• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band on the run!

Thanks BanderBird and Crystal Rainbow :) I will rest up today for sure.. Catching up on Cozza in bed as we speak :) I have a ton of computer related work to do over the next week, so I won't be straining myself. I plan a few walks a day to keep the juices flowing.. (and that damned wind lol) and that's it for me.

:happy096: Ooooooooh Fabulous! Glad all went well, I've been hanging by a thread, literally, waiting on your post! So glad all went well, take everyones advice, REST, no bending, (my mistake!), and let everyone run about & do things for you... Look forward to hearing how you're getting on. Take Care Mrs... :snoopyhouse:

Ahh thanks Lola. It was weird thinking of you being there the week before. I was in room 29 right next to the nurses reception.. where were you?

The trumpeting and belching and general air removal has begun for me, and life is much more comfy lol
Managing 60g of protein on a liquid diet is pretty hard, and seems like Ive been sipping all bleedin day.
I stayed in bed mostly, then walked around every hour to stop myself ceasing up completely. Spent the last hour in the garden on a lounger in the sun, in my cotton pjs and sexy dvt stockings and my sunglasses, reading my kindle and farting. Lovely! Hahaha. Good job I live in the countryside and have no peering neighbours.

My liquid diet today has been worked out by me and the other half to the gram- although Im finding it higher in calories than I care for really. Switching to skimmed milk tomorrow to combat that I think. Its no less in protein than semi, surprisingly.
Im writing it down, so if it helps anyone then let me know and I will type it out.

Ive watched lots of crappy tv- and some good stuff saved up on the hard drive.. not done an ounce of work.. oops!

Fav part of the day was asking hubby if he wanted to see the port.. I told him it was a plastic disc attached into my skin like a tracheotomy and will be there for life. Aw, his face was a picture! Tee hee

Spent the last hour in the garden on a lounger in the sun, in my cotton pjs and sexy dvt stockings and my sunglasses, reading my kindle and farting

That mental image made me laugh a LOT! :D

Those stockings sure are a turn on.

Feeling my port under my skin makes me feel queasy, so I don't do it lol

Oh, how I laughed! You're a hoot! I could just imagine it :D I'm so glad you're well, I think we've been quite lucky, I know a lot of people don't have it as well as us. The lady next door to me was really ill, I felt so sorry for her. I think a lot to do with it is the anaesthetic, and how you react to that. Got to admit, never having had one I was a wee bit worried about that, but luckily I was neither up nor down. I think I was in room 23. Very quiet, right at the end. Previous to that I was in 20, the day before, Pre-Op, it was on another floor, looking out over the pond.Well, rest up and let us know how you go... Day 1 done & dusted!

So this morning I managed to feed the dogs, have a quick shower- taking care not to soak my little bandage strips, change into clean jimjams, and get back into bed to write my quarterly piece for the local mag. (Its a food related piece so I have been putting it off lol). It's done now and Im feeling virtuous.
The locals will know how to make a good Yorkshire pudding without resorting to buying Aunt Bessies this summer. Me, well I will just be sniffing them. (The yorkies, not the locals).
I have taken my acidophulis, my multi vits, my peppermint antacid, and 100ml Innocent Smoothie, and a cup of tea.. and its only 10.30am!
I'm not pain free, but it's certainly manageable. Getting up from the bed requires care and patience, but once Im up, its ok. Coughing hurts. So does a sneeze. Gently, slowly and carefully are the order of the day. But it's only day two for my new not so big-inning!

whop whop girlie doing well lol oh yes the coughing and sneezing not such a good idea LOL sound to me your doing fab hunni keep it up x x x

End of day 3.. not much to report really. Im striving for 1000-1100 calories a day with 60g protein. Ainslet Harriot cuppa-soups ROCK. I put 20g marvel (tescos own brand) into them for added protein. One small fruit smoothie and a couple of yoghurts, and a thicker soup blended up and extra Marvel again. I also make a slim fast with water and marvel. The odd cup of tea, and thats me gurgling away for the day. Nowhere near as much pain. Still a little tired.Walking round the garden every hour or so, then back to bed! Im gonna get up tomorrow though. Im bored s***less :D

Last edited:
Enjoying your posts JL with avid interest. I'm a firm believer in positive mental attitude for recovery. Was up and about after a hysterectomy in 2 days even tried to walk the epidural off! !! So I'm hoping that by embracing the op and all it entails will give me a speedy recovery too. Sounds like you are doing great.

