• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

..and tomorrow I shall mostly be.....

tpt

Uber geek
....bloods, talky talky and paying. 10 days after that and I am in!

Fasting for 12 hrs - so that's from 11 tonight.. except for I will be drinking tea and plenty of it otherwise I am not human in the mornings...plus it's a heck of a drive to clinic and I can't do that without a flask of tea either - 2 T-bags left in and just a dash of skimmed milk - should be ok (went and had bloods done at GPs' 1st thing this morn just in case the clinic moan about my tea consumption).

Hubby has just told me he will pay half...what a sweetie!!!!

I am now officially excited!

Good luck and bon voyagé :)

good luck for today :)

ooooh - you on Xenical? That used to have ghastly side effects for my patients!!!!! ;-) The reason I am not waiting is because I am going private. It's end of term for me currently so the amount of work we have to do is enourmous which makes the time fly by!

ooooh - you on Xenical? That used to have ghastly side effects for my patients!!!!! ;-) The reason I am not waiting is because I am going private. It's end of term for me currently so the amount of work we have to do is enourmous which makes the time fly by!

Don`t talk about the side effects , First time last night I fancied garlic potatoes and I haven't left the loo all day today sorry to much information for you all yuk .
Margaret xx

LOL Margaret..I know exactly what you mean, a couple of my pals were on them and I have some really gross stories!!!

So...200 miles round trip but it went ok - turns out the blood nurse is from my home town!!! Hundreds of miles daaahhhn Saaarrf!!

Anyhoos - the surgeon was a blast, we ended up talking fitness (I used to be a fanatic) and rubbish like that. Had my bloods done, took a giant flask of tea in with me and insisted on my bloods being done as soon as I arrived so that I could devour the contents of said flask...all booked and no concerns.

Oh yes - until they gave me the pre-op diet sheets. Yeah...not so realistic - 3 pints of milk a day and one oxo cube? Are they serious? I am unsure where they think we are supposed to get our energy reserves from?? I have 2 gaint dogs, a disabled husband and a full time job so..eerrr..not so much, the whole pre-op diet option. Needless to say after much loud discussions with nutritioniast / nurse and anyone else who cared to listen, the surgeon came back down and after I said my bit, he agreed that salads etc were much more realistic.

Serisouly...did you lot do that? For 10 day? 3 pints of blimmin milk and an oxo? I think not for me.

Also- if I could follow a bleeding diet that strictly, I would not be paying thousands of pounds to have the op :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back