• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice required

I'm just the same. If a photo really has to be taken its a head shot only and I too dread going out. I used to be out every weekend and during the week too but my confidence is so low it's hard enough just to come to work. I'm 27 and I hate to think I could be missing out on so much in life just because I can't stop shovelling food in my mouth!!
But not for much longer I hope!
Let me know how you get on xx

Thanks Cat and good luck when you see the surgeon on thursday I hope it all goes well for you, off to work now but keep on being positive.... speak soon xx

Good luck to you both Charliegirl and Cat321, you both seem to be heading in the right direction, stay positive and it will happen for you both in the end x

update

Just spoken to Hope hospital call centre. They have confirmed that once the referral has been recieved from your GP you are usually seen within 4 weeks and then referred to a surgeon. Whilst I might not get referred to the surgeon at least I will get to see someone in about a months time.

It pays to not take no for an answer, I have had trouble for over a year with large metal rubbish bins which are basically metal skips with lids on being emptied at 7am each friday and the noise they make is terrible wakes you up with a right good start I can tell you. Spoke to environmental health the guy said not bothering with that its only 15 mins once a week. Spoke to a differnt guy a few months later and he is going to sort this out by getting them to move the bins or get a later collection time. Just a small thing but means a lot to me. No is not a word I take on board now unless I am saying it lol....hope this helps people in their quest and that everyone has a lovely weekend despite the lousy weather just think in a summer very soon we will be able to wear much nicer clothing and feel the need to hide away.....xx

great to hear you feeling so positive Linda - hang on in there, your time will come before you know it xxx

fantastic news Linda, its good to have a timescale to work to! No is a word we all need to use more and accept less so well done you :)

fantastic news Linda, its good to have a timescale to work to! No is a word we all need to use more and accept less so well done you :)

Shelbell, good luck for your surgery I hope it all goes well and look forward to hearing all about it afterwards.....((hugs))

One week since I saw the GP for a referral to Hope Hospital and I came home to a large container for 23 hour collection of urine and some blood forms. No appointment as yet but I spoke to them yesterday, did not give my name, they confirmed its 4 weeks to the appointment and the blood tests need doing and results back before the test. Not sure how I get a large container of wee back to hope hospital but I will sure try lol....

Hi Linda,

If the forms are with it just take it to your GP. Having kidney problems I do 24 hrs all the time lol. If possible book your bloods for the day you finish the collection, most doctors like it that way.

Good to hear things are moving for you!

Yup, they should do, mine normally do anyway! You'll be suprised how quickly the pot fills :D

Thanks Sara, its good to know its a good hospital, not heard a bad word about it yet and they were really quick which helps a lot....

Hi charliegirl i just went to hope for my bloods diabetic centre/ straight in and out. took my urine pot with me and they took iy off me. Dont forget when gathering yr urine disgard first pee of the morning than collect all after for 24 hrs,
HC

Back