I think listening to your body is important NB.
Today I got up at 7am, dressed and gently started pottering. I picked up a friend- first time Ive driven and all was well. He and my hubby are doing some shed building i the garden , so I left them to it and got on with paperwork. I just couldnt settle or concentrate at all, and I got uncomfortable in my chest and tummy- wind again Im afraid.
I hadnt had anything other than slowly sipped a 150ml yoghurt smoothie, so maybe it was just sitting at a desk squishing me up inside.
I also got quite chilly and tired, so I went back to be at 2pm and slept the deepest sleep until 6pm. Sleep aids recovery more than anything else, so Im sure I needed it!
Im feeling fine now, but my teeth are needing cleaning all the time. I feel like a whale needing the plankton removed by a fish.. gross lol

Good old ketosis, it's horrible isn't it?

Keep resting and sleeping, couple more days and you'll be right as rain! xx

I can identify with all you're saying JL, Teeth needing cleaned... Breath, the Pits! Turning away when speaking to people!
Sleep, Sleep, Sleep, the best remedy in the world, in my humble opinion anyway. x
Speedy Recovery Mrs, few more days and you'll be a new
woman. Honest! : )

Definitely improving every day.
My concentration level went up a notch at the same time that my 'slits' became less sore.

Starting to be aware that every commercial on tv contains food if it's not for a car or makeup.
No wonder we have such a problem with obesity in this country- we are, quite literally force fed food ideas constantly!

If you are a member of Costco then they have the most tasty Gazpacho.. maybe you can get it elsewhere- it's by "Premium". it's really yummy.
Cant help but think it'd make a wicked Bloody Mary (back in the day lol)
If you're not a Costco member, Covent Garden Soups now do a "skinny" range. I just had a tomato and lentil one, made up to double with Marvel, for extra protein, blended, then split into three meals. That was pretty tasty too.

Antacids have become my best friend. I am now officially a danger to to the ozone layer and you can expect a small hole to be announced somewhere over Solihull any day now. So if you visit the NEC, Birmingham this summer, bring SPF100 factor sun tan lotion and a hat.

Lol JL so it's blowing a storm up there is it??!! I am starting to stock up on windeze but 4.50 a box down here in SE London. From comments looks like I should take out shares in the company if I will have to eat them like sweets! ! Any other makes that work pls recommend. X

HaHaHa its very amusing reading your post, I am glad things are going well, you all seem in really good spirits, great to read....I especially like the freaking out the husband bit....honestly on the whole they really dont have a clue, well my doesnt !
Good luck with the rest of your journeys
kate x

Ahh well I have had a good run. Today was my first real wobble. Tried to get some prep work done, and ended up cold, wind pain in my chest all day -grrrr, miserable, so so so tired and chuffin hungrier than a rabid dog.

Hubby eating his pasta /bolognaise dinner and a glass of Rioja made me want to punch him lol

I had my lovely soup.. again, and curled up under my electric blanket and I guess I feel better now.
Sulking a bit at my lot.. lol

Sorry to hear that JL but you have done amazing so far and tomorrow is another day. I've just had to get out of bed and go downstairs to make a protein isolate shake as so hungry I can't sleep again! ! Dietician said I could up the protein to fight the hunger if it meant staying on course. Arghh got to be up at 6 am p'd to say the least. My OH offered me some m&ms then when I gave him the look offered to make me a hot chocolate instead idiot. Perhaps your OH needs to eat separately from you for a while at least until you are on something a bit more solid x

JuicyLucy I have just been catching up on your journey!! Sounds like your are doing amazing!! Hope I can say the same in just over a week!! Glad I have come in here as I wasn't aware of the wind!! It's bad enough now!! I have a 2 hour midwifery exam a week after surgery and now have visions of how being so windy will be!!

Please keep your updates coming as they have me in tears of laughter!!

Xx

Back