• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders Daily Diet and Exercise Log

Tobi

I keep meaning to post here and I really want to but keeping record on MFP is so easy (and I'm so used to it) it's a bit of a chore to type here :p

Let's all add each other on MFP and please make your diaries visible to fiends hehe xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

top_kat

Ah today

Currently just approaching 5 months post op
7.5ml in a 14ml band

Breakfast
Coffee,
Green Tea
1 Options hot choc
100g chicken breast

Lunch
2 slices cooked ham, 1 slice corned beef, 1 dark rye ryvita

Dinner
Cooked ham, ryvita, corned beef, branston pickle,
options hot choc

Snack
3 mini jaffa cakes

Drinks
2 litres NAS squash

Not hungry at all today -
Eaten 738 cals
Exercise - gym and walk = 362 cals
Net Cals 376

Carbs = 43g
Protein = 76g

top_kat

yesterdays :)

7.5ml in 14ml band, 5 months post op

- having a non hungry week this week although no restriction from band.

AM
1 tea
1 coffee
1 muller light strawberry yoghurt topped with 10g of special k peach and apricot for crunch

Lunch
1 slice corned beef
3 slices cooked ham

Dinner
asda chicken breast and chinese stir fry vegetables

Snacks/Drinks
2.25 litres NAS squash
1 options white hot choc
2 x mini fudge chocolates lol

total cals 856
Carbs 46g
protein 79g

Exercise3 - gym circuit work out, 23 and 25 mins walks - use 487 cals

net cals 369 and still full up LOL

top_kat

Here's todays offering.

5 months post band op today *happy birthday anna* lol
7.5mls in a 14ml band

Breakfast
1 tea, 1 coffee
1 weight watchers apricot yoghurt topped with 10g special K peach and apricot cereal

Lunch
2 x slices corned beef, 3 x slices ham, 1 pack of 4 weight watchers oat herb and onion crackers with 5g clover light and marmite.

Dinner
chicken breasts cooked with a garlic and herb milk based sauce (skimmed milk) served with steamed bag of cabbage and leeks

Drinks
2.5l NAS squash
1 options white hot choc.

Exercise
- gym workout (increased weights and speed today!)
- 30 mins walk
- 60 mins housework

So
food = 984 cals
Carbs = 78g *ouch* lol
Protein = 104g

Exercise = 672 cals
net cals 312

Still onward with a not so hungry week, feeling a little too full after dinner, but that was because it was only 2 1/2 hours since I had my crackers.

libbyb

Hiya. So I'm nearly 7 months post band probably. Lost about 3kg. I workout 6 times a week, eat 5 small healthy meals a day, no more than 1050 calories. Do u think too much exercise can e detrimental? I haven't lost any cm really. I do resistance training, cardio and plyometrics and would burn an additional 1000 calories a day (heart rate monitor says). I move to London soon from the uk and won't have a gym but wonder if with no exercise there I will gain?! Because doing so much now and I'm only staying the same weight. Help would be appreciated! Xx

flutterby1966

And to give banders an idea of what a maintainer can eat ...

Away at a training course all week ...
Breakfast ... 100g fruit yoghurt, 1 heaped tablespoon muesli, 2 rashers grilled bacon, 1 heaped tablespoon of scrambled egg
Lunch ... Boots meal deal ... Cheese & pickle sandwich, innocent smoothie, Bircher
Dinner ... Small portion indian takeaway Lamb balti, 1/3 tube of smarties

Hubby took me out for lovely dinner tonight...Had a black coffee (whilst the others were drinking copious wines) and instead of a chocolate on the side, they served a teeny dish of smarties...LOL...heaven :) ate them to keep me going until dinner as my friends like to eat late. Ordered no starter for me, and everyone was finishing their starters when flashing lights occurred then a Big Bang. And then followed the fire engine sirens. Kitchen set on fire and I had no dinner :rolleyes: pub closed hence a half hour drive home to find an Indian takeaway ... Oh my ... Why is my life never simple!

vanilla-cupcake

Hiya. So I'm nearly 7 months post band probably. Lost about 3kg. I workout 6 times a week, eat 5 small healthy meals a day, no more than 1050 calories. Do u think too much exercise can e detrimental? I haven't lost any cm really. I do resistance training, cardio and plyometrics and would burn an additional 1000 calories a day (heart rate monitor says). I move to London soon from the uk and won't have a gym but wonder if with no exercise there I will gain?! Because doing so much now and I'm only staying the same weight. Help would be appreciated! Xx

Hi Libby, you eat 1050 calories a day but burn 1000 of them, I definitely don't think you're eating enough, you should try upping your calorie intake, have more protein like chicken or steak, have some eggs just try and get lots of good protein in to you and see if that makes a difference :)

Gnomes

As I don't seem to be loosing weight, I have been sent a link to here, in the hope that some of you lovely people can help me.

