• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders Daily Diet and Exercise Log

Yesterday

Breakfast: ready made chocolate slimfast

Lunch: jacket pot with mushroom and courgette stroganoff -ate inside of pot and most of stroganoff

Tea: 3 fish fingers, peas, carrots and left my couple of oven chips (dog enjoyed them though)

Snack: kids innocent smoothie

Naughties: wine before the Green Day concert - very nice though!

Today going out so will try to eat something like the lunch i post.

B. 2 tps mixed seeds, 2tbs fruit 2 tbs total yoghurt sprinkle of cinnamon.

L. ham/feta cheese salad or non cream soup and 1/2 apple(whats on menu?)

D. veg soup small bowl. beans and 2 ryvitas maybe other half of apple.

Finding the diary helps me focus once wrote down i dont have to have the "what shall i eat dilema" which being a complusive eater can be mentally draining.
mia

B.1/2 multi grain bagel with fruit spread.30z yoghurt no fat.
L. thai buffet will stick to protein ,no rice and salads
D.2 egg omelete,mixed red and yelow pepers salad, some frozen fruit 1 small ramkin size dish.

very wet and windy in Manchester so wont be doing my normal long walk,but will be walking around with grand kids to so will get some steps chalked up . Mia

why has it gone quiet!? two weeks and no posts!!!

well i only had my band 11 days ago but todays menu was...

B: fromage frais
L: half tin of soup
Snack: smoothie drink
D: fromage frais...

then later ill have the other half of the tin of soup :)

B: 2 scrambles eggs
L: Maccaroni Cheese
D: Mashed potato with butter sauce (from cod in butter sauce but dint eat the cod!)

Snacks: 2 babybel,glass of orange juice...

am going to write what im eating and the calories.

yogurt and jelly = 125 cals
dairylee dunkers = 100cals
babybel, vegetarian salami and 1 roast potato = 250
smoked salmon and tomato and a few bits of salad = 50 cals

2tps mixed seeds, 2tbs mixed fruit, 2 walnuts 4 almonds 2 brazil nuts 2 tbs low fat greek yoghurt ,sprinkle cinnamon

2oz smoked salmon rocket and sprinkle parsam cheese.

1 go healthy yoghurt and nut bar.
1 satsuma

2 lts water, tea and coffee
This was yesterdays food plan.

Mia

omw.. where has everyone gone?? no postings in a month?

well.. here's mine for the last few days.. now am aware some people will slap hands for this but have only been able to eat when my tum says its empty - and rumbles like a thundercloud... cannot under no circustances eat to the clock..

Breakfast - 30g of jordans chucnky nut cereal, a tesco value yoghurt - I eat the nuts out and any chunky bits then mix in the yoghurt.. normally eat about hour n half after waking up (usually btwn 9 n 10.30am)

lunch - whats that? After breakfast - cant eat anything so soon - as in within 3 - 4 hrs

Dinner/evening meal - today I had 7 oven chips, 2 tablespoons of beans and the inside of a steak and kidney pie
yesterday I had 70g (cooked) pasta with 2 spoons of home made chilli on top

I dont snack and if I do feel the urge - I have a raspberry/ strawberry/orange hartleys No sugar jelly pot or a bag of yoghurt coated fruit flakes (37p a bag in Tesco)

drinks - have had 4 coffee's with skimmed milk and 1 sweetener in each cuppa, dont drink juice or squash and rarely drink water..

>> runs now cos I know my fluid intake is nowhere near what it should be for a bander..

my diet varies very little.. evening meals are usually pasta - spag bol/ lasagne portion - normally @ 60g piece or fusilli twists
rice dish - normally chilli or home made curry - again, usually chicken or well cooked beef cut into strips rather than diced
meat - usually chicken (oven cooked, no skin and normally a breast portion - or pork steak) and veg - usually carrot/swede mash, cabbage, peas, cauli
or..
home made stir fry with - you guessed it - chicken and a veg stir fry pack from Tesco
or..
have a home made casserole/stew with black pudding & mince thrown into it.. cant remember what a take-away is like..

any opinions? all advice welcomed..

Oh dear this section of the forum seems to have been abandoned, come on boys and girls lets get posting again any way here goes for me .....

YESTERDAY (sunday)

B. coffee x2 an hour later 1 slice of toast with melted cheese (very full from this)

L. a bowl of spag bol with a light sprinkling of grated cheese, 2 small slices of garlic baggettue. (NO PASTA)

T. 1 tin of baxters pea & ham soup.

snacks, salted pea nuts they have become a rather bad habbit since i stopped smoking which i need to stop as snacking isnt good for me.

Been away in Goa for 4 weeks so here we are back in the u.k. sure there will be a lot less fish than last 4wks.
I drink 3 lts water /4 daily plus tea and coffee some time, before the meals.

B.2 egg masala omelette.(spray oil,red onion,chilli peppers and tomato)

11am 1 tangerine

L. Small baked potato, 3 0z tuna,onion, rocket lettuce and sprinkle parmasan chesse.

D. carrot and lentil chicken broth. 1/2 tortilla wrap( could,nt eat it though) find bread products hard to digest since last fill.

Natural yoghurt 3ozs 2 brazil nuts 4 almond and 2 walnuts chopped sprinkle of cinnamon.

Good to see this thread is up and running again...

