• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Balloon & Bypass Journey

Thank you so much guys!!! Great support. Day two, and im not doing too bad! My biggest weakness was snacking and sugar!! Only having 3 meals and in place of snacks, I have a strong coffee with sweetners with just a drop of milk. Curbing me off the crap so far. Really want to lose 10lbs by 27th April for when I go see my regular docs, which is a month before surgeon consultant. Then i want to lose another 10 by then. Overall 20lbs before 24th May. I can and I will :)

Thanks again guys, really appreciate the love and support xxxx

You can do it, please just take a day at a time. Maybe have a piece of fruit rather than a real sweet thing. I bought lots of veggies and chicken and literally filled my plate with veg small piece of braised or roasted chicken and lashings of gravy or made a tomato based Spanish dinner. I found I could do it and I was going through depression at the time not speaking or seeing anyone apart from my husband and two children. Can you do chair based exercise?

Hi there I've just started on here and am just beginning the process. I asked not to be referred to Dudley as I know people in the booking office and I didn't want them to know. So my doctor referred me to Shrewsbury which incidentally is where my sister is having her bypass in May. That was about 8 weeks ago. I saw the Doctor at Shrewsbury last week and he's said he'll do a bypass on me too. He says it will take a year to go through all the talks, tests and evaluations. My younger sister has decided to do it as well, but she has been referred to Dudley, but I don't think they do the operations do they? I think it's Walsall or Shrewsbury that do the ops isn't it? Obesity definitely runs in my family, my cousin also had a balloon and bypass done a few years ago and he was probably the same weight as you and about ten years older. He'd always been big and said he wished he had had it done when he was younger and also that his sister who was also big had had it done too. Unfortunately for her, obesity took her life at 49 years of age. She was a beautiful person, funny, pretty and it was a tragic waste. I know people always say this but I seriously have I've never seen so many people at a funeral - ever. Thats why I think this surgery is so vital. We all have so much to offer, but we get written off because of our weight. I like you can't wait to get it done. Then hopefully I'll be more active, be healthy, be able to buy fashionable affordable clothes. I wish I'd asked for it when I was younger as well.

***Hang in there with your diet, it will be worth it in the end, and at your age, after surgery you can avoid all the nasty medical conditions that go with being overweight, and reduce your life expectancy. Go for it - slim, slim, slim!!

Jane x

Jane, thank you for all that. So sorry to hear about your families loss :( onward and upwards for sure. Refreshing to see someone local on here too. Hope to see your posts and journey - its going to be a bumpy ride and a long road, but you've started now. NO GOING BACK!! Lets smash it!! X

You can do this!! There's so much support on here and if you need a pick me up - you just come here!

You're doing amazingly well and have such a brilliant fighters attitude!!

xxx

Hi Fit !
How you doing ?

Hiya!

Good thank you! Still waiting on next appointment, but healthier eating is going well, just hope it reflects on the scales come next week. Eeek! Really want to impress my regular consultant, so fingers crossed my hard works paid off!!

Will let you all know Monday evening how I got on! X

Morning fit
Sounds like your doing really well . Can't wait to hear about your appointment ..
Do you like reading and recipie books ? I can recommend a book by Joe Wicks called Lean in 15 ..
It's packed full of the most incredible recipies that are clean , healthy and most importantly non processed .. Also excercises , but I got it for the recipies
I havnt been able to eat any of yet though lol ! I'm still on week 3 post op , so still on sloopy food , but I'm excited to try out this new food which will become my bible ..
I don't know if you have family/ children , but one tip I would give is to empty your freezer , no matter how much you think it's might be wastage , just throw out all processed food , ready meals etc ..
Anything that has been cooked in a factory does not contain the good nutrients we need now . Those foods contain high carbs and will tempt you back into bad eating habits ..
this new way of eating will also benefit your family in the long run ..
Mindy
Xxxx

Hey fit
How's it going ! You've gone quiet ..

Hi guys! Would have replied sooner, but I usually use the iPhone app for the forum and its been down. Probably because the website updating. Hopefully its sorted soon!!

Went docs today.... Good news or bad news?

Bad news: I didnt lose the 10lbs i wanted or hope too :( I know what i have to do now though, so working hrd now towards a bigger loss for the BIG APPOINTMENT IN MAY!!!

Good news: I did however manage a loss of 4lbs in 20days which isnt great, but its the right path.

