• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

agony : (

charlie87

Hi was looking for some advice i feel awful today im 13 days post op and have felt fine since waking up from theatre. Ive used no pain killers and have just got on with things but i am an expert ive had 6 operations in the space of 3 years so i recover well. But i have woken up today in agonising pain at the top of my back between my shoulder blades and all my right shoulder i literally cant move it or use it or even bend down i have a high pain threshold so its worrying me how much this is affecting me ive also got a bamging headache and a really off stomach not managed any puree today i feel that bad xxx

It sounds like trapped wind. Move around little and oftento shift it, or dry some deflatine. Make sure you keep your fluids up stop you from getting dehydrated. Hope you feel better soon x

Hey thankyou i have been taking deflatine all day had 1st lot at 6 am as i was awake with the pain ive also been moving around all day (have a 3 yr old to keep up with haha) im hoping it will settle down soon or i wnt b getting much sleep tonight. Gonna try drink some more fluid as ive not had much today with this off tummy! Thanku for ur reply. Hope u r well xx

Sounds like nerve or muscular to me. Try a hot bath if you can

Thanku im gonna have a nice soak in the bath once my little one is in bed see how i get on, if theres no improvement tomoro may have to take a trip to the walk in centre, it does feel nervy i have 3 slipped discs in my bk and nerve damage and it is a similar electric pain n when i try to move it stabs at me. And i was doing soo well..... : / thanku everyone xxx

Sounds very much like wind. A hot bath will help as well as walking around. Maybe try sleeping propped up as much as you can, and try a drink of peppermint.
Best of luck

Goodness, I have no wise words of wisdom as Im only a few days post op, but have you a hot water bottle at hand to help to ease the aches in your neck/shoulder?

Hope you feel better soon! Kat x

Thankyou ceejay and top kat.
Im really hoping it is wind and its going to settle down, its just shocked me coz im normally good with pain but this has knocked me off my feet! Ive just dug out my microwave patches tht i use for my back gonna take it easy tonight a nice cup of horlicks light and an early nite will hopefully do the trick
: ) hope u are doing ok charlie xxxx

How you feeling now Charlie?? Your doing so well hun don't let it beat you... stay strong but listen to your body, if you need rest take it (as much as you can with a 3 year old...) lol xx

Hey guys

Im still in pain to be honest just been taking extra morphine to keep it under control for now im seeing my physio on wednesday so i think ill just ride it out until then see wot she thinks, ive had a baddd day my sons dad was supposed to have him yesterday but called n said he had to work instead but would definately have him today 5pm came n still no sign of him he txt and said he went out last nite n must have slept in : o i am furious so ive been too angry to eat anything at all today just had a few glasses of milk! Not going to let him ruin this for me so ill be back on track first thing tomoro but suppose nothing is better than filling myself with rubbish all day! Sorry guys rant over : / thankyou so much for asking and ur words of support how are you?? Charlie xxx

Tomorrow's a new day, and the weather is s'posed to be a load better. Take each day at a time and before you know it, it'll be next week and kids back to school....
Best wishes

Thankyou ceejay : ) i know tomoro i will be back to the model student wen it comes to eating! Can already tell ive completely changed since my op coz normally afta a day like today id easy go through a share size bag of maltesers or a large bar of fruit n nut dairy milk but not even been slightly tempted : D changed woman. Hope ur good hun xxx

Back