• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

back from 2 days in hospital

12dobidog

Hi
On Wed I couldn't swallow anything, even water was coming back up.
My wife called the ward where i was post op and they said just come straight in, this was at 11;30pm
I got to homerton at about 1 in the morning and lucky for me one of the Baritric team was standby surgeon and he came to see me. It appeared that the amount of medication I was on was the root of the problem, I was taking 550ml of water with the meds and then having some fruit juice to get rid of the taste. I was doing this every 4 hours and couldn't drink much else
He said I was dehidrated and ordered a drip for me and then said a would have to have a swallow test the next day. I got the all clear from this and the op is still good. but they kept me in on a drip until tonight. They checked my blood this afternoon and cleared me to come home.
Now all i can do is contact my GP and sort out the meds.
but the worst part is the hospital pumped me up with so much water i have put on 2lbs

So glad you are home and sorted, hope you keep recovering well now xxxx

Glad ur back home now, pls dont worry bout the 2lbs it will come off as quick as u blink ur eyes.
Hope this prob does not occur again for u xx

Hi
On Wed I couldn't swallow anything, even water was coming back up.
My wife called the ward where i was post op and they said just come straight in, this was at 11;30pm
I got to homerton at about 1 in the morning and lucky for me one of the Baritric team was standby surgeon and he came to see me. It appeared that the amount of medication I was on was the root of the problem, I was taking 550ml of water with the meds and then having some fruit juice to get rid of the taste. I was doing this every 4 hours and couldn't drink much else
He said I was dehidrated and ordered a drip for me and then said a would have to have a swallow test the next day. I got the all clear from this and the op is still good. but they kept me in on a drip until tonight. They checked my blood this afternoon and cleared me to come home.
Now all i can do is contact my GP and sort out the meds.
but the worst part is the hospital pumped me up with so much water i have put on 2lbs

Hi Bryan , glad youre feeling ok now. Onwards and upwards - i'm sure that extra 2lbs will be off in no time :)

At least you got it sorted quite quickly! That must have been a bit scary. As the others have said, don't worry about the 2lbs - it's only fluids as you know xx

So glad your team were quick to sort you out. As other's have said a 2lb weight gain will go before you know it, the main thing is to sort your meds so you don't get a repeat episode... Nice to have you back :) :) x

glad your home and well, never mind about the 2lbs its only water at least you know its not FAT. xx

Glad everything is okay and you have been sorted out just a little glitch, don't worry about the 2 pound gain in the grand scheme of things its nothing it will come off by tomorrow. janey;););)

Thank goodness they took such good care of you and made sure everything was okay. I hope your GP can sort the meds out.

Glad you got sorted chuck and don't fret about the 2lb, it'll roll off soon ;)

Thanks guys
Like you all said the 2lb was water and it was gone by morning, the amount of time I spent in the loo last night.
I have used the idea of using yogurt to take the meds and it seems to work, (so thanks whoever said this)
Feeling good and positive now so thanks for all your support and keep on losing

Glad you seem to be sorted now Bryan xxx

Back