• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders Daily Diet and Exercise Log

Here is what I ate today.

Morning
1 tea, 1 Coffee, 1 muller low fat greek yoghurt with morello cherry.

Lunch (about 230pm)
options white hot chocolate
1 x ryvita with some sweet chilli sauce and 3 slices cooked ham

Dinner
Asda good for you chicken korma curry meal with rice and pots

Snacks
10 sugar free polos
Options orange hot chocolate
50g chicken breast
1 litre Apple and Pear squash

Total 883 cals (carbs 115 protein 70g ~ higher carbs than normal but that was cos I had a prepacked meal as I couldn't stand in kitchen for long to cook!)

exercise ~ dog walk 25 mins and housework 25 mins (injured knee so can't do any more) ~ used 258 cals.

I have 6 mls in a 14ml band, 14 weeks post op tomorrow. And find that my optimum level for weight loss is around 1100cals but not feeling hungry at all today.

I have 6 mls in a 14ml band, 14 weeks post op today.
Not feeling hungry at the mo!

Morning
1 tea, 1 coffee
Muller light banana custard yoghurt

Lunch
4 slices asda cooked ham
50g sliced chicken breast with 10ml sweet chilli sauce
1 mug options white hot choc.

Dinner
Roast chicken breast, sage and onion stuffing, carrots, broccolli and cauliflower, mashed swede.

Drink
3 litres NAS squash

Total Cals 699
Carbs 60g
Protein 86g

Will more than likely have another hot chocolate in a while but not hungry for anything else.

Exercise - still no gym due to injured knee.
But dog walk 25 mins and also been doing a sort out of my bedroom and wardrobes, sorting the clothes into sizes for when i start getting into them . . .did that housework for 2 hours, but calculated it at 100 mins used cals 637

Chaotic day today and had to take DS to physio at footie training so couldn't be bothered to cook much. Hence a very carb heavy day :(

Morning
1 coffee, 1 options hot chocolate
1 muller light cherry yoghurt

Lunch
John West light lunch tuna
3 ryvita with quark and sweet chilli

Dinner
1 x tin heinz scotch broth
1 x small slice bread

Drinks
1 litre squash
may have another hot chocolate later.

Cals 794 carbs 114g *ouch* protein 44g
Exercise ~ 25 min dog walk 170 cals.
(still no gym due to pulled muscle :( )

I've been rubbish at keeping this diary recently. Been feeling pretty rubbish with this stinking cold and work is just mad busy nowadays so I couldn't take any time off to rest.

After a couple of days of restriction after my fill, i am able to eat more again, booo.

I've had lots of carbs and haven't been great recently but to be honest I couldn't have done better, having a rough week. The calories total up around 1000 a day which is fine but I know I can do better than this.

I should stop snacking so much but I think of food a lot nowadays and plan what to eat next... Especially after dinner I get a little pain on my middle back, just like the wind pain after the op... eeeek!

Wednesday

B - Porridge made with 30g wholegrain rolled oats, 250ml skimmed milk, splenda and a drop of vanilla extract
S - Satsuma
L - Half a package of M&S Lochmuir hot smoked salmon salad with potato & watercress with a lemon vinagerette + half a pack of mini cheesy triangles
S - Small banana
D - 4 small home made turkey and bacon meatballs with 4 small new potatoes and half a carrot roasted with a bit of Flora cuisine
S - Light choices choc mousse

Drinks: Pint of squash, cup of tea, 2 cups of coffee
Total calories: 910 eaten and 236 burned

Thursday

B - WW wholemeal pitta bread topped with 1-egg omelet with cottage cheese and turkey ham
L - Other half of salmon salad from the day before
S - 2 crackerbreads topped with 1 light blue cheese triangle and cucumber slices
D - Beef mince and courgettes in tomato sauce with a bit of wholemeal pasta, cooked al dente
S - Shape delights

Drinks: WW hot choc, coffee, pint of squash
Total calories: 992

Friday

B - 45g NAS muesli with diet Irish forest fruits yogurt
S - Atkins coconut bar
L - 4 melba toast topped with lean corned beef and pickle
S - Carrot sticks + 1/2 pack M&S guilt free snacking focaccia breadstick nibble things (guilt free my a** lol)
D - Other half of M&S chicken dinner from Tuesday night (very tender chicken in gravy, mash, peas and carrot) + 4 breaded chicken chunks

Drinks: Tea x2, coffee x2, WW hot choc, glass of squash
Total calories: 1073 eaten, 126 burned

Hope everyone's doing well. It's really quiet in this thread again :(

xxx

I don't know if this band related but do you guys ever get a pain (I get a sore neck and shoulder) when I eat too much or when I'm really starving and need to it?! I think I read somewhere the band gives weird signs like this.. Thoughts??

