• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First fill

janice123

First fill tomorrow, can't wait. Don't feel any restriction at all and aren't loosing any weight :0( feel really fed up. Hope the scales start moving after the fill!

Last edited by a moderator:
The scales may not move for a bit just because you have a fill. It can take a few to get to the right spot.

Also go through what you are eating with a dietician. I did and the combination of following his advise (eating more!) and getting a final fill from my surgeon did the trick.

But my take on this current weight loss, is slowly and surely. I've done the lose lots of weight in the past, and put most of it back on. This is a lifestyle change forever, not just to reach a target as soon as I can.

Patience is a virtue. A virtue that I'm learning as I'm usually I want it now sort of person.

Last edited:
Janice, it can take a long while to get to a place of restriction. I've had my band now for 6 months next week, I had another fill yesterday and am hoping when I get back off liquids this will start to give me some restriction there . . . however, I've not had restriction so far, but the weight I have lost has come from really taking control of what I put in my mouth and eat. Limiting cals, increased protein, reduced carbs, and this is something that we really have to do along with the band.

The fills themselves, the band itself won't make you lose weight, it goes hand in hand with what and how you eat . . .what are you eating? in what quantities? Do you keep a food diary?

Looking at these things can often enable you to see what choices you're making and what you can change to help that weight go, unfortunately, the band or the fills aren't really what will make you lose . . .

Speak to your provider and I hope the fill goes well :)

Thanks guys, the fill went fine, didn't even realise it had been done!
I don't expect to feel restriction I'm just frustrated that I'm eating healthy and exercising yet not loosing! Trying my best not to loose will power. Dietitian said I'm doing everything right if anything not to worry about restricting carbs

Glad to hear it went ok.

Janice the fills will kick in the restriction at some point, but if you focus on a healthy balanced approach in the meantime to your eating/drinking combined with an increased level of activity you can achieve your goals. I didn't rely on the band to give me full restriction UNTIL I had reached target and i was trying to maintain, strange as it my seem. I needed to find my happy level of restriction then. I did lose ten and a half stones though through careful eating. I was told not to focus on limiting carbs, but to have protein first, veggies and then finally the carbs ... It's worked for me. 1100 calories a day and 70g plus of protein on average to achieve my best weight losses :) I can eat and drink most things, don't particularly have to eat low fat or low carb things, because by default most of my diet/calorie intake is based on the protein first. Currently maintaining (within normal monthly fluctuations) on average of 1600 cals a day ... Only thing i would love , but cannot eat is a nice succulent medium rare steak :( I still :heartpump::heartpump::heartpump: my band

Back