• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ARRRGGGGG!! sorry need to scream

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
I just want to have a vent here

My mom was rushed to hospital on Monday with gastroenteritis
My Dad is very confussed (we are not sure if its some medication he is on or the begining of dementia)
so I have been running backwards and forwards between home sorting son (10)and hubby (typical "cant do anything" man) out.
and moms house looking after dad all day and hospital (Visiting taking dad twice a day)
My brothers 1 lives 2 far away the other 2 are apparently "too busy" to visit or help in anyway
So its me and my daughter (27) who is in full time work....So just me mainly.

I am so tired ..I feel like a piece of elastic that has stretch to its limit and is about to break...
Then last night I get a phone call while driving to the hospital for a job interview today at 4pm. Which I am going to cancel
ARRRRRGGGGGGGGG
so if above makes no sense but I needed to write this down while I have got 2 seconds and before I snap someones head off :cry: :sigh:

My Dad is very confussed (we are not sure if its some medication he is on or the begining of dementia)
so I have been running backwards and forwards between home sorting son (10)and hubby (typical "cant do anything" man) out.
and moms house looking after dad all day and hospital (Visiting taking dad twice a day)
My brothers 1 lives 2 far away the other 2 are apparently "too busy" to visit or help in anyway

I am so tired ..I feel like a piece of elastic that has stretch to its limit and is about to break...
Then last night I get a phone call while driving to the hospital for a job interview today at 4pm. Which I am going to cancel
ARRRRRGGGGGGGGG
so if above makes no sense but I needed to write this down while I have got 2 seconds and before I snap someones head off :cry: :sigh:

Gosh Wendy ... no wonder you feel the need to vent :sigh: I have a very similar thing going on at the minute & it seems that the one who does not complain & just gets on with it, is assumed to be coping admirably :rolleyes:
We are women ... we can multi task our asses off :p
Hope your mum & dad turn the corner very soon, your family realise you are not actually superwoman (stop wearing your pants on the outside :eek:) & you do actually get to go for your interview, which of course you will cane & get the job ;) chin up, sweetheart ... all things shall pass ... mwah xxx

Gosh Wendy ... no wonder you feel the need to vent :sigh: I have a very similar thing going on at the minute & it seems that the one who does not complain & just gets on with it, is assumed to be coping admirably :rolleyes:
We are women ... we can multi task our asses off :p
Hope your mum & dad turn the corner very soon, your family realise you are not actually superwoman (stop wearing your pants on the outside :eek:) & you do actually get to go for your interview, which of course you will cane & get the job ;) chin up, sweetheart ... all things shall pass ... mwah xxx

Hi Twink I had to cancel the interview I couldn't be in 3 places at once.
We have now been told mom will be in at least till Monday.
and my 2 brothers don't even seem to care.
Its amazing how my parents have sung their praises in the past and considering I haven't hardly spoken to my parents in 2 years.. I was the first one my dad phoned
So maybe they have realised who they can rely on

Ah Wendy, can you rearrange the interview?

Hope your mum is better soon and things return to normal - ish xx

Thinking of you hon :( It sounds like a really tough time.

Aww Hun we are never sent more than we can cope with despite what it feels like at the time.
Sorry about your mum, dad & family. Hopefully they will both be fit & well soon at least hubby can help with your son over the weekend giving you a break. So sorry to about the interview hope they can rearrange it with you.
In amongst the mayhem you're living through make sure you take care of you & don't over do it so you make sure yourself ill to.

Ah Wendy, can you rearrange the interview?

Hope your mum is better soon and things return to normal - ish xx

I phoned the woman and cancelled the interview.
I had explained when I spoke to her last night. But said to put me down for 4pm and I would check and let her know A.S.A.P if anything changed and I couldn't make it.
She was breaking up from work tonight for her holidays and said she would put a note on my file, and if there were any positions hadn't been filled when she got back she would ring me (There were 14 positions going) So fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Aww Hun we are never sent more than we can cope with despite what it feels like at the time.
Sorry about your mum, dad & family. Hopefully they will both be fit & well soon at least hubby can help with your son over the weekend giving you a break. So sorry to about the interview hope they can rearrange it with you.
In amongst the mayhem you're living through make sure you take care of you & don't over do it so you make sure yourself ill to.

Thank Penelope

We have been told that Mom won't be out at least till Monday.
They have found some sort of erratic rhythm in her heart It did have name but Mom can't remember what its called and I couldn't find her Doctor to ask when I went in.
But I now have a break
My eldest brother has said he will visit tomorrow afternoon and I could have a break and my other 2 useless brothers have arranged to visit one tomorrow evening with my daughter fetching dad and getting him home and the other Sunday evening and he will take my dad with him then and take him home so I have only got to go to dads Sunday daytime and take him to visit Mom
so I get to spend sometime with the hubby and son

I really feel for you. Much of my life is that everyone seems to want a piece of me. I tried going on strike once, and everyone else's life fell apart and it took my longer to sort everything else out that it would to have just organised everyone to start with.

