have tummy bubbles when on the move or after just eating or drinking which is actually like all the time lol

Otherwise feel quite good. I duno if I should rest more, move more, or what?

I wasn't really ready to be out and about for at least the first week. I drove on day 5 because there was a hailstorm and I didn't want my daughter in it, but I wasn't fully ready. By about day 10 I was much better and ready to face the world, although I'd still get tired quite easily. I teach, so very active, and because of the way half terms work out I managed to get 9 weeks off - it was well worth it in terms of organising my eating etc.

I thought id be ready so ventured out. Only for an hour and a half. Ended up back home in tears. Cant manage that much yet. Car journeys, walking. God, didnt think it would be that difficult! :(

It will get better I went to tescos one week post op and just could not wait to get home! But I promise it does get better x x x

You sound as if you are doing great. I was told by my coordinator that I will have to take it easy for the first week. Mabey you shouldn't worry about how little you are doing. Take care.

Try just ten minutes a day lovely to build up your stamina and get you out I the house. A lot of the issue is the anaesthetic.

Learnt my lesson. Was guna do a craft fair tomorrow which would mean 10 hours being up and mobile on my feet. Have had to refuse :( im in bed now. My back is killing me! Just had a mint hot choc from weight watchers omg its amazing! Very tired so im guna try and get some rest. Will try a walk round the block tomorrow maybe?

That sounds a good idea hon but don't make yourself if you dot feel upto it - you may need to compensate a bit for today.

Learnt my lesson. Was guna do a craft fair tomorrow which would mean 10 hours being up and mobile on my feet. Have had to refuse :( im in bed now. My back is killing me! Just had a mint hot choc from weight watchers omg its amazing! Very tired so im guna try and get some rest. Will try a walk round the block tomorrow maybe?

Oh Flick what were you thinking! Craft fair! When have craft fair and major op gone together!! Give your poor body a break. Your doing so well. Walking for 10 mins twice a day for first 3-5 days is great then increase as able. X

Back