• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders Daily Diet and Exercise Log

Sas and afandou.. Slider foods may leave you feeling hungrier. Are you both on normal solid foods? If you are, you may find more textured food keeps you fuller for longer/less tempted to snack x
Hi Michelle, i had a fill about two and a half weeks ago and finding it hard to eat protein and thicker foods. Mornings are the worst and also it varies from day to day. Had roasted veg and cous cous with feta one day and then could't get it down the next day. Know things will ease off and has started already. On the plus side I love love soup. Thanks for all your help, take care. Hx

Hi Michelle, i had a fill about two and a half weeks ago and finding it hard to eat protein and thicker foods. Mornings are the worst and also it varies from day to day. Had roasted veg and cous cous with feta one day and then could't get it down the next day. Know things will ease off and has started already. On the plus side I love love soup. Thanks for all your help, take care. Hx

Hi, its very common to struggle in the mornings so don't worry about that. If I have an early start or will be out and about I have a ready made slim fast or protein shake for breakfast (just a bit later than normal). Also - and this is something I can really relate too, it can seem easier to stick to things that go down easily, such as soup. I was very anxious about moving from liquid to mushy then to normal foods - when I was first banded and after each fill.

When you have good restriction its even more important to go slow and chew even more. Keep trying the more textured food, just go slow ;) xx

Yep, baby steps and you will get there. Even now I still have days I could eat a horse and days when I struggle. Yesterday I left it TOO long between meals and then struggled ... Just keep trying and you will get there x

Anyone tried the my protein bars? Wondered whether to get some. :)

Breakfast - small latte caffe, yoghurt and small banana
Snack - maximuscle protein bar
Lunch - half large wholemeal tortilla wrap with 60g of ham and lettuce
Snack - options drink
Dinner - well grilled and scrumptious - 3 slices low fat black pudding, 2 extra lean chipolata sausages, 4 cherry tomatoes, brown sauce, alpro caramel desert

May finish off with another latte as I have dropped the weight I put on last week, so don't want to be too low in calories today. Currently 1291 calories and 73g of protein. Ideal to maintain is 1500-1600 a day.

Friday:

B - NAS Muesli + splash of skimmed milk
S - Atkins protein bar
L - 6 slices Melba toast + 2 low fat cheese triangles + 30g mackerel pate + iceberg lettuce, cucumber, radishes with splash of balsamic vinegar
S - Carrot sticks
D - Grilled lamb's liver with onions caramelised in butter cooking spray lol + fat free natural yogurt

2 cups of coffee, pint of NAS squash, cup of tea

1-hour walk

Total 1023 calories eaten, 319 calories burned

Saturday:

B - Toasted WW wholemeal pitta + 4 slices wafer thin turkey ham + 15g BGTY grated mature cheese + 10g Flora extra light
S - Cadbury hot choc from vending machine - Test drink after fill - they only had tea or hot choc and I didn't fancy tea ;)
L - Cafe Nero large soya latte (had my fill mid day so on liquids for 24h)
S - Feed Good kids' orange, pineapple & banana drink
D - New York Soup Co Skinny chunky chicken minestrone (1/2 container) and it wasn't enough but didn't really like it so I liquidised 2 small lamb meatballs from husband's dinner in a bit of gravy but felt bloated after a couple of sips so paused for a bit... only to come back and find the cat licking it, lol. So obviously I didn't finish it :p

Had another pint of NAS squash.

3 hours of walking around - was absolutely knackered at the end of the day.

Total 795 calories eaten, 639 calories burned according to MFP although it does sound a bit too much!

I have baked a cake for my nephew's birthday this morning and I'm about to go and ice it with chocolate ganache... I'll resist the urge to lick a bit of the icing. I'll write it here so I can be ashamed of myself if I do lick the icing in the end... Plus, not looking forward to the party food bites either :(

xxx

Did you lick the icing? Bet you never!!! I would have ate the whole thing cake and all :) hope had great time Tobi

B: gluten free bran flakes, pouring yogurt and sliced banana
L: cottage cheese (large tub) and 3 slices of wafer thin turkey ham
D: jacket potato and beef stew
Snack: Del monte pineapple juice lolly ice (mmm)
2 wotsits ( had to nearly sit on my son to pin him down and pinch 2 crisps)!
Exercise: housework, ironing and 10 min walk to shop.
Total cals; 1109

Of course I did... And had party bites... And a very thin slice of the cake... Ashamed of myself really regretting it now but to my defense there was nothing else I could have and I was sooo hungry :( xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Of course I did... And had party bites... And a very thin slice of the cake... Ashamed of myself really regretting it now but to my defense there was nothing else I could have and I was sooo hungry :( xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good for you, I think sometimes on special occasions its fine to have a few treats - we are still alive for goodness sake and allowed to enjoy ourselves :) x

Thanks ladies... What's done is done, I'll be good tomorrow onwards. Gone are the days when I have a blip and quit the diet altogether!

Let's analyse the damage, shall we ;)

B - Big mug of coffee made with 150ml skimmed milk + topped with water
L - Home-made lentil soup + Chicken cup-a-soup (lentil soup was too small a portion, wasn't enough)
D - Hummus (1tsp or so) + 1 Chicken goujon + small slice (1/8th) of cheese & onion quiche + roast chicken breast slice + small pieces of Wensleydale with cranberry, double Gloucestershire with chives and Brie
S - Very thin slice of birthday cake + as if that wasn't enough, also 2 mini eclairs

Drinks: Pint of NAS squash + 3 cups of tea with a drop of skimmed milk + sachet of Lemsip (thank you dear husband for our marital bliss where you share everything with me, including your man flu!)