I have been reading some posts on here, and I'm eating so much more than anyone else.

Breakfast big bowl of bran flakes and semi milk
Lunch chilli (left over from last night) inc pulses, peppers, grate carrot and lean mince, again a big bowel.
Dinner, chicken thighs x2, and roasted veg, toms, baby pots and peppers

Exercise - 1.5 hrs of walking the dog and 1 hr of salsa later.

What am I doing wrong/why am I not loosing weight?

BlueDiamond

As I don't seem to be loosing weight, I have been sent a link to here, in the hope that some of you lovely people can help me.

I have been reading some posts on here, and I'm eating so much more than anyone else.

Breakfast big bowl of bran flakes and semi milk
Lunch chilli (left over from last night) inc pulses, peppers, grate carrot and lean mince, again a big bowel.
Dinner, chicken thighs x2, and roasted veg, toms, baby pots and peppers

Exercise - 1.5 hrs of walking the dog and 1 hr of salsa later.

What am I doing wrong/why am I not loosing weight?

Hello there - what size band and to what capacity is it filled? Thanks x

flutterby1966

Hi gnomes ... What about trying the bran flakes dry with your milk separate/later; or with a yoghurt rather than milk? The flakes with the milk becomes slider food, meaning you can eat more potentially, plus it doesn't leave you feeling full for as long as if theywere dry. Likewise the chilli is slider food ... Probably verynutritious but it'll slide through the band. Drier crunchier foods would probably help you eat less xxxx

Gnomes

Hi
I have 7ml in a 10ml band.

I really need a list of non slider foods, I'm thinking.
Also the thought of yoghurt on cereal makes my stomach churn, yuk!

My problem is, I need to have breakfast before I go to work, so time wise it needs to be quick.

Wobbly71

Could you prepare it the night before? You still need your 20 minutes to eat it.

I made an omelette the other day with crunchy peppers, mushroom, ham etc in. Left it to go cold overnight and had it for brekkie x

Or ryvita/ melba toast with low fat cheese spread and for extra crunch I had red peppers chopped this morning x

NT1977

Wow, have been reading through this post over the weekend -great inspiration and ideas on here. will be posting on here myself I think when I get on mushies

NT1977

I am going to use this thread every day, hope someone else hops on here too.

Week 4 day 4 (Mushies)

Breakfast: 1 weetabix with skimmed milk and a skinny latte
Lunch: Miso Soup and a quarter of an advacado
Dinner: Salmon with Mash (Potato, carrot and swede)
Snacks: 2 x Greek Muller Light Yogurts

Summerband

I will jump in too, even though I am liquids at the mo!

Breakfast: Protein shake
Lunch: a Mugful of Sainsburys Butternut squash soup
Dinner: Slim Fast shake

2x Milky coffees, 2l or so of NAS squash or water.

NT1977

Yesterday:

B - Cheerios with skimmed milk and a Large skinny latte
L - 3 fruit rivita with dairylee light traingles x 2 and a yogurt
D - Cheese omlette and a yogurt
Snack - wafer biscuit (opps)

2 litres of water and 1 litre of Ribena light

Exercise Walking

Calories eaten: 1262
Calories burnt: 349
Net: 913

NT1977

Yesterday:

B - 2 fruit rivita with cheese
L - salmon sushi
D - salad with spicy chicken and a yogurt
Snack - a few cashew nuts

2 litres of water and 2 litre of Ribena light

Exercise Walking

Calories eaten: 1115
Calories burnt: 232
Net: 883

flutterby1966

You banders who are 1. Being successful ... may want to share your ideas on here or 2. Who are not losing as much as you want ... get ideas/inspiration/feedback ... Keep posting :)