• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band slippage!!

chummy

Has anyone suffered from this? I have a bad feeling about the pain/sensation I'm feeling and I'm sure this could be the reason.

I haven't and I'm sorry you're really going through the mill right now Chummy.

You may want to post this over in the bander section tho as I know people often miss the "news" section :) but if you really think this is what has happened I would seriously put pressure on your provider to investigate as much as they can and as quickly as they can.

:(

Thanks got that, I'll move it there.

Seeing them in two weeks, on meds for now but can't see any improvement yet.

Thanks got that, I'll move it there.

Seeing them in two weeks, on meds for now but can't see any improvement yet.

Oh Chummy :( that's real naff. Are the meds you're on to help with the pain? or to try to help or sort out other things?

If I can find the literature my own provider gave there are some mentions of slippage in there and symptoms etc, I will see if I can find it and post up what it says when Im home :)

Oh Chummy, really hope that's not it:(
Omeprazole takes time to act, how long have you been taking it?

im gona be honest hun I doubt you have a slip , when you get chronic reflux heartburn it makes the band tighten up the more tight it gets the more the reflux and heartburn hurt it takes a fair while to settle but the tabs should help, I cant see how you would have slipped so soon unless your band was not put in properly , I may be interelly wrong but I think you need to give things time

Thanks all.

Omeprazole was 20mg now 40mg with anti sickness and ultra Gaviscon.

No reflux that I know of. Just lump in throat and feeling of band in upper chest. But like you say maybe more time needed.

Let's hope.

Thanks all.

Omeprazole was 20mg now 40mg with anti sickness and ultra Gaviscon.

No reflux that I know of. Just lump in throat and feeling of band in upper chest. But like you say maybe more time needed.

Let's hope.

what you may think is the band may be the heartburn I get it between my boobs and just above when its bad and sometimes feels like it going thru to my back . make sure you get an xray to check for slippage tho im not an expert ,just what you describe iv been like befor and it doesn't feel same as my slippage does

Oh Chummy, really hope that's not it:(
Omeprazole takes time to act, how long have you been taking it?

Been taking it since Monday when I went for my first fill, only for it to be refused for good reason.

Have to wait until a week Tuesday before seeing if it will go ahead then.

Oh Chummy :( that's real naff. Are the meds you're on to help with the pain? or to try to help or sort out other things?

If I can find the literature my own provider gave there are some mentions of slippage in there and symptoms etc, I will see if I can find it and post up what it says when Im home :)

Thanks hon. We're with they same provider.

I hope ever think goes well for you am due to get my band done on 17 nov what would happen if the band had slipped would you need to have it removed ?

I hope ever think goes well for you am due to get my band done on 17 nov what would happen if the band had slipped would you need to have it removed ?

I have really no idea. I think they start with an x-ray with a barium swallow. Then reposition or remove. I won't be very happy if they can't do this via my belly button as I initially had a single incision.

It's a waiting game at the min to see if meds kick in. I'm spending the day in bed asleep as its the only way to get over the lump/pressure in the back of my throat.

Good luck in your journey wishing all the best. Xxxx

Aww am sorry to hear hope you feel better and get the new you are wanting

That's the funny thing, I've lost 22lbs in the last 7wks. But some of that is down to not wanting to eat. If only I'd thought of that before surgery.

I really hope u get some good news and they can sort it out and I hope it not slipped let me know what they say when you go to see them am getting so nervous with mine coming up soon

All the best chummy, I really hope it hasn't slipped. It sounds like it's just inflamed though, so I hope it all calms down and will be OK xx

Off to Birmingham on Tuesday so they can remove any saline that might be in the band from being primed. Personally I think it's crap but got to start somewhere.

Back