Exercise: None...

TOTAL 1044 calories (not as bad as I thought but fat and carbs VERY high - i.e. red in MFP lol)

Oh well... xxx

Monday... the day when my restriction kicked in :p

B - Ready Brek + skimmed milk
S -
Atkins bar, peanut & caramel
L - 2 slices of Ryvita crackerbread + 1 laughing cow cheese triangle, low fat + 4 slices of wafer thin turkey ham & salad made with crunchy stuff (cucumber, small radishes, iceberg lettuce and a bit of chives) + a couple of sprays of 1-cal a spray ceasar dressing + splash of balsamic vinegar
S -
Grilled lamb liver (this was from a couple of days ago sitting in the fridge so something easy when I got home hungry from work - I had about 4-5 mouthfuls)
D -
2 fish fingers (grilled) with a teaspoon of reduced fat seafood sauce + 1 artichoke cooked with lemon juice and filled with petit pois and diced onions + 1 tbsp M&S chargrilled veg pealla (nicked from husband's plate out of pure greed and definitely not hunger)

Cool throat remedy / dessert: Home made ice cream with my Vitamix!
2 small frozen bananas + 1/2 pack (200g) of fresh melon and grape (frozen) + 1/2 Alpro Soya single cream (125ml) + 1 tbsp runny honey makes 4 servings and 1 serving is 105 calories according to MFP. Better than Ben and Jerry's when the craving comes :)

Drinks: Didn't drink enough today but wasn't thirsty... Only 1 cup of tea, 1 cup of WW hot choc and 1 cup of Lemsip...

Exercise:
25-min walk

Total 919 calories eaten, 131 burned

I Keep forgetting LOL

So Monday
Morning
Tea, Coffee
Muller Greek Style Morello Cherry

Lunch (3pm)
Salad bowl and 4 slices asda cooked ham
options white hot chocolate

Dinner
Asda cooked ham and a chicken breast
salad bowl with 2 ryvita with quark and sweet chilli sauce

Drinks
2 litres NAS squash
mint hot choc

Calories 897, (carbs 80. protein 94)
Exercise Dog walks and gym visit - use 357 cals

Tuesday

Morning
Tea, coffee, muller greek style morello cherry yoghurt

Lunch @ 3pm
Salad bowl and 4 slices of asda cooked ham and 50g chicken breast

Dinner @ 6pm
Chicken (about 150g), pineapple and garlic stirfry with waterchestnuts and bamboo shoots (nom nom nom lol)

Drinks
2 litres NAS squash
will have options hot chocolate mid evening

Calories 810 (carbs 68g protein 90g)
Exercise walking (knee hurt so avoided gym) :( use 247 cals.

Last edited:
Topkat how did you gain 247 calories :confused: all that typing into the thread must have lost you some cals LOL xxx

Topkat how did you gain 247 calories :confused: all that typing into the thread must have lost you some cals LOL xxx

I was copying it over from MFP which of course says that you gain that amount of cals per day due to exercise LOL

I've corrected it now tho . . LOL

I love reading what other people eat. Gives me ideas :) I used to eat lots if stir fries at the beginning but haven't had one in ages ... I think I know what's on my menu for the next few days now. Food seems to last so long now compared to how long it sat in the fridge previously, especially when I am only cooking for me...hence lots of repetition in my food diary :rolleyes: come back hubby soon :bananalove:

Morning all! I also love reading other people's menus :p

Libby - I have 4ml in a 10ml band :)

B - 20g All Bran (yuck!) with Irish diet strawberry yogurt
S - Atkins protein bar with peanut
L - M&S king prawns with cocktail dipping sauce (left most of the sauce)
S - New York Soup Co. Skinny chicken minestrone (1/2 tub with the chicken bits spat out as too chewy) and 1 light cheese triangle
D - Half pack of M&S chicken dinner (chicken breast strips in onion gravy + carrots + peas + potato mash). Tastes great and the whole pack is 320 calories so it was a good ready meal :)
S -
Shape Delights

Drinks: 2 cups of tea, pint of NAS squash, 1 cup of coffee, 1 cup of blueberry green tea

Exercise: 1 hour walk

Total 1000 calories eaten + 315 calories burned xxx

Maintaining ... Almost ... Daily log

I have 10.25 in a 14 mil band. Just to give you an idea of my diet today, to try and maintain (although I think at this level I will probably still lose weight ... Needs to be c 1600 for me to maintain, but I don't think I can physically eat any more today ... My lunch bag is busting at the seams)

B - porridge made with 30g oats, 200 mils soya milk, 15g golden syrup
S - maximuscle chocolate protein bar
L - 1/2 large whole meal tortilla wrap, 40g ham, 35g mozarella, basil, and small salad bowl, small apple
S - protein shake - 1 scoop with 200 mils soya milk
D - stir fry with 120g cooked chicken, 50g mange tout, 50g shredded cabbage, small full fat yoghurt
S - (if I need them ... 35g wasabi nuts, 2 crisp breads and marmite)

If I eat everything there that will be just under 1500 cals, with 123g of protein and 127g of carbs (I usually have more carbs if I am honest though). So all you banders out there ... Come on, post what you are eating today, to give others an idea of what's working for you :D

Ok, not having wasabi nuts, so down to 1377 cals and 118g of protein.

Back