• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone having a sleeve Aug 2013?

Ha I am sure any kid hates NAS. I am not too concerned with sugar in things right now because that is the only place I am really getting any cals from. Gonna try a protein shake this morning

Hi natashoorr, are you packed for hospital yet? Good luck for your op can't wait for you to join us on the losers bench. X

Have you considered trying a smoothie? You could try an apple banana one although you might need to sieve it to reduce the thickness.
Could you add more water to the protein shake?

I don't think I can do anything thicker than water today I am hiccuping a lot which is painful. Gone down hill today :( x

Did you speak to your medical team? I'm getting really worried for you. *hugs*

Hey everyone, well I am now almost 4 weeks post op (this thursday!) so can officially start on soft diet...been having fish and mashed pots...but I love it, Inever feel hungry, and Hargs I felt shattered for the first few weeks, its alot for the body to cope with!!! I also find it hard to believe that I have lost 1st 10lbs in those 4 weeks, my clothes feel looser and none of my bras fit..LOL...honestly Hargs it will get easier, just hang in there..I have not felt this good in a long time, and everytime I get on the scale and see more weight come off I know I have made the right decision. So from Thursday I shall be trying just some bland solids...Wish me luck!

Really glad to hear that you are doing well! I am feeling much better I seem to have turned a corner. I have been having complan shakes and soups as they go down well and are nutritious so I think they have given me energy. Also had some tinned soups. How much food are you eating? Are you measuring your food?

Glad to hear that you are feeling brighter Hargs. I don't really measure my foods, I tend to have 6 small snack meals a day, so today for instance I have had a small yoghurt, a small bowl of porridge, some scrambled egg, then a low fat custard for a snack, for tea I will have half a fillet of smoked fish and about 2 tbsps of mash, then maybe a babybel before bed. My meals are only about 4 tbsps max per time, so I reckon probably having about 600 cals a day. The problem I have is that I never feel hungry, and sometimes if I am busy at work I forget to eat! So it is kind of odd having to remind myself to have something!

I had surgery on August 20th, band to sleeve revision and am now 6 weeks post op. I've lost 2 stone including pre-op (9 stone since banding and 11 stone in all) and am back to solids and not struggling with anything other than volume of fluids. I have approx. 60g meals x 5 to 6 times a day as I can't manage the 100grams my surgeon recommends 7 times a day. Never get hungry and love my sleeve. How is everyone else doing?

Hi

Not doing too bad, I have healed well. I am on a weight loss stall at the moment, coming up to 4 weeks at the same weight ?

How are you getting on?

Hi Hargs,
I have lost 33lbs from pre-op to eight weeks post op, but only need to loose another 1 or 2 stone as my BMI is 28.4 now so I know my loss will be slower than most. The stalls are frustrating though aren't they? I'm getting smaller because all my 16's are getting too big, but the scales are hardly moving! I probably need to measure myself again to motivate me!!

Hi Guys,
How ae you doing? Pleased to report that I am now 5st5lbs lighter than my op date on 01/08...can't quite believe it. Been to Florida for two weeks and managed to loose 7lbs, even though I ate everything I shouldn't...lol...so how are you all doing?

Great to hear your news and congratulations on the weight loss Yankee Girl!

I'm pleased to report that I've lost 4 stone 9 lbs since my op at the beginning of August. It's not been an easy 4 months but I've still no regrets.

How's everyone else doing?

x

Hi guys,
you are all doing so well!!
My BMI is now 27.6, I want to lose another 7lbs or so before my GP refers me to plastics, but I can't have surgery for about a year otherwise I'll end up on managed sickness at work so in no real hurry!! Feeling, happy, healthy and in control!!

Back