Could be trapped wind ? :eek:

I don't know if this band related but do you guys ever get a pain (I get a sore neck and shoulder) when I eat too much or when I'm really starving and need to it?! I think I read somewhere the band gives weird signs like this.. Thoughts??

Hi Libby - I'm exactly the same. If I'm hungry and haven't eaten for 4-5 hours and after eating more than I should have (when i ignore the signs of being full and think 'just another mouthful'... baaad bad thing to do) i have pain on my middle back and left shoulder, just like post op wind pain. And it is wind pain! I had an enormous burp after a very uncomfortable hour after dinner last night (lol sorry TMI) and I felt better immediately haha.

Lessons learned for me: 1. Don't go hungry for too long and 2. don't overeat!

xxx

Today

Morning
Coffee
Went shopping at Morrisons and my son tucked into a cooked breakfast and I had yoghurt and fruit salad :D
so ~ muller light strawberry
~ fruit salad pot.

Lunch
2 x Ryvita
4 x slices asda cooked ham
quark and some sweet chilli sauce

Afternoon
Options white hot choc

Dinner
150g chicken breast cooked with a mushroom stir fry

Drinks
2 litres apple and pear NAS squash

Will probably have another hot chocolate later, but will also probably have another litre of squash.

Calories (without extra hot choc or squash) = 800
Carbs 72g protein 75g

Exercise (still no gym due to knee) dog walk, walking around shopping etc, but also some quick housework (sorting out to get the coal fire lit :D) used calories 401

Better day for me . . .weekends are normally REALLY hard in terms of feeling hungry due to not being at work so having more time to eat. But the lack of hunger during this week has extended to the weekend. Finding it hard to resist the temptations of yummy Xmas goodies being in the house . . .not succumbed yet, but the After 8's keep calling ;)

Evening all :) i gave in to my craving and had chinese takeaway today eeek! Good thing is, i could barely have a quarter of it, more for my husband to have tomorrow :p

B - extra lean BGTY sausage + 1 egg omelet made with onion, pepper and mushrooms + tsp bbq sauce
S - 2 ww oat & wheat crackers + half eat natural bar
L - lentil soup
S - half slice toasted gluten free bread with tiny bit of peanut butter
D - chinese takeaway, 1/4 portion chicken + mushrooms + tsp special fried rice nicked from husband
S - shape delights
Drinks: lots of squash, tea, coffee
Exercise: 1h walk

Total 977 calories eaten, 315 burned xxx

hi everyone,

can any of you provide some suggestions on good ways to add the protien to my diet ?

ive never really done the whole counting protiens and carbs thing and not sure what to do to get best results.

Chunkymunky the easiest way to do this is to get a small pair of kitchen scales to weigh your food, and register for an app like myfitnesspal.com which you can then use via a smartphone or PC (other banders may come up with suggestions of alternative apps they use) ... If you put in the quantity or weight of food you consume (and any exercise) into the app, it will work out the nutritional content (and energy used) for you. Not all wls providers advocate counting calories but thats what worked for me, as I worked out then my optimum net calories (calories consumed minus any exercise) was around 1100 average a day over a week. Some days a little less, others more...avoids the feeling of failure, then binging! Myfitnesspal will work out for you how many calories you need to consume based on your height and weight so even if I ate a bit more than my 1100 a day I knew I was still going to lose weight, just a bit more slowly :) many banders try to limit their carbs, but I personally don't and its not hindered my weight lose. My overriding objective was to do as my provider suggested ... 1/3 plate protein, followed by 1/3 plate veggies then carbs if I still felt hungry...with my aim to consume 60g+of protein (according to myfitnesspal) each day. The more protein I ate, the better the weight loss and the more satisfied/full I felt for longer :D

Good protein sources ... Meat, fish, eggs, cheese, milk, yoghurt, tofu, Quorn, nuts/pulses, protein drinks/bars.

