• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band on the run!

Lol.... my old GP was called Dr Payne, I giggled like a 5 year old every time I called up for an appt to see him sad or what!!!

Well, I just read all the bad things about bands, what can go wrong, the side effects etc... then paid the remainder of my money.. its like the right head is so not listening to the left. I spent the night panicking that I am spending all my savings/ looking at myself in the mirror daring to imagine being slimmer.
It's such a long time since I dared to uncover my body and force myself a look that it was truly a horrid experience. If I dont look at it, its not so bad, hence the winter of blissful baggy jogging bottoms and long baggy tops.

So, I do know that this is the right move. It's only money right? I can get more.. You only live once etc etc

Hi Juicy Lucy! Loved reading your posts, you sound just like me, mad! Only joking, I know exactly how your feeling. As you know, that's me done & dusted on Friday past at Dolan Park, my only regret so far is that I never plucked up the courage to do this 10 years ago, the last decade has been spent miserable about my ever expanding waist line, a fortune spent on every diet under the sun, weight off, weight on. Don't we all just know this story so well? I even backed out of the family holiday last summer, left them to go alone, because I couldn't face the heat & sun being so big! That's when I realised something had to be done. We've not got pots of money, far from it, but my lovely husband knows how unhappy I've been, so decided with me to go for it. Dolan Park was really nice, as I've mentioned in other posts already. I arrived the night before as I was coming from Edinburgh, so I was in two nights. Admitted on Thursday afternoon, Op on Friday, late morning. Home on Saturday morning... Pre-Op I spent a lot of time in my room, it was large and airy, it looked out over a pond with ducks, herons & moor hens, that kept me amused for a while.;) Also had a tv, so kept up with the tv programmes. I have to say though my life saver was the Wi-Fi in my room, I took my daughters tablet, my phone & Kindle. So I spent a long time, messaging friends & family, not to mention playing silly games & reading books! So if I would say anything, I'd say take plenty to keep yourself amused. Best of Luck! :D

Hey Lola.. L.O.L.A Lola..

Glad to have you back in the land of the living :D I loved reading your posts from inside Dolan Park too :D And your advice here is really welcome :D
I just looked on their site and treated myself to a 360 degree picture of the surgery room.. why do I do these things? What a berk. Scary!! How real it all looks.. The (bed)room looked fine though- Im almost sad Im not staying the night.. for a rest!
But I guess the benefit of that is Im def first in, first out. No sloppy seconds for me hahahaha (Nope, I have no idea what I mean by that either)
Your message has really cheered me up and put me at ease. Im so emotional. My friend online from LA told me that this was the best thing I could do for myself.. and I bawled again lol. If I told you I cry about twice a year, you'd see Ive overrun my annual quota in about six hours lol

I was in Scotland a couple of weeks ago, flew up on my birthday for a treat to see a friend. The other friend I was with asked if she needed a passport.. lmao ..My hubbys half Scottish and we make the best Atholl Brose this side of the border if I say so myself! We had all our neighbours half cut on it this New Year's Eve!

It is quite scary I agree, I've never had an operation before, only been in hospital to have my girls, with no complications whatsoever. It was a first for everything, flying alone as well! I feel quite proud of myself. I think when we get to this point and we've made up our minds there's no going back. If anything, I was excited about the whole thing, knowing it was the right thing for me and my life was going to be a whole lot better, that of my families too. I can't wait to get walking up hills with my wee girl & dog again, just to be able to do normal things without the struggle. On the 'theatre' thing, it was a bit scary walking in, but everyone put me at ease talking to me, telling me what was going to happen and what they were doing, next thing I knew I was waking up and it was all over... Oh, and on the surgeons names, mine was called Mr Super, and he was!

Lol you lot.. It appears we have the Mister Men operating on us! And no women? I wonder why.

I had the hospital call me yesterday with my dos n fonts and check in times. They needed my blood pressure taken too so I nipped down to Lloyds The Chemist who were most accommodating. They do these 'well and get healthy' checks so she put it in as one if them. I'm pretty sure I pledged to get my heart healthy or something in return.

I'm daring to remember my bum not filling the car seat quite so amply today. And getting around my work table more swiftly and agilely.
How I long for those days!

One of my focuses is also not being a fat grandma.. We have a first grand child arriving in August that I want to play with and chase after, not observe. :)

Not long now Juicy Lucy, time will fly in now... You'll be running around after that wee grandchild of yours at 100mph!

Not long now Juicy Lucy, time will fly in now... You'll be running around after that wee grandchild of yours at 100mph!

I cant even dare to imagine it right now. Im actually getting a bit panicky lol I think Ive over indulged in the not so positive posts, wanting to have a balanced view.

If it doesnt work Im going to hand myself with a piece of cooked spaghetti!

So, I added Acidophilus and arnica30, multi vits and Calcium (chewy gummy bears Lol) to my bag of goodies today.
Acidophilus 5million for the gut- which is repairing and also helps with bloating, and
I also bought Muller lite/ plain greek/probiotic yoghurts, marmite, Ribena lite, Ainsley Harriot rather tidy looking cup-a-soups, slimfast powder, nourishment cans, Innocent Smoothies and covent garden soups for my return.
Im fighting the desire to have all my favourite foods while I still can.. but its hard!
I am a cake maker/designer, and I made one whole batch of cakes too many today- an order of a dozen black forest gateau cupcakes in error. I gave half to one neighbour and half to another ((pride)). I can do it!

Back