• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice required

Hi thanks for that info, there is no way I could survive on 300 calories aday the thought is making me panic now. I work very long shifts and already get a headache which would be worse with so little food. I have tried Reductil to reduce my appietite and they did not work one iota. I dont have as much weight to lose as you I want to lose around five stone, my main problem is my weight never stabilises it just goes up and up no matter what I eat. I am scared now that that is going to be what they offer me. :(

Linda don't worry about things based on other people's experiences! Worrying is futile and you can choose not to do it! Concern yourself only with things over which you have control!

Everyone is different, everyone has different experiences even at the same clinic or hospital. Just go with the flow and wait and see how things flow FOR YOU.

Linda don't worry about things based on other people's experiences! Worrying is futile and you can choose not to do it! Concern yourself only with things over which you have control!

Everyone is different, everyone has different experiences even at the same clinic or hospital. Just go with the flow and wait and see how things flow FOR YOU.

Thanks Shel your message came just in time, my tears were starting to flow. I know five stone is not a lot when others have double that to lose but my life is not worth having if I cannot do the things I want. I have to sit in work with a fan on and everyone laughing saying its because I am having menopausal hot flushes which I am not I have been tested but its things like that that bring me down. I am fed up living in pyjamas daily for comfort and if I could survive on 300 calories and appeitite surpressants I would not be wanting an operation...... :((

Hi Linda,

I'm sending you big hugs:grouphugg::grouphugg:,Please don't cry, it doesn't matter if it's 1 stone or 15 stone that we want to loose, it's how it affects the individual and we are all affected in different ways with health issues etc.
If you need any help at all remember I'm here as are all the other lovely ladies on here.
Take care
Karina xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Linda,

I'm sending you big hugs:grouphugg::grouphugg:,Please don't cry, it doesn't matter if it's 1 stone or 15 stone that we want to loose, it's how it affects the individual and we are all affected in different ways with health issues etc.
If you need any help at all remember I'm here as are all the other lovely ladies on here.
Take care
Karina xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much karina, the hugs are much appreicated right now...... xx

Hi linda
Your very welcome:welcome::welcome:
Take care
Katrina xxxxxxxxxx

PS, did you find out the date of the PCT meeting in August?

Linda im so sorry i didnt intend to upset you. like shell said every one is different and has a different experiance even at the same clinic. Like i said Dr new is lovely and will support you in yr weight loss journey. Take care and dont worry
HC

Hi Trina no not got a date for the PCT in august, I am expecting them to say no anyway so prepared for that.

HC You did not upset me it was the thought they may try the option you mentioned and nothing else. I have thought about it now and I know they would not do that to me if it would make me feel worse with headaches etc. I did have a cry but I am ok now...It does not help that I have yet another file headache I had to call in work sick as I cannot do the job I do with a bad head....keep in touch and I will keep everyone updated..xx

update

Had my blood tests done and handed in my pot of pee lol....four weeks tomorrow attend the bariatric clinic and see Dr New....finger crossed I want to be a loser too........:D

Not good day

Just spoken to the lady at the commissioning panel who states my referral has not been looked at yet there are more urgent ones in front of me and in her opinion I will not get approval. I told her that I had requested a referral to the bariatric clinic at Hope and she said that was good and if after TWO years there was no change they would look at my referral again! I broke down and said to her that if I had to carry on like this for another two years I would be suicidal. I really would not want to keep going through this for another two years not knowing what size I would end up at the other end. She said to tell them how I feel and they will then write a report back to the GP and when (not if) the PCT say no and to try the bariatric clinic we can say its already been done and this is the result. I asked if the 18 week rule applied to this and she said no, so if 10 people come with a BMI higher than mine this week they would get put ahead of me on the list. I feel like getting a large kitchen knife and cutting off the rolls of fat that prevent me from being able to wear clothes.....I hate myself and my pointless little life right now.....sorry folks but thats how I feel...I wont do it but I sure feel like it.....:(

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Linda (((hugs))) for you x

Please remember she is just an oik not a decision maker.

Please go back to your GP and tell him how depressed you are and about these thoughts you are having.

Here for you x

Linda sorry your feeling like this. dont keep setting yourself up by phoning the panel focus on the positive that you have got your appointment with Dr New and his team and wait and see what he says. As you know i like you didnt have funding befor i saw him and i know i meet the NICE criteria but if he feels that surgery is the right way forward for you he will support you in that and the application to the PCT with his recomendations.
You really are doing yourself so much damage emotionally at the moment but look at the positives and instead of seeing yourself in the negative light that you do. Focus on if you get approval what the positive benifits will be and look forward to your appointment.
HC

I have just spoken to Dr New's secretary who stated that there is no 2 years to attend at all. She said she does not know where that suggestion has come from. She said what HC has just said that he takes each case and looks at the best way forward. She said as I had already tried dieting and appetite suppressants and they do not work for me they would not put me back on them. She said Dr New would be livid if he knew what the woman was saying and how upset I had got. She did add that people are normally referred there once they having funding in place. As I have the appointment and my GP had written to say that the woman at the PCT had been very unhelpful to me that I should look postively towards that for now and that Dr New will not abandon me.....had a good cry and ready to face another day....Linda xx

There you go, things aren't as bad as they seemed! Now you need to stop calling the pct hun, it's not doing you any good.

There you go, things aren't as bad as they seemed! Now you need to stop calling the pct hun, it's not doing you any good.

Now I know she was not telling me the truth I will I promise....I could handle 6 months at the clinic but two years near pushed me over the edge! Linda x

What an ordeal Linda. Stay on the positive side - this girl clearly did not know what she was saying and has no idea of the emotional rollercoaster you go through in your funding quest. Just look forward to your appointment with Dr New and judge what happens next from what happens then, not from what some secretary with a too high sense of her own importance has to say. Chin up chick, your time will come xx

Thanks shellbell, HC and Alliecat I am feeling much better now, its good to cry it out sometimes....I will continue my fight and never again will I call the PCT and speak to Val......Linda x:)

Just imagine her getting out of a car and as it drives off herskirt being caught and ripped off her her fat jelly belly hanging over a really ill fitting thong in the middle of a busy street.
I always use my worst nightmares as a way of coping when stressed with someone. Saying that never worn a thong like the security of my sloggies.
HC

Just imagine her getting out of a car and as it drives off herskirt being caught and ripped off her her fat jelly belly hanging over a really ill fitting thong in the middle of a busy street.
I always use my worst nightmares as a way of coping when stressed with someone. Saying that never worn a thong like the security of my sloggies.
HC

lol...........that is a good way of dealing with it........((Hugs)) Linda x

Back