• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone know anything about paris ?

jasonslaphead

Going to paris on a day trip and thinking of going on a sunday. Anyone know is everything open on a sunday over there like it is here ? Shops, touristy stuff etc. Have had a google search but too many irrelevant results to make any scence of and If I mess up I will look pretty daft so need to get it right.

Ive not been to Paris, but have been to France many times, and everything is open on a Sunday.

Hope that helps.

We went to Paris for a weekend last year in January. Yes everything is open especially the tourist stuff.

If you need transport whilst there remember to use the Metro you can buy a specail ticket and go anywhere in Paris and is a real bargin. We used it all the time and you dont get stuck in traffic like the taxis.

We did find if very very expensive £5 for a cup of coffee so take sarnies.:) Drinks were more expensive than food.

Dont miss a visit to Sacre Coeur,im not religeous but it is a truly amazing place.A river trip is great as it takes in all the famouse places enroute.Versailles is wonderful if you can fit it in.The lines waiting for the Tower are HUGE and its expensive everywhere,watch out for the street sellers,dont buy off any of them you will be inundated!Maz x

Yes agree with Maz the River trip is really good.

Thanks for that, was thinking of taking one of the river trips might be a bit cold though as im going end of next week. Just looked at the price of eurostar tickets OUCH.
I should really check these things first lol. anyway should be a nice day out

Hi Jason, hope you have a great time... I've been on three visits to Paris, but not recently... we loved the main attractions and I loved Notre Dame... I loved the street markets too.. plus the side sellers were out particularly in this weather with the roast chestnuts...

Take some pics and let us know how you get along.

Love and hugs xxx

Hi Jason, hope you have a great time... I've been on three visits to Paris, but not recently... we loved the main attractions and I loved Notre Dame... I loved the street markets too.. plus the side sellers were out particularly in this weather with the roast chestnuts...

Take some pics and let us know how you get along.

Love and hugs xxx

Went on sunday, was nice but a few things went wrong. get to paris and found our way to the place where the boats go from and after hanging around a bit found a notice in a not very obvious place saying all boats were cancelled due to flooding:( which was a bit pants as had mostly planned to see stuff which was along the river near the boat stops to make the most of the time we had. Getting up the eiffel tower took a while but was a nice view from the top. went to a chrismass market and up inside the arc de triumph ( I always though that it was a solid arch didnt know you could go inside and on top ), walked along the champs eleysee and through some gardeny type thing to the lourve then went into a reastraunt for something to eat and back to the train station.
When we got back to ebbsfleet got it was freezing cold jumped in the car and it wouldnt start:mad: got a jump start and drove up to the barrier to get out of the car park and wondering where has the car park ticket gone couldnt find it anywhere, people behind me started getting a bit upset so had to get them to reverse back so i could get out of their way. After much searching for the ticket I spotted the corner of it poking out, it had slipped down behind the dash took about 10 mins of poking various things down there to fish it out.
She must think I attract bad karma or something lol
anyhow was better than staying home :rolleyes:

Back