• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Ada255F2521Long2520Stem2520Roses257.jpg
stay.jpg

Tranquil hun x I`m not surprised if things cause you to lose track occasionally, you have probably more reason than most.

Up until now you have been so brilliant with your food intake and your perserverance has been second to none....don`t let Colin get the upper hand otherwise I`m gonna send my `Percy` round to sort him out! :pillowfight:
I find most of the time since I had my last fill that I do feel full and know when to stop eating.....but sometimes I think I`m my own worst enemy, I just carry on because theres something I fancy having. When I know I should`nt....and will soon regret it!

My head is playing games with me...and stopping me from being as successful as I would like..and I guess its not only me that happens to.

I think when they do Bariatric surgery they should put a little silicone amp thingy in your brain that makes your brain as well as your pouch control your eating habits. That way we would all be losers!

I`ve had a lovely day today, with family popping in, as well as me pottering in the garden and walking Oscar - also I spent an hour and a half at the gym, I really enjoyed my session today...probably because it was less busy than normal. I shall also attempt to get another session in mid-week.

Hope you have been enjoying the Bank Holiday and the sunshine everyone!

Love Kat x

Hi TB

I agree that a band is not the easy way. I had my band fitted last June and with the pre op diet and the two months afterwards lost over three stone - which I then proceeded to put back on between July and Christmas. I had no restriction and every appointment I had with the clinic was cancelled.

However, I am trying very hard to look forward and have now lost all the regain bar 1lb and am having another fill in two weeks time.

I hope you are having a better day and that venting helped you relax about it a little.

Bless you Julie and Kat. To be honest the first three months or even four after my op I was still in so much trauma after what had happened during my op that I was on some kind of auto pilot. It was clearly working but because I do not weigh I have no idea how well.

The last few days everything seems to have crashed down on me and reality is biting big time. I worked out that to get to a health BMI I have to lose 202 pounds in total from the day I started my pre op diet on 1 November 2010. It is huge and being a slow loser getting to that size by my 50th birthday next year may be asking too much. I want to feel relaxed about it all but I suppose I have just run out of steam with everything I have been doing and I lost track of things. Writing it all down has helped. I do not feel so out of it that I cannot turn it around - and as I said Colin is in charge even if I feel I want to be:D - bless him.

I am sure a good nights sleep and then spending tomorrow doing some of the work stuff I should have done will help. I need a holiday - roll on November and the Jamaica sunshine:D.

Normal service will be resumed tomorrow;).

Thanks again my friends.

tranquil x

it's quite a journey isn't it Tranquil. Such a battle some days and others you feel you could sail through.
I feel like I'm on a roller coaster sometimes with it all.
I have to say though being nearly one year down the line I can see the things that challenged me and how I responded and also see how things have improved both mentally and physically. We are all gradually coming off our little addiction (is it so little) it's never going to be plain sailing, and I see it that the more struggles we face head on the better as it's overcoming these battles with ourselves that will ultimately aid us to a successful pathway in our futures. Huge hugs xxxx

Thanks Rache. I feel a little better mentally tonight. I am just plain old knackered and need a good rest to recharge my batteries. I need to just tell work they can do without me for a few days - they managed the nearly 4 months I as off - and they seem to have extracted that time back in the 7 weeks I have been back!

tranquil x

Morning all. I hope you are all enjoying a quiet bank holiday Monday. The sun is shining here but there is a wicked wind with it so it feels chilly too.

I have put the oxtail in the slow cooker - another of Mr TB's favourites and I am going to get my work laptop set up and get on with what I have been putting off all this long weekend. I am hoping for a calmer day today. Feel much better this morning and just going to take things one step at a time.

Have a blessed day everyone.

tranquil x

Colin needs a beating! noway is he allowed to rule TB!!

ikwym......would be so wicked to have a brain band or something....could u imagine the recovery with that though...ouch! but us nutters would still probably pay stupid money to have it done!

oooh u got jamaica to look forward to u lucky girl!! ull be looking fab on hols i bet.... get colin to join forces with u ...easier said then done!! head hunger.....an evil thing!

Good afternoon all, I hope you're having a lovely day, and those at work aren't to stressed.

TB, can I just say that you don't come across as negative, yes you're straight talking, but that is a long way from being negative. I can relate so much to your post, emotional eating is a nightmare and you need to give yourself more credit for what you have achieved. xx

magicbeans said:
ikwym......would be so wicked to have a brain band or something....could u imagine the recovery with that though...ouch! but us nutters would still probably pay stupid money to have it done!

Hahaha! You're so funny! X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hey All..

How are we all doing? (As always you all look fabulous!)

Just thought i would stop by and check on things...

Sorry i don't get on much! Miss you all though!

Marie x

Hey All..

How are we all doing? (As always you all look fabulous!)

Just thought i would stop by and check on things...

Sorry i don't get on much! Miss you all though!

Marie x

Hi Marie - Your missed!
We`re all plodding along as usual, trying to stick to the plan as well as put in some excercise....though I struggle when I am so tired like today!

What have you been up to? Have the family been keeping you busy then? Not seen you post much recently....I probably missed why before....but sending you lots of hugs to keep you going xx:hug99:

Love Kat x

Hi Marie - Your missed!
We`re all plodding along as usual, trying to stick to the plan as well as put in some excercise....though I struggle when I am so tired like today!

What have you been up to? Have the family been keeping you busy then? Not seen you post much recently....I probably missed why before....but sending you lots of hugs to keep you going xx:hug99:

Hey KatKit.. :)

Yeah i know that feeling.. im feeling very very lethargic today and my stomach is feeling a little off..

Im just constantly tired today, nothing i seem to do perks me up..

Ive got the doctors tomorrow with the little one.. So once he's done, i may jump in and ask him to give me the once over.. ;)

Well with the holidays my sole focus has been entertaining the little one.. and at the grand age of 4 next month.. he needs alot of entertaining!

Awww the hugs are appreciated..

I hope you are well..? Besides plodding.. although.. plodding is good.. means your moving.. doesnt matter the pace.. :p

Marie x

Evening all. Marie lovely to see you posting honey - stop by more often;). You are doing so well and you can inspire those of us like me who are struggling at the moment.

Hope everyone is well today. I am trying to get my head around the last few days and how I am feeling about things now. It was a blip and I am slowly getting over it. I am trying not to be too hard on myself. I am getting very short tempered and actually snapped at a few people at work today. So everyone now knows I am not my usual self and are backing off - suits me;).

Things are moving at a rapid speed at work. the good news is Ming Ellen may be gone by the August bank holiday:D. I will know more tomorrow but the prospect that she may be gone in a few months has lightened my mood a little.

tranquil x

Glad you're feeling a little better now TB, nothing like some good news to cheer you up is there :)

I had today off work as I work flexibly and had accrued so much time I needed to take it or lose it. I've spent the day food shopping, cleaning the old house and mutilating overgrown bushes, and am now sorting out old craft clutter that I will never get around to using for my next car boot :)
I have to say after the gardening I am shaking, it was a tough job and I only did about a third of what is needed. Baby steps in the garden too me thinks.

Well it's my oppiversary tomorrow it'll be interesting to see what my stats are a year down the line.
I am now definately in a size 20, which is brilliant as I started at a 28/30 last year. I am now smaller than my mum and no longer the largest member of my family. it's been a long time since I've been able to say that.

I hope you've all had a lovely bank holiday break and are enjoying this fab weather too :)

xxxxx

Folks I am going to be away for a few days. I am a bit unhappy about something posted so time for me to take a break.

See you in a few days.

tranquil x

Back