• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else with North tees hospital

I puree everything from porridge to weetabix. Because it says in one of the booklets we got at the liver reducing seminar to puree porridge and weetabix..... I would never of thought that we would have to puree those types of food because they are already sloppy. I stopped using sweetner after the op because Sarah said we didn't have to anymore. And to be honest I'm not a fan of it lmao...... I'm still having the porridge or weetabix on a morning made up with 200mls of skimmed milk and either half a weetabix or 2 table spoons of porridge and 1 teaspoon of normal sugar. Managing the full amount which I was worried about untill I spoke with Sarah yesterday and she said that it was fine. I have a smooth yogurt mid morning which I manage all of that too, I struggle alot with dinner and if I'm honest I tend not stray away from dinner because by that point I'm full and can't manage any things else till around 7-8 on a night where I have upto 3 ice cube pureed Sunday dinner. Lengs (the other half) making a spag bol today so he said he will puree whatever suits left so I have a change. I'm managing more than my 2.liters a day as well.
I hope your body starts adjusting soon. I haven't had any side effects that bad only wind so I can only imagine how bad it must be.
According to the book, we start puree after only 2-3 days on liquids only.
I thought at the time, wow that's fast compared to alot of other people story's on here. Start on soft foods at four weeks and then It's normal food from 6 weeks onwards.
Not looking forward to starting lumps again.
Bandages came off last night and not long left of these horrible injections now. Can't wait, I hate them lol.
I got some new clothes yesterday, only ordered on Sunday afternoon so came mega quick. Desperately needed some casual loose clothing so ordered a size too big in 2.pairs of trackie bottoms and loads of tops and a pair of jeans because I literally had absolutely no clothes. My own fault because I was too tight to go out and buy any because I know they won't fit me for long so I've had to bite the bullet and just get them.
I really really hope things start to pick up for you. It's not easy this process and it's hard see over the other side when your constantly in pain. I'm sure your family are taking really good care of you. I could see in your partners eyes how worried he was for you in the hospital. Lengs been ok but he gets really moody really easy so while he's been great looking after the household and all the finances, it's not without the moaning and winching which really upsets me because that's what I have to do on a normal everyday basis. I'm hoping today's a better day with him because I can't take another one like yesterday. Xxxx

Oh my partner's the same , I kicked off on Sunday which shocked him I think coz I'm usually placid . He doesn't deal with situations very well it's wierd tho coz if he thinks I can't cope with something he steps up otherwise I do everything but to be honest that's how I like it . I was exactly the same , I threw all my clothes away almost but wouldn't buy anymore I didn't see the point ...im going to order myself a new outfit on Friday but still not going mad coz they won't fit for long either but I have older girls whose clothes I can Nick lol .I daren't try sugar the episodes with sweetener scared the life out of me and carl I think . Although he's always supported me I don't think he really wanted me to go under the knife , he's never said it coz he knows how much it meant to me.i was a size 14 when I met him and the weight has just kept creeping up . ...going to the dentist at 10 to get this tooth filled don't really feel up to it but I'm scared I get an infection . Still in pain but I never got the trapped wins which I was afraid of more than the op , if the pain in my side would go I'd be ok although I still get tired . Xxx

Hi Karen how's You, not heard from you in a while hope your ok.hows things with your other half ,any better ? Mine's doing my head in , think the school runs are getting to him now ...tuff apart from being in hospital having babies I've done them all bearing in mind my oldest is 24 n youngest is 7 with 3 more in between .bloody men !!!!. How you getting on with food ? I'm finding it a lot easier now .I don't liquidise everything now ( I know I should be ) I still have the same amount but if it's soft I don't liquidise n it goes down without any problems. Xxxx

Hiya,

Not been great the past week. Been feeling poorly everytime I eat. I was pureeing whatever the family was eating so things like, cottage pie and veg, spag bol, mash and veg, scrambled egg and beans, fish pie and veg and Sunday dinner. The only thing that I was ok with was the Sunday day which consisted of mash, veg and chicken with gravey to help puree it. So, I took to reading the forums on here and decided that it was probably best to only eat soups so I've been eating chicken soup, potatoe and leek soup, beef and veg soup and the big soups and all of them I have put in my puree machine. I'm doing alot better now but have added 2 protein shakes a day equalling to 40 grams and then with my milk and yogurts during the day I am fitting the 60 grams of protein a day. I've also started taking a product called hair burst to try and strengthen my hair before the falling out starts. So, feeling a hell of a lot better now. I was watching out for the sugar and fat content in the other meals I was having and was always well below the amount per serving so I have no idea what has caused these issues. But if it hadn't of been for this site I wouldn't of known what to do. It's quite scary the pain we get when something we eat doesn't agree with us.
In other new (lol)...... the other half is back at work but and I'm sort of happy about because I don't have to listen to the moaning and the kids getting it through neck 24/7 but downside is that because he goes to gym after work he doesn't get in till half 8 meaning I have to pretty much do everything on my own. I'm not happy because he didn't keep in top of things while I was laid up. The ironing is everywhere so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get it done.
I also went through my wardrobe and things that haven't fitted me since I went on holiday 6 years ago now fit but are slightly loose. Other things that did fit me look like I'm impersonating mc hammer. So I've had to give those to a family member. I'm back in my skinny jeans again so I went and got converse that I've always wanted but never had anything I look half decent to go with them so this is my very first pair ever lol. I've had lots of comments like "where the hell have you gone karen". But I don't see it. I feel it in my clothes but don't see it lol. I haven't weighed myself because of how my tummy has been and didn't Want to feel disappointed.
I have found this fantastic guy on Facebook who is a rebound Baratric surgeon around the world. He has lots of videos including why going to gym just to try and solve loose skin is pointless which I didn't believe at first untill he said that when you work out, you are working Muscles so bingo wings for instance would not dissappear because that's skin not muscle. Made total sense. He said if you want to start gym to loose extra weight not too because we are not taking in enough calories at the moment to burn anything. However he stated that if you want any to go to gym to help with your overall fitness then that's fine. But people wanting more than that would be disappointed.
He's really helped me with his videos he puts on everyday. His name is Dr. Duc vuong , the support surgeon. He is brill and.worth watching his videos. Xxx I hope you still doing well and sorry for the very late reply xxxx

