• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Boredom Breakers for Naughty Nibblers

I play the DS too, I have some very cool nerdy Japanese translated games which are good fun if a little unconventional!

At the moment we're all playing Pokemon with our DS's but for those who like more sophisticated stuff, there's the Professor Layton mystery series as well as the book collections and all sorts of other fun stuff.

oooo id love to grow my own peppers and bits like that, eldest has planted a cpl of pots to see what happens ... Neen when do peppers have to be started and do u need a green house ?

Last year we just bought some small pepper plants from the garden centre and popped them in sort of late may/beginning june.

That's probably the easiest thing.
Not sure still what I want to plant this year.
Maybe a mixture of veg /fruit and flowers.

I have to go start clearing it this week, still have some onions and leeks from last time to pull up!

Well this week I've been making an effort to busy myself in the evenings which is when my trouble time for boredom is and instead of cracking open a bottle of wine and a bag of cashew nuts, I've been cleaning the house and getting mine and my daughter's stuff ready for school and work so less to do in the mornings, feel all saintly going to bed then. Also started reading, I bought a fab self help type of book on Saturday called - 'F**k It' by John C Parkin - I can really recommend it, it's really funny and makes you feel less serious about all the issues we carry around with including food issues!!!

Good idea about the resources Neen. Has anyone read Gastric Band and Beyond by Sharon Bates? I am still reading it - but it is a good read especially on the head issues. In fact it is a good read for any weight loss surgery on those issues.

tranquil x

I play the DS too, I have some very cool nerdy Japanese translated games which are good fun if a little unconventional!

At the moment we're all playing Pokemon with our DS's but for those who like more sophisticated stuff, there's the Professor Layton mystery series as well as the book collections and all sorts of other fun stuff.

I love Professor Layton...I am part way through the latest - great for taking your mind off things.

tranquil x

I got a kindle from Mr TB for Christmas. I need to actually buy some books for it:D. I think I bought the Sharon Bates book before Christmas so I do not know if it is available for the Kindle.

tranquil x

Just Dance keeps me busy and burns extra calories. I love dancing so much. My fiancé & I took up rock and roll jive a few years ago and that's a great hobby. Thinking of trying salsa next but not sure I've quite got the 'sexy' element that seems to be needed.

Decorating is another of my favourites. I love finding quirky old bits of furniture and doing them up. They can take quite a while and it's so satisfying when done. I'm working on a trunk for my guest bedroom at the mo.

Oh, and the other thing I love is personalising clothing. I'm not good enough to make clothes from scratch but I love altering things and adding 'randomness' to my outfits. Whizzing up other little things for my home on the sewing machine is fun too....funky door stops, curtains, table cloths, aprons....nothing too adventurous!

Hope some of you find my ideas helpful/interesting. I'll definitely be following up on a few of yours.

Great idea for a post Neen :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Oh forgot about the gardening side of things too. Until recently I had an allotment. That was lots of fun & kept me very busy (TOO busy though which is why I gave it up). Still like to grow things at home though in my teeny garden. Now is the perfect time to get those seeds started off. Off recovering from my gall bladder op yesterday but can't wait to get up and out into the garden :)

Just Dance keeps me busy and burns extra calories. I love dancing so much. My fiancé & I took up rock and roll jive a few years ago and that's a great hobby. Thinking of trying salsa next but not sure I've quite got the 'sexy' element that seems to be needed.

Decorating is another of my favourites. I love finding quirky old bits of furniture and doing them up. They can take quite a while and it's so satisfying when done. I'm working on a trunk for my guest bedroom at the mo.

Oh, and the other thing I love is personalising clothing. I'm not good enough to make clothes from scratch but I love altering things and adding 'randomness' to my outfits. Whizzing up other little things for my home on the sewing machine is fun too....funky door stops, curtains, table cloths, aprons....nothing too adventurous!

Hope some of you find my ideas helpful/interesting. I'll definitely be following up on a few of yours.

Great idea for a post Neen :)

Ah you take it easy and hope you are fully recovered soon xxxx

I love dancing!!! I think losing my co-ordination at my heaviest was such a low point...not even to be able to move properly anymore was a huge blow.
There's another thing to look forward to !

The Jive sounds like fantastic fun...I bet it has helped you get to where you are now.
Any exercise that doesn't feel like a chore is always going to help..and even more so if it feels like a treat :D

I have the collection of core rhythms workouts which is similar to Zumba I guess and has a lot of latin inspired dance styles...got to blow the dust off that this year as well!

You'll have to look out for the flirty girl workouts as well, they look brilliant for adding some sassy back to your moves repertoire.
I've got one called booty beat but I'm not using it while Dean works from home or he'll be falling about laughing.

Home decor is always good, and finding unsual stuff to renew and recycle is great, be it furnishings or clothing or whatever. I definately with you on that, you can get some great stuff and also some lovely craft stuff now so you are well away!

I used to use some nice fabric paints and gems called Jones Tones...very pretty sparkly stuff! And some amazing laser glitters.

I used them for all sorts, also made cards (still do) and just general pretty things really!

I love knitting and crochet, I joined my local knitters and natters group this year, I wouldn't have had the confidence to go before my WLS, it does keep me from nibbling and there's something productive at the end.
I may have to join knitters/crocheters anonymous though as I have become a bit obsessive! I reckon I spend less on wool than I ever did on food though!

I write fanfic *lol* Yes, another geek! Though it can be hard to concentrate when you're really hungry :-( I also do cross-stitch and I read a lot. An awful lot. Get through a book every 7-10 days at the moment *lol*
And I think it's quite amusing that my hobbies adn reading and writing, but I'm dyslexic. Thank god for spellcheck on Word!! ;-)

Back