• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone having a sleeve Aug 2013?

joisthinner

Hi just wondered if anyone else is booked for a sleeve in August?
I am having band to sleeve revision on August 20th in Prague!:)

Hi Jo
I am being treated at the Whittington by Mr Sufi when I started I was 18st and as I am only 5ft so bmi was 51 was considered high risk I think.

Mr Sufi is a legend in Ruthies eyes (think her username is Lyric). So I imagine you are in good hands! Keep in touch! Which Pre op diet will you be on?

I am a bit confused about the diets I can choose from 5 of them it would have been easier if they had said you must do the slim fast but I have asda, Tesco, slimfasts(sainsburys prices) a milk one boots and another one my head is spinning

Bless you! I don't think the brand of meal replacement drink really maters as long as you do replace meals with them! I am going to have 2 shakes, two low fat yogurts, and one meal of fish ir chicken and salad or veg each day for 10 days the ill do the last 4 days as 3 shakes and two yoghurts. Good luck whichever pre op you decide on!! Jo c

Wow, they even state the brand! At least you know what you are doing!! Good luck! I technically don't need a pre op diet according to my surgeon but thought it better up be on the safe side!

ME!!!!! I am having my gastric sleeve on 1st August....not sure if I am nervous or excited. I am going to start my milk diet on Monday....so should shift some more weight before the 1st.........hoping to loose a bit before I go to Florida at end of October...anyone else nervous?

Having it done in darlington....I only had my initial appointment in Feb...the waiting list is very short up here......I am getting slightly cold feet now though!!!

fortunately I have a really understanding community nurse....so when i explained that I had three young kids and did not want to die at 40 she referred me straight across. The Bariatric ward at darlo has only been open for 18 months, so quite new, they are still new enough not to have a huge waiting list, plus i am going to Florida in October, so hopefully will have lost some for that!!!

Yay! I'm booked in for 22nd August..... Really can't wait! I'm getting done in Southampton - anyone else going there? X

Well my date is looming closer, less than two weeks now...I am on the milk diet and have lost 7lbs since this monday, so 4 days!!! Glad I like milk and jelly!! How you all feeling...anyone nervous? my nerves have gone now to be replaced by unbridled excitment!!!

I'm strangely excited!! I go on holiday in 10 days time and will be away until the day before I fly for surgery so the Pre op diet is whilst camping in France for me!!

I've started my Pre holiday/ Pre op diet today. I am a stone heavier than this time last year so my holiday wardrobe is a little snug so... 10 days slim fast x2, one mullerlight, one meal of chicken/ fish and salad and about a pint of sugar free jelly Pre holiday. 10 days low cal/ high protein / low carb whilst on holiday. Last 4 days of holiday and two days more on way to / at Turnov on 3 slim fasts only. Figure my liver will be fab and holiday clothes will fit. Only downside is have stopped alcohol (so will be tea total 4 weeks Pre op) and camping in France!!! Wish me luck!!

Back