• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back in hospital!

I am home now guy's but still a bit worse for wear. I left the hospital with no diagnosis; they felt they had exhausted all angles. I am still getting this awful rash that seems to cover my body. It moves around. My hands and feet are very itchy and burn from time to time. I can just about able to walk and taking baths tires me completely. We are going to a private hospital later in the hope that they will be able to help us. I am just so weak and exhausted by it all. My family are worried sick and my my mum just wished I never had my WLS. She isn't horrible about it but is sure this is all linked to it somehow. But I suppose she would as she didn't want me to have it done in the first place. She just wants answers and doesn't know what to think. She has been very supportive though and my husband has been incredible.

Thank you all for thinking of me.

Alex xx

Glad you're home and I hope the private hospital has some answers for you. I take it you've been seen by your bariatric team?

Hi Alex

I really hope you get some answers soon xx

I called my team and let them know the situation. My surgeon was away but the nurse said she would let him know and as well as the rest of the team. That was almost 3 weeks ago, a I have heard nothing since. If I am honest trying; to keep the update was the last thing on my mind. I was given a CT scan using die and they were able to rule out a leak.

All I can do is rest. I am at my wits end with it all. I have never been so ill and it just takes its tole on everyone. It's true what they say though, when the chips are down; you find out who your real friends are.

I would ring your team again. It is shocking they haven't been involved

That's terrible that they haven't been in touch !

One thing that is stressed - my team did anyway - was that if there any problems to inform them. And that's exactly what you've done!

I hope you are getting a good rest xx

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate all your kind words.

I am disappointed in them if I am honest. They have always been so thorough. I had been re-addmitted 2 weeks after surgery on their request and was there for 3 days. I suppose I thought they would have been more involved. I did ask to be transferred but I was too unstable at the time.

I'm pleased to hear that you are home Alex for Christmas Alex and I pray that they find out what the problem is soon.
Like another lady said you have to get in touch with your team again.
Finally hope the private doctor can diagnose whatever it is.
Take care.

I have been I touch and left a message and heard nothing but that may be due to the time of year. I have my 6 week appointment on the 7th January- I have asked if I can been seen sooner. We'll see what happens.

I do hope they get back to you hon. Its shocking they've left you like this.

I am still quite weak. My legs just don't want to work! They shake and have way if I am standing for too long. I am going to have to make some big decisions regarding my business as I can't do any work.

That being said, I am better than I was so I have to focus on that. Thank you for checking in. Xxx

I have an appointment on Thursday. We'll see what they say; I am dreading then telling me I will have to be admitted but if they can find out what is wrong the so be it! I just want to get on with living!

On the plus side, my size 20 trousers that I wore to hospital on the day of my op no longer fit! Whooooo! I can fit 2 legs in to one! Luckily, I have been able to eat. So if hope I am giving myself what it needs to heal.

Good luck for ur appt and just do what u need to feel better im sure u had a right scare. Happy days about the clothes at least u r getting some positives xx

Hope it went ok xx

Back