• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another NSV!

snagglepuss

No regrets!!
I'm away camping this weekend - I'm currently lying in bed in my tent in a SINGLE sleeping bag! And it doesnt feel like im in a straitjacket! Get innnn!! :D

woohoo go girl!! :) xxx

I can picture you now. Snaggle puss is snuggled up xx

These NSVs really do make the hard work worthwhile don't they? Brilliant just brilliant hun xxx

Thats brilliant last year before my op I had 2 zipped together for comfort, hopefully if we get away this summer I ahve a mummy bag and hope that it fits me fine now 8 stone lighter than last year. The last time I tried it it fitted skin tight, when i moved so did it. Have fun xx

Very well done! But what's an NSV?

Evenstarr said:
Very well done! But what's an NSV?

Non Scale Victory

Ah..thanks Cheryl
Xx

Having to return a size 14 skirt from the notoriously body-conscious Jane Norman!
I'll take a 12 please!!!!
xXx

Thanks for all of your jolly comments, but now I have the downside of being a post op camper to recount - its bl**dy freezing!!! This body temperature thing sucks lol I may finally look like a glow worm in my sleeping bag but I'm soooo cold I've had to go out and buy more substantial PJs today! Still having a great time rain or no rain, just waiting for the BBQ to cook - very posh butchers in the village - half a 100% steak burger and one sausage with no bad stuff in them! Also a marinated spatchcock free range chicken - will have a nibble!! Post-op rocks!! :)

Glad you are having a good time .... you say about being cold , I experienced this initially post op , but not any more , wonder why ???? ( 12 wks post op )

I wish i could say the same am frozen all the time, was lovely last week when the sun was hot i loved it, but back to being freezing gain got me bed socks on jim jams and dressing gown and heating on, hubby goes mad. We are hoping to go camping in the summer we went last year too and it was cool and damp then so hope its warm this year or i will have hypothermia. xx

Well I survived, although I had to go slightly over the top to keep warm! I ended up going to bed in leggings under thermal long johns, then fleece PJ bottoms over that. I had a thermal long sleeved top with a fleece sweatshirt over the top. Then after i had put a fleece hat and gloves on, i climbed into my sleeping bag with hot water bottle, then an old fashioned wool blanket, then 3 fleece blankets, and also a halogen heater to pre-warm the bedroom pod! I was still a bit cold! :)

Brilliant. NSV's to me are even better than scale victories.

Yesterday I went shopping in Manchester and a lady on beauty counter asked if I would like to try some makeup - never would have happened to me at 24 stones.

Happy camping x

I have a few nsv in the last few weeks :) I now can wear my slipper socks as the elastic always used to dig into my feet but now don't, and I went into oasis clothes shop in town and got handed a discount card for 20% off. Normally they wouldn't even look at me let alone give me discount :) I'm one happy woman x

Managed to reach, and use, the bonnet pull of the car from the drivers seat, rather than getting out and leaning in.

Loads of NSVs at the moment then! Great stuff! It's funny how differently people treat you when you aren't as big - I've noticed that men suddenly have manners! Not long ago, most men would let a shop door close in my face, now they will hold it open! Women at tills are more chatty, especially in clothes shops. I've also been called darlin and love a lot recently, and people smile at me more! It angers me that people are so shallow to treat someone so differently because of size, but at the same time my personal world is now a nicer place to be in because of the way I'm treated.

Back