• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else with North tees hospital

I've asked for scales for mothers day lol I would never have them in the house. At my heaviest I was 21 stone 7lbs I'm now 19 stone 7lbs that's from November last year , won't lie it's been bloody hard . I'm the opposite to you I have a busy household .I live with my partner of 28 years then I have 5 kids 24 , 19 , 14 , 10, & 7 the 4 oldest are girls my youngest is my boy . Also have 2 dogs 2 parrots 2 tropical fish tanks and a rabbit . I'm looking forward to getting in hospital for a rest. Xx

Lol that is busy.... I can't cope with 1 girl let alone 4 lol.
Today's treat is asda pizza. I share one with with my daughter. We usually go to a pub for something to eat but I've been decorating and I'm absolutely shattered xx

My treat would be chocolate I've got a terrible sweet tooth .in fact I had chocolate when I put 2lbs on , so trying to keep of it but it's getting harder by the day. At the moment I'm coping by drinking options chocolate orange got choc . Really need to get focused again xx

Just wondering when you spoke to Lorraine did she give u any indication how much notice they give , just coz when I spoke to sarah last week she said Mays list was done so I thought may BE we would hear in April. It's driving me mad as I like to be organised , have to be in my household lol . I don't want to keep ringing I don't want them to think I'm desperate even tho I am lol xx

She didn't unfortunately..... she couldn't even tell me that I wasn't actually on any of the April or may lists. She just said because of when I went in that it would be June and no later than that. They say the lists have been done for April and may but have you noticed that they don't actually tell you if your on those lists or not??? Lol x

Yes I know, I just assumed that the people on them lists would of been notified by now but maybe not .I was just guessing that because she said there's 9 people ahead of me I must be June. It's so frustrating , it seems to be loads of appointments then all of a sudden your left till you get a date . Also I'm not sure if we go in hospital the night before or on the morning of opp . Wish we had more info...xx

My friend had bypass last year , she signed consent form in Feb same as us she was offered March but was going away so she had it done April. Demand must be much higher now xx

Apparently we won't get notified untill around 3 weeks before the operation is scheduled.
I'm almost certain that north tees require you to go in the morning of the operation. Xxx

With any luck we will be a bit sooner than June and maybe the nurses don't get the lists in front of them till the end the month ready for the following month and only then can they notify people. And if that's the case, they can only guess by going off when we were seen by the surgeon xxx

Been in billingham since I was 5 I'm 50 now so pretty much all my life ..lived in Hardwick for 2 years before that so my Mam could look after my nana .we lived in embleton walk. It's wierd coz when sarah said there's 9 before you on the list she said but I don't know what lists they have ..dont know what she was on about how many lists can they have xx

I know we have to go in for further
Bloods about 3 days before op and also into clinic a few days before op to make sure we've still been losing weight . Xx

I'm 34, been living in Hardwick for 15 years.
I started this whole thing at the end of 2014.... around November 2014 I was close to the end and was awaiting my 1st appointment with the surgeon. I waited till February 2015 before giving them a ring to chase my appointment up. I was told to be patient and they would get back to me. I waited till April 2015 and rang them again. They told me I had missed a couple of appointments. I told them that I hadn't received any and that I had contacted them back in February. She told me that after looking into it that it was their mistake and she would sort it and said sorry for the mix up. I didn't hear anything for a week so I rang back and she told me that she was so sorry but as I had been removed from the system because of their cock up I had to go back to my doctor to ask for a referral again. I'm was devastated but in September 2015 I did ask again for a referral but was told I would have to start at the very bottom a again.
Fast forward to December 2015 I got my first appointment through for the 24th December, and another for the 19th January 2016.
So I've been at this process for around 2 and half years.
I did feel very cheated out of my 1st go at this process as they admitted fault. It thought it was very unfair to just play with my life like that. But I cracked on and looking back at it now they probably dome me a favour because I now don't believe I was ready for this the 1st time round. Xxx

Even though I know that I probably won't hear anything for at least 6 weeks or so I am still waiting for the postman just incase he bring something from the hospital xx it's absolutely ridiculous because I feel like my whole life is on hold now just waiting for it to happen. Xx

Oh my god I would have been furious , no way should you have had to start again . I've been referred twice before but backed out , I was just scared of being put to sleep , I obviously wasn't ready coz this time I'm focused on the end goal and really looking forward to it . I know what u mean, I feel I can't make any plans ..we had a holiday to Tenerife booked for 4th July but I've cancelled it much to the annoyance of the kids but we can have other holidays . It's the not knowing that's frustrating xx

My first appointment was at hartlepool on 20th Nov, then seminar 11th Jan at North tees , surgeon 25th Feb (consent signed) , endoscopy 1st March pre op 3rd March and then liver reducing seminar 7th March. Did surgeon tell you when you would be looking at it was it Lorraine xx

They should have rectified their mistakes and not made you go through it all again. They can't doubt your commitment though and fair play to you for sticking with it!

We went to tenerife last year (costa adeje) .... we stayed at the isla bonita. What an amazing hotel. The animation team were absolutely brilliant. We normally find the entertainment teams horrendous so we tend to venture out every night, but we didn't when we were at that hotel. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people with children.
We were also supposed to be going back to tenerife this year. It would of been out 4th time there but I wasn't sure on when the operation would take place and how long I wouldn't be aloud to fly for. So we also put these plans on hold and are booking up in September for next year. Xx

Back