• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

any regrets ?

emmie18

First of all let me say sorry if this is in thé wrong place ? Or if it already been done -

I would just like to know if anyone wishes they never had wls ? or if its Not at all like you hoped it would be , ? Or if knowing what you know now would you still go ahead -
Thanks for taking thé time u lovely lot :) x

Hi emmie18.
I had wls 4 weeks ago and to be honest I'm not sure if I did the right thing or not.
I'm loosing 1 or 2 lb a week which for what I am eating is very disheartening.
I had the loop bypass ( newer one) because my consultant told me quicker healing time and better weightloss. . What a load of crap .. I had complications was vomiting so much blood day after surgery needed blood transfusion and was in hospital longer than normal .. I feel sick every night and feel like 4 lb weightloss in 3 weeks is rubbish.
I hope things pick up but I'm not optimistic.
It's definitely not what I expected.
Xx

First of all let me say sorry if this is in thé wrong place ? Or if it already been done - I would just like to know if anyone wishes they never had wls ? or if its Not at all like you hoped it would be , ? Or if knowing what you know now would you still go ahead - Thanks for taking thé time u lovely lot :) x

I still am on fence. I nearly died twice but this is my 4th wls I spend 9 weeks in hospital twice in icu on my first clinic visit last week Dr admitted to me he didn't think I'd ever make it out of hospital. And if I did Id have a feeding tube for life. But luckily I'm home and no feeding tube so I thank my lucky stars. It was some fright to get I suffer with ptsd now and am starting councling next week.

The first night after surgery I was in some considerable pain (ask for pain relief!!) I thought what had I done to myself and the doubt crept in, but now, eight weeks (tomorrow) down the line, I would do it all over. I am steadily loosing weight and can't wait to walk into a shop like peacocks this summer to buy a new outfit as for now I'm charity shop shopping till my weight stabilises out a bit, baggy clothing team for now. ;)

I am 2 1/2 years post band surgery.

It hasn't been easy. In fact my band has actually failed to work in the way it should via restriction and after 22 fills into the band, we have given up trying to find it. Thankfully the band changed my mindset just through it being placed and following the eating guidelines and following WW has enabled me to lose over 11 stone.

I've had various issues, I am disappointed that my band hasn't worked in the way that it should have, a suspected leak and a provider that didn't give the after care I'd hoped or paid for and while I researched for many years and thought I'd made a good choice I would no longer recommend them. They were ok when things were ok, but the opposite as things go wrong and a real inconsistency of care and lots of contradictions according to who you spoke to.

I do not regret the decision, I do not regret the fact I've lost 11 stone, but I am disappointed in the provers after are, lack of care and the fact the band hasn't worked as it should. I'm still battling on my own to lose the rest.

Back