• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2014 Surgeries

Had a good day today apart from having an allergic reaction to fastab came out in hives and had to have several injection to counteract but the team here at the Spires Roding have been fantastic and my surgeon Mr Mannur been to see me three times since the op and will be coming again tomorrow before I leave the hospital to check up on me. I would definitely recommend the care here.

Good luck to all the forthcoming August surgeries. Xxx

August Surgery

My gastric bypass is booked for 14th August. Started pre-op diet a few days ago and really struggling. My diet seems much harsher than any I've seen described on here and I worked out I'm getting just 500 calories a day. Surely that's not enough is it?

Hi Lindac good luck with your diet! I start mine on the 12th, I'm doing a slim fast diet this week to get me ready for the pre op diet! Good luck with your journey

Wahoo I have a smile from ear to ear, all my hard work has paid off on the pre op diet and I'm back in my 24 dresses used to be 26-28! But now can comfortably do 24-26 :)

How's everyone doing?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hey everyone!!!

Just got my letter yesterday! Pre-op on the 19th august and surgery on the 28th august!!

Need to check about my pre-op diet and start date tomorrow as my rubbish dietician didn't give me any info (she fobbed me off and said 'you're most likely gonna be on weight management so there's no point explaining it all') and no info came with my letters.

Excited and nervous, by terrified of telling my boss tomorrow that I'm going to be off work right while they are short staffed :-/ (To be fair I did warn him in May that it was coming!)

Hey everyone!!! Just got my letter yesterday! Pre-op on the 19th august and surgery on the 28th august!! Need to check about my pre-op diet and start date tomorrow as my rubbish dietician didn't give me any info (she fobbed me off and said 'you're most likely gonna be on weight management so there's no point explaining it all') and no info came with my letters. Excited and nervous, by terrified of telling my boss tomorrow that I'm going to be off work right while they are short staffed :-/ (To be fair I did warn him in May that it was coming!)

Good luck!

Wahoo I have a smile from ear to ear, all my hard work has paid off on the pre op diet and I'm back in my 24 dresses used to be 26-28! But now can comfortably do 24-26 :) How's everyone doing? Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

That's brilliant!!

I had a similar moment, but it was underwear that looked silly and baggy, and I threw them in the bin and bought new stuff...granted still 22-24 but it's progress xx

I also lost 1lb this week..so total weight loss for 3weeks is 16lbs x

Hope everyone else is doing well x

That's brilliant!! I had a similar moment, but it was underwear that looked silly and baggy, and I threw them in the bin and bought new stuff...granted still 22-24 but it's progress xx I also lost 1lb this week..so total weight loss for 3weeks is 16lbs x Hope everyone else is doing well x

Well done! The baggy clothes and dropping scales really are motivational for the trickier diet days!

thanks love, i dont see it as its still only a small loss so far compared to others but i think my face looks less bloated as i think with the underwear i have lost some inches off my middle! xx

Funny you should say that, for me it's also only the middle and the face that I notice a difference!

Glad you guys said something about this - and congrats on your losses!

I'm starting to notice it everywhere - everything seems less...solid, flabbier. But, losses are losses and I'm happy if it means I'm shrinking!

Best of luck Team August!!! Smash it!

Injections post op - vary from person to person. I was on 14 days of clexane blood thinner injections I had to do myself. Each dose is in a disposable single use syringe with a new needle - you just shove it in your tummy and push the syringe down, doesn't hurt at all but I had funny red spots where needles went in for a few days.

I have 14 days of injections too. I agree they don't hurt, but it takes a bit of courage to actually stick a needle into yourself.
Mine come up in pretty dark bruises every time I do one. Like I said, it doesn't hurt, but the bruises make it look like someone's punched me in the stomach repeatedly! lol.

Oh god i had a bad experience with needles years ago and it put me off for life! I had an embarrassing encounter with a dentist, he came at me with a needle for a filling and next thing he was in an arm lock, thats when i realised i had a bigger issue than i realised!! Totally embarrassing and i had the filling with no anaesthetic. That hurt a bit.....

Well day three of my pre-op, pre-op diet, i start the proper one on the 12th august but am doing well on the slim fast so far. Had fish for tea but came home from work to find my husband had been cooking sausages...they smelt good.

My op is the 26th and i think it will come round pretty quick, its already the 3rd.

I hope tranquil is doing ok.

Well done everyone! I'm counting down the days until Saturday... Is there any one else before me?

Back