• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After giving myself a proper telling off its back on track!

thanks clare
I need to do something as if im not careful even with all the things I know I could very easily fall of the wagon and be back where in started gaining the 3 stone i`ve kept off for the last year
it could just be a blip but I just cant risk it if I thin k about it too much it will bring me to tears ...but if I turn it around and start thinking ..its only 2lbs not 2 stone it helps a little
so once again I have learned a lesson
tell me how do I go about counting calories? how much should I be having ?
or should I go low carbs ?
have downloaded a cook book on low carbs will next look out for a calorie book next
thanks for your support
it was starting to get me down.

thanks clare
I need to do something as if im not careful even with all the things I know I could very easily fall of the wagon and be back where in started gaining the 3 stone i`ve kept off for the last year
it could just be a blip but I just cant risk it if I thin k about it too much it will bring me to tears ...but if I turn it around and start thinking ..its only 2lbs not 2 stone it helps a little
so once again I have learned a lesson
tell me how do I go about counting calories? how much should I be having ?
or should I go low carbs ?
have downloaded a cook book on low carbs will next look out for a calorie book next
thanks for your support
it was starting to get me down.

You need to choose your plan, it's difficult to concentrate on low fat, low carb & cal counting all at same time & you usually end up losing interest. If your panicking as much, why don't you join WWatchers or Slimming World, the controlled environment may help,if it's not your thing then try on line. I know the magazine Closer does online diets as well. xx

The best thing I brought was my fitbit not only does it count my steps etc but also i log my food and water intake on there too. Ok so it wasn't cheap @ £75 but the best thing ive ever purchased and well worth every little penny. Then its simple maths consume less than you burn = weight loss. The week before i started my LSD i got my fitbit gave myself 1000 cals a day then got up and moved so the calories were in deficit every day..... if only someone had told me this years ago lol i find it motivates me daily, in fact i knew i was just 76 steps of my daily target so got up and paced the room lol Im not suggesting 1000 cals Los that may be hard to maintain longish term when i was at slimming club i had 1500 a day. Uping the fruit and veg would be a great start. Its all so easy to eat too many calories with out even noticing but just by writing em down will hold you accountable :)

I will have to do something
im ok with firm set out plans its doing it day in day out I will get over myself and pick myself up
I will be ok just having a mini wobble
just in a bit of a spin my head looking all over the place hence the low carb, low calorie, confusion
best I go back to slimming world as all I have to do is follow the pre set out menus which I find easy to do
phew ....I feel better already I have made a decision !
thanks again X

where did you get your fitbit gizmo from?
I can buy one next pay day

I got mine argos but tescos do them too and halfords but you have to order first as the don't keep in stock. Before i had fitbit i had just an ordinary step counter, i wasn't very accurate, but it still helped the motivation to get moving. Bit i love my fitbit. Several people here have posted about them, some people find them not very accurate, but i have a fitbit one which clips to my bra and i can count my steps physically and it always tallys with my fitbat :) when you get it, pre loads a program to your computer and sends all the info to it. then every day i log my food etc The only slight downfall is the food list is American, so it doesn't always have our stuff listed but that can be entered manually. If you dont want the expense and you have a posh phone with apps on try like clare said myfitness pal or one like it , it does the same, your phone becomes your pedometer and you log your food intake etc. Seeing the info in front of you each day makes it simple to stick to (for me anyway) hope this helps :)

Day 15
B-more brunch ,had 1/2 bread baton with 4x grilled bacon coffee milk 2x spoons of half spoon sugar
D-chicken breast roasted home made coleslaw 5x baby boiled spuds water to drink
1 small portion of lemon cheese cake
Snack 1x homemade sugar free jelly
did buy some fruit and veg so might have an apple later
just wanted to say thank you to those who were there for me last night when I was having a wobble
ive had a sleep and feel a lot better
thanks again
see you all laters x

Last edited:
Day 16
B- 1 bowl of honey nut cornflakes with milk
L-pub lunch(working )1x hot dog coffee milk 2x sugar
D- 2x asda fishcakes with home made coleslaw 4x small spuds water to drink
Snack- 2x bananas 4x strawberrys chopped handful of black grapes
water to drink
well ive increased my fruit in take 100 fold and veg is getting better I feel good and looking at things in a more positive manner
ive found my last slimming world mini cookbook (2013) so im planning on using this as it does it all for you all I have to do is get the food in and make it
so planning shopping list and off I go !
see you tomorrow x

