• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone here considerin/had facial surgery

matronix

Hi
Just wondered if anyone her has has cosmetic facial surgery. I have a consultation tomorrow eith a surgeon at local BUPA hospital. Need advise about neck lift. I have an original turkey neck (runs in the family) and since losing weight it is more slack and of course saggy. Even before losing weight I have always considered having something done with it. Am 48 now and while my face has held up fairly well though it could be improved it is not an issue for me. So my question is has anyone here had or considered neck lift surgery. Your replies will help with questions tomorrow. Appreciate your imput.:)

Hi ya,
Sorry i dont have any advice or anything in this area but just wanted to wish you well with your appointment tomorrow and hope you get the answers you need x x

Hi Matronix.

I've had an NHS tummy tuck and awaiting PCT decision for funding for a breast lift (both due to weight loss).

I'm not very hopefully about the funding for the breast lift as the PCT don't like to fund them. Don't know why because the affect of a big weight loss on my breasts is just the same as on my belly that they were more than happy to fund.

Anyway, back to your query which I'm building up to...

I am not hopeful about funding for a lift so I am considering getting myself into debt to fund it myself. If I go under the knife, I will also be getting something done to the bags under my eyes during the same op (as it will save money - one less anaesthetic).

I know the problem is not one caused by weight loss, but it is something that has hindered me since my childhood. Drinking more water, moisturising well, getting enough sleep, eating well, etc. has no affect on it whatsoever. I'm just cursed by heavy, tired eyes!

Anyway, so there you go, I have (or am) considering facial surgery.

I would consider nips and tucks but I don't think I'd go for botox injections or anything like that.

I say, if something is making you feel bad or lack confidence and you have the power to do something about it (safely) then go for it.

I'm a big supporter of body modification. I have two beautiful full sleeve tattoos. Not everyone appreciates them (usually not the art work itself that puts some off - just the art form) but I see them as prejudiced.

I dreamt about my tattoos for years until I got to the point where my skin started to feel bare and I hated it.

Anyway, off on a tangent again.

I hope your appointment went well and put you at ease in making the right decision for yourself.

PP
xx

Back