Its my birthday on Thursday, so going to allow myself to enjoy that with good choices but not be over hauled by guilt for having a nice day. Realising slowly but surely that food doesnt have to play a part in everything I do :)

Onwards and upwards. Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Hi fit ! Good to hear from you
I'm not sure the app is working as of yet ? I'm sure I saw someone post a few days ago about it , might be wrong though ..
4lbs is good ! It's a step in the right direction that's for sure ..
May I suggest you do your food diary on here , each and every day , good or bad . Write everything , even a bad choice ..
We don't judge , we've all been there so don't feel as if you have to hide what you've eaten .. Again , we've all lied about what we've eaten , and that's how we've all gained weight and got to how we are now .. Lying about our addiction , keeping naughty foods a dark secret ..
Well done and keep up the hard work . It's totally going to be worth it ..
Mindy
Xxx

Next appt is 23rd may with my usual docs, a day before appt with surgeon. Lets see how much I can lose in 20 days.... I'm prepping my food, thrown out the bread and carbs and there is nothing in my freezer but ice cubes, frozen veg, and fresh meat to be defrosted. Just cooked chicken and veg for the next few days, gonna do a beef chilli too tonight for some variety (im anaemic and need to get iron up!) - all healthy, no oil, no carbs, just veggies and protien! Might start posting some meals onto an Instagram account. Not sure if we're allowed to advertise our accounts though? Anyone know?

In Holland and Barratts , they sell Floradix liquid with iron .. It's £10.00 for 250ml and last just under a month or , £16 for a 500ml which will last just under 2 months .. Just a 10ml shot a day , which tastes delicious I might add . I started using it when I first thought about surgery .. I was lethargic , no energy and just generally flat , that's due to the junk food I was eating .. Within a week I noticed I felt more awake in the morning . I still use it every day ..
Try putting baby spinach in everything , chop it up and you won't notice it's there .. I put frozen spinach portions in my smoothie , I put it in stews , soups , even add it to canned soups . Lasagne also ..
Also you could add a bag of Kale to your stews , just try and pinch out the stalks as they can be bitter ..
Put all your recipies on here please ! We all love ideas !
Mindy
Xxx

Well today I fry lighted chicken thigh, and added red onion, courgettes, peppers and garlic with some mushrooms. The water from the chicken made it less dry which was good. I boiled rice and added some sirracha sauce. (If your like me, and love hot sauce, this is the healthiest one!!!) simple, flavoursome and healthy!! I wrote down my food diary for the day in a notebook. Will take a pic or something soon!' X

Just thought I would check in!

Nearly a week down, and I'm so proud to say I'm still doing really well!! Ahhhh, I really thought I would have reached for a treat or been tempted by something by now but nope! Still doing well! I did have a teaspoon of sugar on some cornflakes one morning, but thats been my only downfall. I had run out of multigrain hoops and didnt want to have toast as I have banned the bread!

Im really loving fruit again at the moment. I have around 6-8 pieces a day which is just shocking for everyone in the house haha. I usually have two apples, two oranges and two bananas throughout the day. Hoping to cut out the bananas soon though, as I know they arent great for you.

Will probably try some new fruits next week - it can be my treat haha.

Less than 20 days now until next appt. really hoping to stay on track so i can shock everyone and myself with a MASSIVE loss x

Great to hear your doing good ! Keep it up !

Ok, I only came onto reveal that I cheated! lol, ever so slightly, but after a week of being good, I really craved something sweet and was craving an ice cream! I had a Mcflurry :(( but in seven days, I think this being the only "treat" isnt so bad, right? I'm still really proud at how Iv proved even myself wrong at how I have kept up this week. Iv realised its definitley all about prep and if nothings ready and waiting for when im hungry, thats when I will just snack and rustle up something unhealthy. I have two more weeks now until my big appointment, determined and focused to stay on track. i really hope i can do this and everything goes ok for when it comes to the finl hurdle

Something that comes to mind "Fail to prepare = prepare to fail"!!! Certainly true for me - I have to have things ready to eat at work otherwise I am off to the shop!!!

Hi .. Don't be rough on yourself , we all have a time when we crave .. Mine was 2 days before my op .. I insisted my hubby take me to Portsdown Hill and I had to have a burger and chips . The chips are so amazing from there ..
When I got there I ordered the double burger with no bun . I had the full portion of chips but I hate less than half and broke the rest up for the 100s of birds waiting with hungry eyes .. ( those birds need weight loss surgery let me tell you )
I got that out of my system and realised that I can have those things again , it's not poison , but it will be in much smaller quantities than before , in the right amount my body needs and not wants . There is the biggest difference .. Eat what you need now , not want you want ..
The day before surgery , I woke and rallied hubby .. Opened the freezer and threw out my old life , I only kept what I knew was good in protein and vitamins and good for my body .. .. It was a huge bin bag full , mostly junk food , such a waste but it had to happen .. Then next came the cupboards , not as much in there but I made a huge space ..
Same with the fridge ..
Now I don't buy anything but good stuff for in the house .. My freezer is now full of homemade food in small portions for me and hubby will eat 2 portions .. Soups , cottage pies , stews , lasagne even cauliflower cheese ..
For a seat tooth that hits me in the evening , I have frozen Greek yogurt that has had options hot chocolate stirred in it before being frozen . I also make smoothies with coconut milk and frozen fruit so it makes like a shake away ? A spoon of peanut butter in it is just delicious ...
Sorry for the long note but as others have said , you must be prepared .. One cheat can lead to another and that's how we all got to be where we are ..
It's so hard , the hardest thing we will ever have to do
. I admit I have been struggling this last week but I'm bumbling through it ..

Back