Oh I'm sorry to hear things hav ent been good, I don't puree anything now hav ent for a good few days it just made me feel sick .I've tried pretty much anything with no problems .I do go light headed a fair bit but think it's due to lack of fluids much try to drink more . I went to Middlesbrough with my daughter yesterday but came home I was feeling sick but I'd been in Debenhams for a cuppa so think it was that . I still get tired tho . I do the shopping with carl but he's still doing school runs . He has things pretty much boxed off but he had our oldest daughter here to help him . I'm gonna try do the school run tomoro if I feel ok . ..one of my wounds has gone a bit green so going to see the nurse just in case it's getting infected .xxx

Last edited:
Just waiting for the doctor to ring , one of my wounds is infected which could be why I'm feeling tired a lot . Surely after surgery you should feel a little better everyday ..i seem to be one step forward two back . Think I'm going to stick to soups although I am managing soft good ok . I keep forgetting we can't eat n drink together .had another dumping episode today .but think it was having something to eat then had fruit juice It's my own fault .I knew straight away . Struggling with the fluids big time not drinking no where near what I should be but I've never drank that much even before the op (unless it's alcohol lol ) xxx

Hiya, how's things? How did you get on with those wounds?
One of mine isn't looking too great. Sorry if this is too much info, but it's yellowy, greeny sort colour. I know I need to give Lorraine a ring but I'm worried they gonna put proper stitches in. I bloody hate those things. How did they deal with yours? Xxx

Mine was the same plus red & hot around the outside , I rang my own doctors n they gave me antibiotics .it's slowly getting better but still a bit sore .it was weeping horrible gungy stuff but that's stopped now ..give your docs a ring xxx

Last edited:
Hi Karen how are things .did u get your wound sorted out ? Mine's loads better now. Still struggling a bit eating tho .just had weetabix half a one n feeling really sick now . Starting to feel a bit human again now tho lol xx

Hi Karen , you've not been on for a while hope your ok ,I'm feeling a bit fed up ,3 weeks 2 days post surgery and I've only lost 13 lbs ,was hoping for a bigger loss than that xxx

Hi Karen, hoping your ok ,not heard from u in a while ...hope your coping ok with eating now instead of feeling sick all the time ..I feel sick occasionally but apart from that I'm fine,can tolerate most things apart from citrus things & white bread so I'm happy . Was getting depressed with amount of weight lost but since last going on here I've lost another 4lbs so happy with that now as well . Xxx when your feeling up to it we could meet up for a coffee if u want ,if your backs ok xxxx

Hiya,

Sorry I haven't been on....... I've been up and down. Moving onto the soft stage tomorrow...... tiny bit dreading it if I'm honest.
I haven't weighed yet. Going to wait till my next appointment with the nurse.
I've been really down in the dumps. Crying comes out of nowhere.... and for no reason. Tiredness all the time. I go to bed around half one on a afternoon and that's me till around 6 then have a shower and go down for tea. I don't always sleep but just feel so worn out. I'm waking up just before 6 every morning without fail and can't get back to sleep so I go down and make a cup of tea only to be falling asleep again by about 7. I fall asleep sat up, in the car and just about anywhere. Going to have to ring the nurse and see if this is normal 4 weeks post op. Xxxx

Oh no I hope your feeling better soon ..ive been on soft food for a couple of weeks , couldn't stomach pureed stuff it was awful. Can't tolerate bread quite common I hear..crispbread & crackers are ok tho . Not to good with meat so steer clear of that but otherwise I'm fine. Hav ent had the crying but it is common. I was having a nap everyday but hav ent for the last couple of days , only coz I've been busy ..i had it rough at first but I feel ok now ..almost back to normal .I do feel sick when I eat but only for half hour then it passes .do you have Facebook. I do , if you do add me as a freind friends then when you feel down you can message me in private if you want . Xxxx

Hi Karen,how are you getting on,hope your feeling better..almost 5 weeks post op .i do feel a lot better now still get stabbing pain in left side occasionally but nothing like it was. Still haven't managed to get back to swimming yet , that wound that got infected is only just starting to heal, hoping to go next week . Also feel sick quite often after I eat but it wears off after 30/45 mins ,other than that I'm back to normal . Hope to hear from you soon xxx

Hi Karen, less than a week till our first check up , how are you doing ? Hope your feeling much better now .I'm pretty much back to normal apart from the nausea ...get that after almost every meal .struggle with a lot of things too mainly bread and meat .think I'm becoming a veggie lol xxxx

Back