• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice required

Hi
The wee bucket and blood tests are the first steps really, when you have done those you will probably get an appointment so see Dr New!
My appointment went really well and I'm all booked in for the 29th of this month. Exciting.
Cx

great news Cat !!! Hope things move along quickly for you too Linda xx

Hi
The wee bucket and blood tests are the first steps really, when you have done those you will probably get an appointment so see Dr New!
My appointment went really well and I'm all booked in for the 29th of this month. Exciting.
Cx

Gosh thats great I can feel your excitement from here!

great news Cat !!! Hope things move along quickly for you too Linda xx

Thanks alliecat, another reason not to take no for an answer, called Sky to enquire how much for Sky+, was told £210 to fit and I had to take another product from them broadband etc. Said no and wrote in and complained, they called today, I can have Sky+ fitted no extra products for the total sum of £49!! Not bad for the cost of one telephone call and a first class stamp....once again dont take no for an answer.....xx

way to go girl - spread that positivity around - great result!!

i am fine Linda, thanks (other than the fact it is now 4.45am and I can't sleep!!) My thread is the secret diary of a gastric bander - that is my story!!

Just to keep you all uptodate. I spoke to Hope Hospital this morning to see if they had an appointment. They said a letter was on route (it arrived just after the call) and that they were looking for an appointment for me at the beginning of august. Unfortunately I am away then so they will make it for a short while after as they were waiting for more clinics to be added. Another step closer. I have also researched and found that the constant headaches and migraines I get could also be related to the weight gain. There is research to prove the more weight you gain the more pain and frequency of headaches. Of course I will be attending my appointment at Hope armed with all the facts....have a lovely weekend to everyone despite the weather, I for one am glad I am working the late shift this weekend. xx

glad to see you are making some progress Linda x

Hi Linda
I'm so pleased that you are finally getting somewhere, good on you misses for not giving up:):):):)
Take care
Karina xxxxxx

Hi Linda,

Glad things are moving for you :) Stay positive!

Shel

charliegirl have you already got funding or is yr visit following aGP referral. Whats yr BMI. One of the Questions i was asked was my weight and length at birth.

My GP has now written to the PCT for funding and once that is approved i wil get my appointment with the psycologist and surgon.
will give them another week or 2 and then phone them. Going in to have surgery on my shoulder on thursday so want to get that out of the way.
HC

At least you're getting somewhere! I know they only have a diary for a few weeks ahead usually in Hope. Keep us posted.

Hi Sara they must be really busy as she said they were adding more clinics, I cant wait to see what they have to say but most of all I want to have my say and explain my reasons they are all going around and around in my head lol.... xx

Hi Linda
I'm so pleased that you are finally getting somewhere, good on you misses for not giving up:):):):)
Take care
Karina xxxxxx

Hi Karina I love a good battle. People in work always say they would like me fighting there corner and some call me a trail blazer lets hope I can pull this off....xx

Hi Linda,

Glad things are moving for you :) Stay positive!

Shel

Hi shell, thanks for your continued support, how are you feeling? I found your blog so will keep checking on there....hope its not too painful for you and glad your back on here....((hug)) xx

charliegirl have you already got funding or is yr visit following aGP referral. Whats yr BMI. One of the Questions i was asked was my weight and length at birth.

My GP has now written to the PCT for funding and once that is approved i wil get my appointment with the psycologist and surgon.
will give them another week or 2 and then phone them. Going in to have surgery on my shoulder on thursday so want to get that out of the way.
HC

Hi no I do not have funding, I originally went to my doctor to request banding and he sent off a referral to the PCT. I was very inpatient and called them up a few times and spoke to the woman whose job it is to add the referral to the computor. She said in her opinion I would not qualify etc etc and said they would probably say I needed to attend the bariatric clinic at Hope or Aintree Hospital. They do blood tests and tests on galloons of wee (wait until you see the size of the container). They discuss things with you and sometimes you get referred straight to the PCT and get your funding or they could ask you to try to lose weight for 6 months then refer you or something else maybe trying longer etc. But you get to put your case to them how you feel, how it affects you health and your life etc etc. I have lots of headaches which I have just found out can be an affect of being over weight. My BMI is now about 36 its constantly going up as my weight will not stablise. I have high blood pressure, reflux and breathing problems at night, (struggle a bit when laying down). Hope this helps email me direct if you want more info [email protected] any one else who needs adivce or encouragement feel free to chat via my email.... xx

Hi linda
Dr new and Dr bayron are lovely people what they told me they would usually do was to put someone visiting clinic on a 300calorie diet a day (3 applesor 3 slices of bread)along with appitite surpressants and ask you to keep a food and mood diary. But because of my blood pressure 179/122 in clinic that day it wasnt an option or realistic as i have 10 stone to loose. :cry:In fact he said the only thing he would offer me was a bypass as due to my birth weight and hight i was already predispositioned to be obease, another indicating fact is that i had to have my gall bladder out when i was in my early 20's.
They listen to everything you say but like i said in my other post surgery was not what i had expected and they were really supportive of me with this and have given my contact details to others who have had it done to chat too.
HTH
HC

Back