Breakfast- Quaker porridge oats microwave pack
Lunch- Bolognese (beef) No pasta, with grated cheese
Dinner- Salad, vinegrette, coldslaw, piece of stilton
Snack- Tangerine, yellow pepper and babybel

Drinking lots of water, sugarfree Ribena (love it!) and 2 Coffees, with sweetner.

Really trying to change my eating habits to include protein.

Noticed recently when i was around a lot of older people i work with how the ones had no energy and got lots of colds seem to eat carbs, little fruit and veg, and not enough to drink.
The fitter ones tend to eat the healthest types of foods and have a zest for life so ...lets hope i can follow their example.

Tues menu.
B. 2 egg mushroom omelette with soy sauce

L. 4oz Total yoghurt, 1 banana, 2 tabs mixed frozen berries, 4 walnuts, 2 brazil, 4 almonds.

4pm snack. 1 pk t nairn chesse oat biscuits (yummy)

Dinner 8pm
Chick pea, spinach,carrots spices and 1/2 dumpling scone.

Wednesday.

B. snack pack aldi linseed bread with 1/2 banana tsp smooth peanut butter.

L. 3oz Prawn mixed winter salad.

D. Small bowl butter nut soup.
2oz diced Chicken, 1 tbs rice, mixed veg on a small side plate.

weds.
b. 2tbs total yoghurt, 2 brazil nuts 4 walnuts 4 almonds
2tbs mixed aldi frozen berries,sprinkle cinnamon.
L.baked potao 4ozs cottage chesse chives and rocket saladl.

snack, 1/2 pt skimmed milk,ice 2 tbs blueberries made into a smoothie.

D. 3tbs brown rice, 6tbs lentil dal.

Thurs.

B. 2 poached eggs. 1 crumpet toasted.

L. Pea and Ham soup 8ozs.
1 tangerine.

D. 4 oz salmon cauliflower and brocoli in low fat sauce.

Snack . Fruit salad soya milk topping.

Friday. B. 1 oz ham 2 sliced cherry toms 2 ryvita and beetroot so dry.
Fruit smoothie 1/2 pt skimmed milk.

L. Go Natural yoghurt bar with nuts and yoghurt.

snack, 1 small bowl onion soup.

dinner. 4 pieces of tandoori chicken tikka, 3 tbs rice, 4 tabs spinach dal..........

Sat.
B. Home made Breakfast Muffin . 1 tbs spoon fruit puree and 3 tabs total yoghurt.

Snack. 1 apple eaten in 2 parts ie i/2 as hard to go down then other half later.

3pm Lunch. lentil dal and 3 tbs brown rice.

b. coffee x2

l. 1 waffle 1 poached egg & baked beans.

d. 1 slice of toast with dairy lea light.

drinks of water lots, and 2 lemsips as i have a cold right now x

Sunday. Brunch. 1 egg scrambled and 1oz smoked salmon 1 slice thin rye bread.
( great cafe kro bar2 )next to BBC oxford road Manchester 2 Danish cafe lots of fish they also have one in Trafford centre but they usually give big portions in that one. Might be a good idea to name a known good eatery for us wls peps ?

late lunch. grapes natural yoghurt and nuts.

D. 6 king prawns chilli,ginger and garlic spray oil 4 mushrooms sliced.tiny stir fry.

Monday. B. 1/2 pkt oats so simple (with water)
20z yoghurt, 4 nuts, 2 tbs mixed fruit.

L. pea and ham soup 1/2 sliced rye bread.

D. egg and ham bake onions,mushrooms and beetroot all chooped fitted on side plate

whoops 4 slices of toblerone..................Large pieces at that.

Tuesday.B. Fruit smoothie 1 pt

L. Chick peas, salad and 1/2 pear.

D. Slice Turkey, 2 scoops veg 1 mash 1 tsp piccalli

Wednesday. 2oz total yoghurt 4 almond 2 brazils 2 half walnuts 1 tbs mixed fruit and tsp mixed seeds. ( takes only a min to make into a small ramkin dish)

L. out with Clients.
melon delight.
Salmon with peppercorn sauce in seperate side dish (never had with salmon before delicious) 3 small spoons veg 1 new pot.
Lemon sorbet.

D. Milky coffee and 3 nairn mini oat biscuits 12 cals .
Trying to balance out larger meals with a small protein later.

Hiya, havent posted a menu for a while, mostly down to an overtight band and not eating properly since November. Anyway since having my band defilled by 2 mils yesterday, am now able to eat better, so here goes for today's food intake:

Breakfast: Oatso simple microwave oatmeal, made with skimmed milk and one small sachet of sweet and low sugar substitute....ate 2 tablespoons.

Snack...1 x Tesco Light Choice Savory Rice Cake spread lightly with low fat red pepper houmus.

Lunch...1 cup of mixed salad and misc raw vegetables, 1 tablespoon extra light mayonaise and 1 tablespoon tuna fish.

Snack, same as snack above.
Dinner...1 cup mixed salad, 10g cheese chopped, chopped avocado, 1 tablespoon tuna, 1 tablespoon honey and mustard light dressing.
Enjoyed the salad so much had it for lunch and dinner today...

4 cups of tea with sweetner
no added sugar squash throughout day.

does this seem ok?? It was so nice to be able to eat something, not get sick, not get the pain in my chest and know I was getting some decent nutrition for a change....
MNL

Back