Am in a rut and resigned to my fate. But have at least decided to do something for me and not be fat any more whilst doing it.

Recognising that I need to have ME time and I matter has been part of this process.

I write out instructions and give them to people to complete if they want whatever it is that they are supposed to be doing. If they don't do them, then they miss out. In one case it has taken a couple of goes for the person to realise that they are not hurting me if they miss out, just themselves :eek:

Having said that I did completely blow a gasket at my idiot of a husband at a remote bus stop in a foreign country this morning. I did check that no one could see even if they could have heard me 400 metres away :eek: I felt much better afterwards, and he did actually utter the S word (sorry), even if he's not completely sure of the exact meaning of it.

I haven't had functioning parents for nearly 30 years, maybe remind your brothers that they won't be around for ever and when they are gone, they are gone.

Hi Twink I had to cancel the interview I couldn't be in 3 places at once.
We have now been told mom will be in at least till Monday.
and my 2 brothers don't even seem to care.
Its amazing how my parents have sung their praises in the past and considering I haven't hardly spoken to my parents in 2 years.. I was the first one my dad phoned
So maybe they have realised who they can rely on

Hope today is a better one for you, Wendy honey ... Glad your brothers have decided to help out, even if it will be minimal :(
Parents have an odd way of only seeing what they want to :rolleyes: as a parent I guess that applies to me too, lol. :):)
Let's hope your mum is out on Monday as hospital visiting is so very tying ... I have been up & down to see my very sick auntie & uncle twice a day for the past month & am cream crackered :eek: now all my nearest & dearest have decided to go down with the nasty bug that is doing the rounds so I am doing my nursey impression trying to make sure they are all cared for :rolleyes: luckily they all appreciate me so when I succumb, which is very likely given how contagious it seems to be :rolleyes: they will reciprocate :wave_cry:
Thinking of you, sweetie ... hope the job interview happens as you sooo deserve some you time :) xxx

Well had a good sleep but am still tired feels like someone has pulled my eyes out rubbed them with sand and put them back in
We have just had to deliver something I sold on ebay last weekend before mom was taken ill.
There is a big nature reserve by the place we had to go so darling hubby dragged me along and I had a little walk around the shop and art gallery and fed the swans and ducks. It was nice but all I could think about was the mountain of ironing waiting at home for me....
NO IT CAN'T WAIT I've got no clothes left to wear LOL
So just had a cuppa and 5 mins on here and I'm off to tackle the ironing in front of the TV

Hope today is a better one for you, Wendy honey ... Glad your brothers have decided to help out, even if it will be minimal :(
Parents have an odd way of only seeing what they want to :rolleyes: as a parent I guess that applies to me too, lol. :):)
Let's hope your mum is out on Monday as hospital visiting is so very tying ... I have been up & down to see my very sick auntie & uncle twice a day for the past month & am cream crackered :eek: now all my nearest & dearest have decided to go down with the nasty bug that is doing the rounds so I am doing my nursey impression trying to make sure they are all cared for :rolleyes: luckily they all appreciate me so when I succumb, which is very likely given how contagious it seems to be :rolleyes: they will reciprocate :wave_cry:
Thinking of you, sweetie ... hope the job interview happens as you sooo deserve some you time :) xxx

I hope everyone gets better soon!!!!
Hubby gets a little glint in his eye every time someone mentions playing nursey ;) :rolleyes: ... He's go no chance :D

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGG
:hug99::hug99::)

Just a quick update
cos I still need a good scream
We got Mom home from the hospital 1 week after she was admitted then we started to try to sort Dad out.
The Dr started with a blood test which came back fine then he was sent for a CT scan which showed he has got 3 tumours in his brain.
These were diagnosed as secondary cancers so he was admitted to the hospital for tests with more scans to try and find the primary cancer. This was discovered in his lungs.

Due to his memory not being the best and the fact he gets very agitated they have said that any treatment would cause him too much pain and distress.And could possible kill him sooner.
They have said at best he will have 3-6 months
So he is now at home with Mom and I am going over every day to help do anything that I can.
Moms not too good on her legs and has to use crutches so can't chase around after him.
It's like looking after a 78 year old toddler LOL

Oh Hun, a really rough time for you & your family. Here's hoping you can get some help with both parents & some time to deal with & absorb this yourself. My thoughts & prayers with you at this tough time. Take care of yourself while you juggle it all you're going to need all your strength physical & emotional in the coming months, so remember number 1is you so you have the strength to do what's needed.
Hugs & best wishes to you anytime you need them.

Really sorry to hear this Wendy. Tough times ahead for you I'm afraid. Try to look after yourself and reserve your energy
xx

Back