• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any ballooners out there? Support needed!

Ahh Neisse your not going to out all weight on from 1 cheeseburger so stop beating yourself up about it love.
We all need a blow out now and again the main thing is to take control back.
Sell his car lol only joking.
Chin up xx

Day got worse. Came home to a huge pile of dog barf and as i was cleaning it up I let a little fart out and, well, let's just say it was more than I was expecting. Could today just be over now? I've had enough.

Lol it will be McDonald's fault. I had school ring my little boy had ear ache. Ahh he was sobbing with it poor lamb. I've been rubbish with food today. I'm doing a big cook tonight n freezing stuff so sorted for the week

Lol it will be McDonald's fault. I had school ring my little boy had ear ache. Ahh he was sobbing with it poor lamb. I've been rubbish with food today. I'm doing a big cook tonight n freezing stuff so sorted for the week

Oh bb hope the little fella is feelin better soon. Earache is the pits x

Just having an old school vom session. McD's was defo not a good idea. Oh well, lesson learned. I'm a stress eater, but it's so much better than pre-balloon. Thanks for the positive reinforcement! BB - hope your little one is better ASAP.

Last edited:
Met friends for drinks tonight, had to share the view... Sunset in Dubai.

Attachments

• image-4082724585.jpg
    image-4082724585.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 18
Hope everyone is feeling better after a eventful few days from what I've read!! I'm almost in wk 6 and need advice. Please tell me what sort of belly flab busting exercises you do or classes?

Also cos my skin is super super bad atm I want to drink aloe Vera gel as it has helped me clear my skin and itchiness up does anyone know if I'm allowed to drink it with gastric balloon? Xx

Don't know about Alo Vera. I do av class each wk been tonight it's half hour n intense!! I use my wii fit too. Leg lifts r good too.

Banana- you can have anything with the balloon, aloe Vera or otherwise.

In regards to exercise, just do something that you like or there's no longevity in it. I run, lift, swim, and box. Cardio increases your metabolism quickly but it decreases quickly after you finish; the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism is at all times - muscle burns fat even when you are at rest. Try to find a mix of cardio and strength training for the best results.

Hello ladies I am newish, been reading for a while. I had my balloon fitted on the 25th of March. I still can't keep anything down and am living on milk at the moment. My dietician is worried and feels if this does not start to settle I have to have it removed.

I feel so ill all of the time. My goal given to me was to shift 16kg in 6 months. I have nearly three weeks shifted 11kg. I can't help but think I would have been better going straight for the bypass but my dr wanted to reduce my bmi before even thinking about that.

Sorry for the blurb and emotional dumping :( x

Lorna my heart goes out to you.. I endured it for 6 mths but for me it was a necessity. No 7st loss then no bypass :(. I can honestly say it was the worst six months I endured with constant reflux and occasional bouts of sickness all through. My first few months was establishing what foods I could and couldn't eat and drink. For me Tea / coffee (any variety) was a big no no as was anything artificially sweetened so I had to learn and love water. My list of can't haves was immense compared to my safe list :(.
Little tiny bites and little tiny sips. I lived on thin watery soup (no bits), yoghurts for weeks jelly too. If it floated or had "stick potential" I avoided like the plague. Have you anything to protect the stomach lining? I was given fast tabs initially (lansoprazole) but had to double the dose in the end up 2tabs 2xdaily. It helped loads but the reflux stuck with me till the bitter end pardon the pun.
The balloon isn't for everybody. On the day of my bypass my surgeon told me that a third of people who have the balloon usually ask for it to be removed within a month. He was impressed that I stuck with it! So don't feel bad if you can't hun ;). God luck hun and remember that no matter how hard it is you need to drink plenty... Dehydration is a b***h ;) xx

Dear LornaLou - so sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. :(

I imagine your dietician may have suggested some of these already, and you've probably tried things people have posted about on here but if you can only keep down milk, have you tried protein shakes (higher calories than milk but similar consistency), and peppermint tea (for the nausea)?

Hope you feel better soon! xx

Ginger was my saviour. I dont condone treats but a ginger snap a day without a doubt helped me while peppermint made it worse. You just have to figure out what does it for you as we are all different.

Hi loranlou,
Sorry you feel so rubbish. I was like that for a while. My consultant gave me 10mg of domperidone 3 times a day. It works on emptying the stomach faster and I was then able to get on with diet. It didn't stop reflux and vomiting completely but made life much more bearable. Mints helped but teas were a no go for the 1st 3 months. Like femfrankie I had a safe list ( tiny) and a don't go there list (huge).
Speak to your consultant and see if he can suggest something
Good luck x

When having the balloon added to did anyone have the same sickness feeling as when it was first inserted ? X

I was really sickly when first had balloon in certainly for first 3 weeks bug gradually settled down. I'm 4.5 months in and sometimes get nausea luckily no vomiting but still suffer with reflux and smelly burps.

For the first 2 mths I was on 2 anti sickness medications and I really needed them. Now just on lansoprazole.

Feel better soon x

Hello ladies I am newish, been reading for a while. I had my balloon fitted on the 25th of March. I still can't keep anything down and am living on milk at the moment. My dietician is worried and feels if this does not start to settle I have to have it removed. I feel so ill all of the time. My goal given to me was to shift 16kg in 6 months. I have nearly three weeks shifted 11kg. I can't help but think I would have been better going straight for the bypass but my dr wanted to reduce my bmi before even thinking about that. Sorry for the blurb and emotional dumping :( x
I was terrible for the couple of months. The first week I didn't get out of bed unless it was to vomit and ate very little mostly warm milk and tiny amounts of soup with no bits in it. I have lost 3 stone and I'm 4.5 mths in. I lost approx half of that in first 3 weeks it was that bad. The nausea and sickness does settle eventually. I occasionally get nausea but no vomiting now still get reflux and eggy burps though xx I have had balloon put in to reduce my bmi for surgery which hopefully will be in beginning of July xx

Ginger tea helps with nausea and mints as well xx

Back