• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else with North tees hospital

Hiya, I'm with North tees. I've had everything from the endoscopy to the pre op. Just waiting to hear something. It's driving me insane lol x

Me too, I've had endoscopy , oximetry test and pre op assessment. Also had liver reducing seminar .It's just a waiting game now.seen Mr gopinath in 15th Feb he said I should be looking at may/june Lorraine the bariatric nurse said june . Rang up yesterday n sarah said list has been done for May so hoping it will be mine

Awww brilliant.... what date were you at the liver reducing seminar? Just wondering if I was maybe there the same time as you x

I seen Mr gopinath on the 28th February. Had liver reducing seminar on the 7th March, endoscopy was the 8th March And pre-op was 13th March. Had put two pound on at pre-op, so came out of there in a right mood because I've been having maximum of 800 calories a day. Weighed myself Friday last week and had lost 7 pounds. So not sure what happened there because I've done nothing different lol x

I was at same liver reducing seminar , I also put 2lb on last week , starting to struggle a bit now tho .wish they would hurry up with a date

Saying that the scales would be different so could be that. I go to swms keep feet at Mbro n their scales are different to the ones Lorraine n sarah use at North tees

I can agree with that.....because the day after I had put those 2 pounds on I had to go to SWMS in thornaby to be signed off from them and I weighed exactly the same amount as I did when I was weighed in to see the consultant xx
When you mentioned about the list being done for may, could she not tell you over the phone if you were on that list or do you have to ring back up? Xxx

When I spoke to sarah last week she said she had no idea when I would get a date it's just a case of waiting , not even sure how we find out I'm guessing letter but could be a phone call . I'll ring again in a couple of weeks . I went to swms in hartlepool . Do you live in Stockton ? I'm in billingham .xx

Last edited:
Yeah, I live in Hardwick directly over the road from the hardwick social club. About a 10 minute walk from the hospital.
I didn't even ask about the time frame. I just presumed it would be soon with the doctor giving me my prescription for those injections to stop blood from clotting.
I'm determined to keep my weight stable but it's really hard when I'm constantly stressing over this date. I'm contemplating giving them a ring because I've been lost in the system when I was doing it before and I was nearing the end when I had to start all over again because they lost me. A year was completly wasted and had to go back to my doctors to he referred again. So all in all I've been at this nearly 2 years. Xxx

Oh really that's quite worrying . Yes I'm trying to keep my weight stable but too be honest I'm getting bored . I had my endoscopy on 1st March n pre op on the3rd so I'm ready to go really . Ist so frustrating ...they don't seem to tell u much xx

I've just rang and she reckons defo June for me.....devastated isn't the word. I've asked her to put me on the cancellation list xx

Didn't even know they had a cancellation list , I might ring Monday but don't like to keep bugging them I've rang twice already lol . Who did u speak to, did they say how we will find out xx

She said usually letter but sometimes they do give patients a ring depending on how long they have till their operation.... I Spoke to Lorraine. She's lovely and doesn't seem to mind helping with anything she can. Suppose it's just cracking on now with some form of normality untill the op lol x

Well I rang them again this afternoon, it was sarah I spoke to i just said Mr gopinath said my surgery would be June is that still looking likely ...she said she honestly can't say because she told someone before and when they had to wait longer they went mad with her ...bit of a cheek when your not paying for it . Anyway she said she would have a look where I was on the list , was pleased to hear there's only 9 people in front of me .I know the may list has been done so next one is June, They usually do 4 to 5 a week but have to allow for surgeons holidays n when they're on call but feel a bit more positive now xx

I'm having a full bypass. I've had three spinal surgerys so really need to get the weight off to take the pressure off my spine. The pain can be excruciating at times so hoping this will subside just a bit. My surgerys were not even weight related. It was just unfortunate that I'd had a fall and it pushed my disc up into my spine.
What are you going for? X

Full bypass too, I used to be very athletic until the age of 17 , that's when the weight started to pile on . Lost 5 stone when I was 23 but struggled to keep it off .I just love food so this is the only way for me . Just hope I can keep losing until surgery xx

That's what I'm hoping too. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow and hope I've managed to loose or at least maintain. I've always been big. At my heaviest 2 years ago I was 23 stone. That scared me and I decided enough was enough. I tried slimming world on and off for a couple of years and managed to loose 4 and half stone but it wasn't long before I gained it back and more. The problem with slimming world is they tell you that you can have as much as you want of the free foods. I took that for granted and it never taught me portion control. These past 2 years with swms and the bariatric team I've lost 4 stone 5 pounds. I now weigh 18 stone 8 pounds. I'm not going to lie and tell people that I don't have anything naughty anymore because I do. I still have 1 treat night a week as I feel without it I wouldn't do as well because it gives me something to look forward to every week.
I'm looking forward to hopefully being able to go back to work. These walls drive me insane.
It's not too bad when the kids are off (I say kids....they are 16 and 13 so not quite as little anymore). I have someone around when they are home so don't feel as isolated and on my own. Xxx

Back