• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2014 Surgeries

I was down for having a Sleeve on Saturday 2nd August, but I had a call on Thursday to change it to the Sunday 3rd August.

Hey ho, it means I can go to the Pet Show on the Saturday....:)

I was down for having a Sleeve on Saturday 2nd August, but I had a call on Thursday to change it to the Sunday 3rd August. Hey ho, it means I can go to the Pet Show on the Saturday....:)

Looks like your next! :) good luck

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Oh good luck bluewoo..I will look forward to your update on how it all goes!
Im having a sleeve on the 26th Aug

Hi everyone, had the op this morning and I have been sleeping most of the day. In abit of pain but not too bad the worst was the sickness to the anaesthetic. I am now wired to the bed, with a drip, leg compressors and an oxygen mask watching TV. Overall feeling better than I thought I would.

Hi everyone, had the op this morning and I have been sleeping most of the day. In abit of pain but not too bad the worst was the sickness to the anaesthetic. I am now wired to the bed, with a drip, leg compressors and an oxygen mask watching TV. Overall feeling better than I thought I would.

Congratulations. Just a shame the tv tonight is rubbish :)

After three years of weighting .... sorry waiting :eek:) And under 3 hospitals I got the call today and I am booked in for 11 August at Kings under Professor Rubino, think I spelt that right! Nn pre op diet mentioned, but I am going to do the milk diet from Monday, just to give my poor liver a bit of a kick start. I am aware it might be cancelled and almost expecting it, but have everything crossed all goes ahead, excited muchly ! x x

After three years of weighting .... sorry waiting :eek:) And under 3 hospitals I got the call today and I am booked in for 11 August at Kings under Professor Rubino, think I spelt that right! Nn pre op diet mentioned, but I am going to do the milk diet from Monday, just to give my poor liver a bit of a kick start. I am aware it might be cancelled and almost expecting it, but have everything crossed all goes ahead, excited muchly ! x x

Congrats fab news! Fingers crossed for you!

Glad your feeling better than expected, rest up!
Have you seen your surgeon, update on how the surgery went?

Yes I saw the surgeon, he said he had a difficult time as I had lots of adhesions but no hernia, he gave me a DVD of the procedure so could see how it went. I said I would pass at the moment. Lol
he said that normally he only takes approximately 30 - 40 mins to carry out the procedure but mine took over an hour! But he was pleased with the end result and would come and see me tomorrow.

Ooh, I would have to take the DVD home! I probably wouldn't be able to watch it straight away, but curiosity would get the better of me one day, and I'd have to watch it! I wish they have me that option! Haha

Hi all,

I'm having a bypass done at Tauton Musgrove Park on 26th August, starting milk diet on 12th, bring it on cant come soon enough!!

Good luck everyone!!

Yes I saw the surgeon, he said he had a difficult time as I had lots of adhesions but no hernia, he gave me a DVD of the procedure so could see how it went. I said I would pass at the moment. Lol he said that normally he only takes approximately 30 - 40 mins to carry out the procedure but mine took over an hour! But he was pleased with the end result and would come and see me tomorrow.

Lol is that an option? I'm only getting the band but my curiosity would love to watch lol!! X

Glad your doing well!!

I'm booked in for 3 weeks today!!! :) x

Thanks guys, doing well today i have been taken for two short walks to ensure I don't get stiff. I had chicken consome and low fat natural yogurt with honey for lunch, took me over an hour to consume! For dinner i was given clear chicken soup and jelly for desert. Looking forward to going home tomorrow.

Back