• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

April 2014 Surgeries

canjam

April Surgeries

Think it's time for the April Thread!
All those having wls in April share you stories.

canjam

I'm due to have a sleeve on the 8/4/14 at Lewisham Hospital.
Since referral in December 13, Ive had a sleep test, Endoscopy and my pre op assessment.
Starting my pre op diet on 21/3/14.
I so ready for this, looking forward to being in the wls club!

Crystalrainbow

Welcome hun and congrats on getting your date. Wishing you all the luck in the world on your pre op and beyond x x x Not long now til you join the 'club' :)

princess4d4

also april should get definate date this coming week started my 4 week pre op but im also sure there is an april thread started ???

princess4d4

april here date to be confirmed this coming week started my 4 week pre op this weekend though they did say it may be less or more than 4 weeks as they have 2 dates just not sure what one of the 2 im getting good luck to all other april oppers looking forward to seeing you all on the losers bench

princess4d4

been confirmed for 16th april though will be at spire parkway and not heartlands they have no beds appreciate any info pls on spire if anyone has any many thanks

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I started it already for you. It's in the 'stickies' thread at the top of this section.

I'll merge this thread with it.

samp24

Got my date too! 30th April OMG!!!!!! been a long journey since gp referral Oct 2012. Cant quite believe it. Liver reducing diet to start 16th April. :D

Geordie lass

Hi. I have my sleeve gastrectomy on 23 April at the Leeds Nuffield. Going private through THG. I am being admitted on 22 April and hopefully discharged on 25 April. I have been thinking about getting this done now for 4 years and finally decided 2 weeks ago when I had my initial consultation. Can't wait to finally get rid of this fat suit! :D M x

Valentine14

Hi, I had a sleeve at the Nuffield Leeds in February. They were fantastic! Four weeks out and I've lost 2 stone and feel great. Good luck, hope all goes well xx

Geordie lass

Hi, I had a sleeve at the Nuffield Leeds in February. They were fantastic! Four weeks out and I've lost 2 stone and feel great. Good luck, hope all goes well xx

That is fab news. I have heard other positive stories about them too! Thanks for telling me! M x

princess4d4

good luck all for april hope them marchers saved us all some room on that there bench

PokeyKoala

Gastric-bypass 7th April at The Spire Gatwick Park.

On the liver shrinkage diet as two weeks today, I am going in. Eek.

I know I am in safe hands and have had a very thorough consultation with my surgeon, dietician and psychotherapist but currently swinging between HOORAY my new life is starting :D and being freaked out about the op and life after :(

Although I am told this is totally natural.

One thing I have done is to write a long list of positives and everything I want to achieve after the Op and I have been looking at this every time I have a wobble.

Good luck to everyone "Opping in April"

Lincs Lass

Good luck all xx

bex986

I'm booked for the 2nd April at Gloucester Royal (NHS) Got to be there for 11am as am in the afternoon sometime, am really nervous but excited at the same time.
I'm having the sleeve done, its been a really long journey since being referred by Gp in august 11, cant believe its nearly here!

mskimus

Having a gastric sleeve done in France on 23 april. nervous but excited they did say I might be advised to have a mini bypass so I will see what happens. Kim

princess4d4

im seriously thinking when i go for pre op assessment next week of telling them i want a sleeve and not the bypass wonder if they would do that has anyone else changed their minds so close ???

princess4d4

i was always tossed up between the 2 and now after a chance to think i just think i would prefer the less invasive not sure yet i will see what they say im speaking to the dieticians later today