• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

April 2014 Surgeries

Babynurse

My gastric band procedure is tomorrow at Dolan Park and I am feeling nervous but excited. Hope I can get to sleep for a few hours before I have to leave home very early to get there by 7am. Wish me luck!

Crystalrainbow

Wishing you all the very best for tomorrow hunni :) get plenty of rest if ya can tonight............ easier said than done i know lol keep us updated tomorrow x x x xgl hun you'll be grand :)

Geordie lass

Well I'm here, bloods done so just waiting now for my room. Mouth very dry! Can't wait for it to be over.

Good luck for today, baby nurse. Hope everything goes well for you. M x

princess4d4

good luck for today hope all goes well

princess4d4

Any news on babynurse ??? Thought I would check while I sit here bored hope she is ok will try check back later

Babynurse

Hi everyone, well I'm finally home - a bit tender around the port site and full of wind! Had to have Morphine in recovery it was so bad. Thankfully now I'm moving around a bit more it is coming out. Didn't have much nausea, just late last night when I tried to have soluble co-codamol but think that was because my stomach was empty.

The staff at Dolan Park were fantastic and couldn't do enough for me. I'm just sipping some soluble paracetamol then going to catch up with a bit of tv before a nap.

I'll keep updating and thanks for your messages of support x

Geordie lass

Great to hear that you are now back home and everything went well. M x

princess4d4

Glad your done and home rest for a speedy recoveryv

Crystalrainbow

Hi everyone, well I'm finally home - a bit tender around the port site and full of wind! Had to have Morphine in recovery it was so bad. Thankfully now I'm moving around a bit more it is coming out. Didn't have much nausea, just late last night when I tried to have soluble co-codamol but think that was because my stomach was empty.

The staff at Dolan Park were fantastic and couldn't do enough for me. I'm just sipping some soluble paracetamol then going to catch up with a bit of tv before a nap.

I'll keep updating and thanks for your messages of support x

wtg hunni congrats on making the losers bench :) wishing you speedy recovery x x x take it easy and sip sip sip :)

canjam

8 days since op and I'm recovery well.
Slowly increasing my intake of 'nutritious' liquids, longing to eat something substantial! I feel strange and can't actual believe I've been sleeved. It felt like it was never going to happen but it came and went! I feel very in tune with my digestive system. Although I still desire food I'm highly aware that my body cannot handle it and I'm learning to respect my sleeve in order to maximise my weight loss potential.
First few days
I felt like hell and the pain was intense (I think I ignored peoples feeds on pain!)
Managing well now, just taking pain relief in the morning and evenings. Only now able to cope with coughing and sneezing!
Hospital
Fabulous care. Stayed 2 days in Lewisham HDU, which was fabulous. One to one nurse and own suite, I would have been happy to stay the week.
Progress to date
24-03-14 start of pre op 18.13
08-04-14 day of op 17.11
16-04-14 one week post op 17.5
Total loss 1st8lbs
Working on taking my time to recover and achieving my first goal to be in the 16's

Looking forward to losing.
Good luck to all with up and coming surgeries

GeMzY

good to hear canjam xx my sleeve is next week (think i keep typing that because it doesnt seem real lol)

traceymc

April bypass

Eventually feel able to join the world of WLS - Had my bypass at Sunderland Royal on April 15th ......... Surgery went fine and after a 3 night stay (including night prior to op) have come home - Puree and liquid diet is manageable and pain is much less than I expected. All ready to carry on my journey however hard and looking forward to becoming a healthier, happier, thinner me x:)

princess4d4

how we doing on here april oppers seems very quiet hope everyone post op is recovering and good luck to any still pre op but due in the next week

samp24

i'm due in this wednesday, for a bypass Treliske hospital in truro,cornwall fingers crossed, nothing gets in the way!. feeling little nervous, had my last bloods done today, and just want to get it done now. touch wood it will all be fine and will be behind me before i know it.:)

princess4d4

goodluck for wednesday samp im sure all will go fine and you will be on the other side with some of us others