• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2014 Surgeries

This constipation business seems very common, dropping the kids off at the pool seems to be catching people out, so far my kids have leapt in to the water!!

This constipation business seems very common, dropping the kids off at the pool seems to be catching people out, so far my kids have leapt in to the water!!

I'm really glad I wasn't drinking when I read this! Thank you for the genuine hearty laugh of my day!

Hi ladies, it's so good to read about your progress and your ups and downs. Hopefully, the ups are outweighing the downs!

Hope your feeling better Loren and well done to all of you on the weight loss.

I had my first hospital appointment today. The nurse said I have lost a total of 3 stone which is great.

The downside of the op for me has been the horrible taste in my mouth and the constant nausea.

It turns out that I might have oral thrush which is causing the nasty taste and I need to ask the GP for a different anti sick tablet.

I'm also developing a milk intolerance so I've switched to lactofree.

The one thing I want, more than anything at the moment is a sandwich made with uncut bread, ham, salad and mustard. I can't wait lol!

I'm hoping once the thrush has gone, to begin to enjoy eating more and hopefully, next week I'll be chowing down on that sandwich :)

Great to here others are doing well too.

Ladies I do have a question for those of you who had a bypass and are still pretty menopause ..... Have any of you had issues with your periods?????

Great to here others are doing well too. Ladies I do have a question for those of you who had a bypass and are still pretty menopause ..... Have any of you had issues with your periods?????

I had normal periods before bypass, the anti coagulants I had at surgery during my period I then had more when re admitted made my period last about three weeks since I've not had a proper period bleeding wise just a few spots, but all the symptoms!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi ladies, it's so good to read about your progress and your ups and downs. Hopefully, the ups are outweighing the downs! Hope your feeling better Loren and well done to all of you on the weight loss. I had my first hospital appointment today. The nurse said I have lost a total of 3 stone which is great. The downside of the op for me has been the horrible taste in my mouth and the constant nausea. It turns out that I might have oral thrush which is causing the nasty taste and I need to ask the GP for a different anti sick tablet. I'm also developing a milk intolerance so I've switched to lactofree. The one thing I want, more than anything at the moment is a sandwich made with uncut bread, ham, salad and mustard. I can't wait lol! I'm hoping once the thrush has gone, to begin to enjoy eating more and hopefully, next week I'll be chowing down on that sandwich :)

Glad you got to the bottom of your symptoms. That must be rotten for you. Great weight loss xx

Hi all..so i will be 5 weeks post op Tuesday, all is going well..im now down to 10st 8lb...yeehhaa
As yet im still finding it hard to eat a great deal which is great, today i managed 80grams of pureed fish and was stuffed, the most i can manage is 200ml of chocolate milk over an hours...water goes down ok. I have totally gone off a cup of tea though, i can manage a few sips and the. I hit a wall.

Hey all...well september is over and I have lost 1st 2lb since my op on the 26th Aug, im now 10st 7lb.
How has everyone else done?

Hey all...well september is over and I have lost 1st 2lb since my op on the 26th Aug, im now 10st 7lb.
How has everyone else done?

I've lost over 2 stone since my op on 11 August!

Well done shell!!

And to you! You're getting so close now!

Does anyone else who had a sleeve suffer hiccups after eating?

Oh, I get those too! And other wind. I'm full of gurgles and glogs and wind from both ends. Small price to pay!

I get the odd hiccup - but to be fair I was quite hiccuppy and burpy pre-op too. :giggle:

I get the odd hiccup - but to be fair I was quite hiccuppy and burpy pre-op too. :giggle:

Me too. Due to my gall bladder being removed when I was a teenager, I've always been a bit of a gas factory ;)

Back