Day 17
B-1 brown bread ham sandwich with sliced cucumber coffee milk 2x half spoon sugar
L-poached egg with grilled bacon in a roll tea 2x sugars
D-haddock in cheese sauce, sliced carrots and sweetcorn water to drink
Snack - grapes, bananas, strawberries pear water to drink
today has been a good day
more later

Day 18
B-1x brown bread ham sandwich with side helping of sliced cucumber coffee milk 2x half spoon sugar
L-ham & cheese omelette with a handful of chips (really I gave 3/4 of them away just wanted a taste not a whole portion)
coffee milk 2xsugar
D- 7oz steak pan fried with a small jacket potato water to drink
Snack- banana ,apple ,black grapes
splash of ginger wine
apart from the handful of chips its been a good day so have treated myself to this splash of ginger wine its about 2 digits of a little fingers worth all gone after this
back Thursday
peace

Day 19
B-4x slices brown bread toasted with marge and peanut butter coffee milk 2x half spoon sugar
L-1 hot dog with mustard and onions (gave chips away)coffee milk 2x sugar
D-1x chicken kiev 2x small potato mashed water to drink
Snack- banana apple pear
head hunger stating to kick in as I write this will try a glass of water and see if that helps if not I might have some chrisp bread with some philli
watch this space

Los in it, You seem to be able to eat more food than me, say slim fast or porridge no sugar with skimmed, slim a soup and banana, salad or small meat and veg dinner. 3 tea or coffee skimmed milk. That's the most I eat all day. I do your 8 min Zumba or a dog walk and I'm losing no more than 1lb max a week! Help, what am I doing wrong! Am I not eating enough for metabolism etc? I have a sweet tooth so its difficult x

Last edited:
hi Leda
I put this food intake as an online diary for me to keep me honest when after over a year of been on the wagon I fell off after eating just 1 gummy bear!
this a pre op food intake book so I imagine when I do get the band/sleeve/whatever fitted I may not be able to consume so much !
anyway lets crack on
day 20
B-4x chrisp bread with soft cheese and cheery tomatoes coffee milk 2x half spoon sugar
L-sardines in sunflower oil with 3 ryvita with marge water to drink
D-sliced fresh chicken in a stir fry water to drink
Snack- 1x chocolate muffin from greggs
coffee milk 2x half spoon sugar
was feeling ok till now
tomorrow is another day

Well you seem to be doing well. I don't know how I'm going to lose a stone in the next 12 weeks or so, maybe my meds are not helping...
Yes I'm convinced something's wrong. I've never eaten so little on other diets and hardly lost anything! A month till I see dietician too :(

Last edited:
Day 21
B-4x crackerbread with soft cheese ,sliced turkey ham and cherry tomatoes coffee milk 1x half spoon sugar
L-6xtriangle cut mixed sandwiches (working lunch buffet )handful of kettle chips 1x veggie samosa chopped fruit fruit juice to drink
D-chicken curry plain rice water to drink
Snack-banana pear apple 1/2 a cream slice (shared with a friend!)
great day was dreading my weekly home weight in and to my great surprise I LOST SOME WEIGHT!
not much I think around 4lbs ....no wait a minute
I LOST 4LBS !!! I should wash my mouth out this should be celebrated !!!!!!!!!
I felt so good
I am a happy bunny
back Sunday
peace

Well done :D

Day 22
Brunch- 2x bacon and egg rolls coffee milk 1x half spoon* sugar
L-none
D-1x gammon steak 5x new potatoes asda bag of fresh veg water to drink (didn't eat all my dinner just didn't want anymore to eat)
Snack- apple banana pear grapes
* been a dumb so and so I have just realised that im taking too much sugar with the half spoon! I understand that 1x spoon =2 spoons of regular sugar...I know how did I not realise! so im now only having 1x spoon in my drinks from now on
today has been a good day
happy with the massive increase in my fruit and veg
thank you to everyone for the kind words re my weight lose
still smiling as I write about it
thanks a bunch guys
x

Back