• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Balloon & Bypass Journey

Officially a pre op.... Awaiting my INFORMATION DAY letter to come through and then will be having a gastric balloon shortly after. Just waiting now. Really cant wait. Its like waiting for a bus. I know its on its on its way but the wait is annoying haha.

I started seeing the team in December 2014. With my weight going up and down for a year, I managed to keep a loss track going for a number of months. After a lot of blood tests, appointments and various scans and tests, I was put forward to have a gastric balloon for 6months followed by a gastric bypass.

I currently weigh an ENORMOUS 267.8kg with my heaviest being 274.2kg.

Thats the first time I have ever written that out into public domain. Wow. Its important though. I will never be that heavy again. Im so ready for this journey and BRING ON ALL THE CHALLENGES.

I want to be Fit Before 30. I have just over a year. This is my thread to keep you updated. I may start a vlog, but not sure if I can share that link when I start, so if someone could let me know the procedure regarding that, that would be great.

CAN NOT WAIT!!!??

Hope your letter doesn't take too long to arrive and that your date is soon. All the best for your journey, I look forward to reading about it.

Still waiting on a letter.... Any info would be good. Falling into a trap of bad eating habits again. Back on it tomorrow. Feeling crap for eating crap. Need to get back on some sort of plan.

Hope u don't wait too long look forward to reading about your journey. Good to do it while ur still young I had my sleeve at 47 the only regrets I have is not doing it sooner sleeved Sept 2014 hit target by October 2915 over 100lb lost I feel younger now than I did on my 20's. Hope u have a great journey and live life to full in your 30's xxxxx

Hope u don't wait too long look forward to reading about your journey. Good to do it while ur still young I had my sleeve at 47 the only regrets I have is not doing it sooner sleeved Sept 2014 hit target by October 2915 over 100lb lost I feel younger now than I did on my 20's. Hope u have a great journey and live life to full in your 30's xxxxx

Thank you Sarah, lovely message :) Just hate the not knowing part... Would love to know a date so can have something to look forward too. Guess its just the excitement!

Today marks 5 weeks since I was confirmed for WLS, and I still haven't heard anything regarding a date for my education day. Am I being impatient? Can someone help?

Has anyone else been to Russells Hall in Dudley and been in the same boat?

Hiya, just seen your story iand I understand where your coming from with the writting down your weight thing. I am nearly 40 years old and struggled with my emotional, binge eating since early teens. Seen dr after dr till finally I got help last November I had a rny bypass I now feel new, confidence is returning and I take pride in myself a lot more. Preparations before you have your balloon moisturise your skin as much as you can and drink lots of water as this will help the excess skin. I can't help with your time scales but on here most days if you want some support. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to your letter arriving X

So I finally got a letter through the post. It's for the end of May but it's just a meeting with the consultant/surgeon I think. I think the surgery date will come soon after that appointment which is a bit annoying because it's a really long wait and longer than I expected but that's the journey I suppose. I really hope things come together really quick.

So I finally got a letter through the post. It's for the end of May but it's just a meeting with the consultant/surgeon I think. I think the surgery date will come soon after that appointment which is a bit annoying because it's a really long wait and longer than I expected but that's the journey I suppose. I really hope things come together really quick.

In the same boat as u really finished programme 3rd Dec got letter 11 Feb from mdt to say they recommend me went to doctors 19th Feb for him to refer me to Southampton and heard nothing since have called them and they have received my referral,like u going back to really bad eating habits would say I have put on 18lb from Dec which is wot I lost on the tier 3 programme ??

Seems the sequence is slightly different for different hospitals? I had my referral and was put on tier 3 (though the consultant said I was supposed to loose weight before referral) and the education session was during the tier 3 and before my follow up with my consultant (6months from referral appointment). Now I have a bunch of tests and my pre-op on 2oth April and have been informed on the phone that my op will be on 18 May. That's at the Whitt

Last edited:
Wow....are you pleased?

Had some bad news :( which I kind of expected. Went to see usual docs, and I have put some weight on. They gave me a stern talking too and basically said from now until my surgery chat, which is the 24th May, I really need to knuckle down and lose some weight.

I HAVE TO. Im having a bit of a bad/sad day today because of it, but Im not reaching for any crap food. Boiled eggs for breakfast, crackerbread for lunch and chicken for dinner. WATER WATER WATER. I'm not ruining this chance. I am and I WILL be slim a year from now. I'm 30 on the 28th April 2017. Just a little over a year. I WILL go to New York and wear that jacket and sexy blue shirt I bought two years ago but never was able to wear.

PRAY FOR ME!!!! This addiction to food is such a battle guys, I need to work so damn hard. This is not easy.