Toni, the great thing is the band limited how much of the Chinese you could eat and it didn't break the calorie bank :) life is about balance isn't it ... So long as the less healthy stuff isnt every day, don't do the guilt thing, just plan it into your overall week and enjoy ... :D

Hi all, I had no cravings today for the first time in ages and realised it is 20 weeks till I move to London so my goal is 18kg in that time. So far the band hasnt been that good for me, but restriction has started to kick in, I have 8.5mls in a 10ml band. I find that im not hungry until about 2pm and if I attempt solid food before this, I get major indigestion despite chewing heaps, but the same food that gets stuck in the morning goes down fine at night? So most of my calories come at about 4pm-8pm. Anyway todays food was this:
B - smoothie (1/2 banana, berries, protein powder made with water)
S- small tin of tuna & small nectarine
L - smoothie
S - sliced cabbage salad (leftovers)
D - smoothie and 4 dates (naughty)
I also did bodybalance at the gym which people reckon you can burn 250-400 calories so i'll say 250.
Total eaten = 943 calories
Total burned = 250
Net = 693
I'm still a bit funny about eating properly as you can probably tell with all the smoothies because of the new restriction im trying to get the hang of!
xx

Sunday.

Odd day today LOL 14 weeks post op, 6mls in 14ml band.

Morning.
1 litre squash

Lunch
2 egg omelette with chicken breast and 4 slices ham. Sunday treat of a slice of toast :)

Afternoon
1 mug options hot chocolate
2 slices ham

Dinner
Honey roasted fillet of salmon, mediterranean roasted vegetables and 2 x mccain home roast potatoes.

Other drinks
2 litres NAS squash.1 tea

Slightly higher calories today, but having been out at football afternoon was feeling really hungry. May even have another hot choccie later :D

Calories 1100 protein = a whopping 123g carbs 44g

Exercise dog walk and walking at footie (knee still injured but hoping to return to gym tomorrow) used 247 cals

Not so bad today:

B: pouring yogurt and 2 scoops of protein powder
L: skimmed milk and 2 scoops protein powder
D: chicken breast, small jacket potato with laughing cow light triangle, cauliflower.
Cup of tea and 1 litre of NAS orange.

1 hour of zumba :)

Have to start using my protein powders to make shakes as got 3 3kg bags of the stuff!!!

Total cals: 1115
Exercise burned; 625 :)

Here we are . . .monday

Morning
1 tea
1 coffee
1 muller light coconut yoghurt with dark choc sprinkles

Lunch
4 slices asda cooked ham

Dinner
Mini chicken fillets, mashed swede, brocolli, couple tablespoons gravy and mint sauce.

Drinks
2 litres NAS squash
1 hot chocolate.

Calories 720 - carbs 36g protein 109g
Exercise - dog walk, gym visit use 355 cals.

not feeling at all hungry today! despite going back to the gym (knee killing tho so need to take a bit longer off) and didn't want anything to eat when I got home. just had dinner . .

Good again today, I'm on a mission, now I'm single again lol!

B: whey protein shake with skim milk and PB2 powdered peanut butter
L: double choc protein shake with water
D: beef stew with cauliflower.

Cup of tea, water, NAS orange juice

Total: 875 cals

15 mins walking as too busy in work :(

B - Porridge
S - Small banana
L - Tuna light lunch pot
D - Chicken and a wholemeal pitta

Low cal squash, tea and coffee!

6.5 mls in a 14 ml band! :)

B: skim milk 2 large scoops of whey protein

L: diet pro max protein bar (ate all no problemo)!

D: battered cod, tiny jkt potato with laughing cow light, mushy peas and Calin vanilla yogurt.

Drink: water, NAS juice

Exercise: 1 hour zumba (less booty to shake now) :)

Cals 973

Still a week til my first band fill :(

Morning

1 coffee
1 muller light strawberry yoghurt

Lunch (late afternoon)
2 ryvita, 4 slices ham, sweet chilli sauce

Mid Afternoon
Options mint hot chocolate

Dinner,
Salad bowl, with reduced fat greek fet cheese and chicken

Will have another hot chocolate later

Calories 876
Carbs 56g
Protein 83g

Exercise.
~ I've got a ruptured cyst behind my knee (hence the pain) and today its unbearable - hence the visit to the docs. No exercise, no gym, limited walking, avoid stairs!need to book physio. However had to walk to the docs from work and 2 dog walks today so 80 mins of walking using 407 cals.

Now with the meds I have to help with the knee, pain and inflammation the pharmacist said "constipation will be the hard bit now" Oh cheers for that . . .going from pain in the knee to a pain in the a$$ lol

Back