Had some bad news :( which I kind of expected. Went to see usual docs, and I have put some weight on. They gave me a stern talking too and basically said from now until my surgery chat, which is the 24th May, I really need to knuckle down and lose some weight. I HAVE TO. Im having a bit of a bad/sad day today because of it, but Im not reaching for any crap food. Boiled eggs for breakfast, crackerbread for lunch and chicken for dinner. WATER WATER WATER. I'm not ruining this chance. I am and I WILL be slim a year from now. I'm 30 on the 28th April 2017. Just a little over a year. I WILL go to New York and wear that jacket and sexy blue shirt I bought two years ago but never was able to wear. PRAY FOR ME!!!! This addiction to food is such a battle guys, I need to work so damn hard. This is not easy.
sending you positive thoughts, good luck X

Hi
Food is a massive addiction , in some ways worse than any drug there is . We have to eat to survive ? So we cannot live without it .. This is what the public don't understand when they say , well just eat less .. It's no that easy or we would all be thin and not having to,out ourselves through life threatening surgery .
I've just had my band fitted 2 days ago , I had to do a mega strict diet for 2 weeks before hand and it was hard !
4 eggs
8oz of chicken
Only green leafy veg , not anything else
Bag of salad leaves
Bovril
Water
Sugar free jellys

The 1st week I felt so ill as my body screamed for carbs . Headaches , stress , high heart rate . But as soon as I came out from that I felt awake , alive and no longer hungry .
You have to go through this withdrawal
Throw everything out . Freezer , empty it , give it away , turn it off . There's nothing in there you need .
Fridge and cupboards , do the same . It's a good start ..
Then stock up on sugar free jelly , it's been my life saver .
Swap your to snacks for now for those fruit salad pots you can buy in the co op ? 2 for £3 I think they are , bloody lovely !
Make up some fresh soup and keep it to hand .
When I'm on my 2nd week I will be making the slimmers world power soup , it's incredibly tasty .
You have it in you to do this , you want it , you need it ..
Start your diary on here and write in it daily , be honest , be true in it . Say how your feeling exactly , your thoughts and say what your eating and we might be able to give you alternatives ..
I'm a newby but there are many experienced people on here who have walked the very path your on .

Mindy
Xxxx

Hi Food is a massive addiction , in some ways worse than any drug there is . We have to eat to survive ? So we cannot live without it .. This is what the public don't understand when they say , well just eat less .. It's no that easy or we would all be thin and not having to,out ourselves through life threatening surgery . I've just had my band fitted 2 days ago , I had to do a mega strict diet for 2 weeks before hand and it was hard ! 4 eggs 8oz of chicken Only green leafy veg , not anything else Bag of salad leaves Bovril Water Sugar free jellys The 1st week I felt so ill as my body screamed for carbs . Headaches , stress , high heart rate . But as soon as I came out from that I felt awake , alive and no longer hungry . You have to go through this withdrawal Throw everything out . Freezer , empty it , give it away , turn it off . There's nothing in there you need . Fridge and cupboards , do the same . It's a good start .. Then stock up on sugar free jelly , it's been my life saver . Swap your to snacks for now for those fruit salad pots you can buy in the co op ? 2 for £3 I think they are , bloody lovely ! Make up some fresh soup and keep it to hand . When I'm on my 2nd week I will be making the slimmers world power soup , it's incredibly tasty . You have it in you to do this , you want it , you need it .. Start your diary on here and write in it daily , be honest , be true in it . Say how your feeling exactly , your thoughts and say what your eating and we might be able to give you alternatives .. I'm a newby but there are many experienced people on here who have walked the very path your on . Mindy Xxxx
very true Mindy, love your attitude.

It's easier to see from this side of that operation table .
I've done this to myself , no one else . I only have myself to blame , and only I can put it right now after being given the help I need .
I hope they do right by our new friend ..

'Had some bad news which I kind of expected. Went to see usual docs, and I have put some weight on. They gave me a stern talking too and basically said from now until my surgery chat, which is the 24th May, I really need to knuckle down and lose some weight.

I HAVE TO. Im having a bit of a bad/sad day today because of it, but Im not reaching for any crap food. Boiled eggs for breakfast, crackerbread for lunch and chicken for dinner. WATER WATER WATER. I'm not ruining this chance. I am and I WILL be slim a year from now. I'm 30 on the 28th April 2017. Just a little over a year. I WILL go to New York and wear that jacket and sexy blue shirt I bought two years ago but never was able to wear.

PRAY FOR ME!!!! This addiction to food is such a battle guys, I need to work so damn hard. This is not easy.'

Praying hard :innocent0001:, all the best

Back