• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Mable hun , I'm not qualified to answer medical questions, none of us here are x
If you have concerns you must contact your surgeon / GP hun x

Hiya all :)

Welcome Lel and Mable
Congratulations Mazza on your 2nd anniversary xxx

Another busy week passes by in a flash......phew!!

Shaved 4 minutes off my time both cycling too and from work now :) ache to the devil today for it though, no gain no pain.
Yoga tomorrow not done that for weeks due to one reason or another so it'll be an aching weekend for me :)

Hello all.

Will be back posting with you over the weekend.

Thanks for the support. Need to go feed Mr TB. Had a long day at work. Hope everyone is well.

tranquil x

I've had some news this week that I just don't know how to react to.
My ex father in law has been diagnosed with terminal lung and liver cancer, he has a few months left to live.
Normally I would be very sympathetic, unfortunately due to the horrendous way he treated me during my marriage to his son I am numb to any emotions.
I feel guilt for not being more emotive over it and yet other times I have to confess to feeling kalma has won over, and feel dreadful for even thinking that.
I understand his immediate family are devastated and sympathise with them, espesh his wife who has had a lot to put up with over the years.
My own daughters have even had mixed emotions. Youngest isn't affected at all and eldest while sad he is dieing won't miss him (he treated them dreadfully during my divorce too)
The irony that such a cruel person should get such a cruel disease is not lost on me, but does anyone deserve that fate?
So it's a mixed emotion week this week. I am so busy this weekend with the old house key handover hopefully it will give me time to come to terms with my feelings about it all.
Have a great weekend everyone xxx

I've had some news this week that I just don't know how to react to.
My ex father in law has been diagnosed with terminal lung and liver cancer, he has a few months left to live.
Normally I would be very sympathetic, unfortunately due to the horrendous way he treated me during my marriage to his son I am numb to any emotions.
I feel guilt for not being more emotive over it and yet other times I have to confess to feeling kalma has won over, and feel dreadful for even thinking that.
I understand his immediate family are devastated and sympathise with them, espesh his wife who has had a lot to put up with over the years.
My own daughters have even had mixed emotions. Youngest isn't affected at all and eldest while sad he is dieing won't miss him (he treated them dreadfully during my divorce too)
The irony that such a cruel person should get such a cruel disease is not lost on me, but does anyone deserve that fate?
So it's a mixed emotion week this week. I am so busy this weekend with the old house key handover hopefully it will give me time to come to terms with my feelings about it all.
Have a great weekend everyone xxx

:hug99::hug99:For you and your girls. Difficult times. You have had a lot to contend with. Hope you have a good weekend.

tranquil x

Good morning everyone. I hope you are all having a good weekend. I plan to walk the dogs today and tomorrow we are at a horse show all day - so lots of standing and walking from one end of the field to another - which will kill me but is very good for me.

Rache - sorry you and your family are going through such a difficult time - I understand exactly what you mean. Just look after yourself and your daughters because it might affect you more than you think.

TB - good to see you back - I might not post much but I am always here lurking and love reading your posts.

Happy Bandiversary Mazza.

Afternoon all. After an extremely bad few weeks all round I have given myself the weekend off from doing stuff for work - I am so bad:D.

I am going in hunt for that suit that I want to use as my measure. Wish me luck...I really do not know where to start looking for it - so I am diving straight in and I am going to go into the bottom of my wardrobe and have a sort through.

Will be back later - I hope:wave_cry:.

tranquil x

Are you still in the bottom of your wardrobe? Hellloooooo, is there anybody there lol.
Lynne x

I've been lurking in my wardrobe this weekend too. Just spent the last couple of hours listing loads of clothes that are now too big for me on Ebay. Hopefully I can raise enough cash to buy myself some new ones! If I sell everything I can see me spending the whole of next weekend packaging and posting! Still it's a nice feeling to be able to do it, my wardrobe has never looked so empty! I've already taken several bags of clothes that I thought were okay but maybe not good enough to sell to one of those recycling bin places. God only knows how I managed to fit it all in before!
Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend xx

I never reached the wardrobe but have spent the time sorting other stuff that needed shifting. I am going to do more now - just having a breather. I have had a burst of energy today. I have done the washing, vaccummed a bit, prepared the pork ready for the slow cooker tomorrow. Mr TB and I will be making a trip the the recycling place tomorrow after I get in from work. Feels so much better having done something constructive for us rather than stuff for work.

See you later:D

tranquil x

Lol Sarah sometimes a lazy weekend is what's needed.xx

Wish mine had been lazier. So glad it's done now.
I have now handed over the keys for the old house, fully cleaned and everything is out :)
It is such a relief to know it's all sorted out now, it's one less thing to be thinking about and now hopefully I can get on with getting properly settled in my new home. I need to All the boxes are unpacked it's just all the cleaning products and spare stuff I have from the old place I don't have a scooby where to put it all!!!
Gotta find my driving license as a matter of urgency now as it needs changing before my tax is due at the end of the month, oooooh it's all go.

Well best crack on.
Have a great week everyone xxx

Hello all. Just checking in. How is everyone today...you are all very quiet.

Neen honey - can we please have the Monday beefcake back please? It was always a good way to start the week. if I start trawling the internet looking for scantily clad men Mr TB would start to worry and I don't want to stress him in his condition ( not that I am resorting to emotional blackmail or anything:D). Seriously - it was good start to the week and a good bit of fun. I am on my bended knees...dragging myself across the floor - not a pretty sight - if you wouldn't mind please?

Well, I am slowly getting my head back into gear after my latest trauma:rolleyes:. Crap at work, crap at home. My restriction seems to have gone for a long walk. My provider is using the excuse of the number of bank holidays as an excuse not to have scheduled me in for the next appointment and fill which should have been this week. Add to that I have some pain which is constant - just above my port, and the suspected hernia seems to be getting bigger and I had just about had enough. After 6 months of being saintly the head issues took over and I fell off my perch - and landed with a big bump. I did not go wild - just off plan - mostly carby things - I got a passion for those ryvita thins - so they are now banned. As I do not weigh I have no idea how much damage I did. However, it was a salutary lesson. Now it is back to the old will power that has got me through so far as I was told today by the hospital that the bariatric nurse is way until next week Tuesday and only she can sort out getting my next appointment.

Mr TB bless him has bourn the brunt of my mad head. He is worried so it has stopped.

I will post on the food and exercise log later. With little or no restriction it is the portion sizes I need to watch and making sure head hunger does not overrule Colin:D. Mind you the pain seems to be holding things in check. I am trying to pinpoint when it started - I think I was lifting something too heavy and that triggered it.

Anyway I am glad we are all here supporting each other. Life with the band is no easy ride...as we all know.

Hope everyone is enjoying the evening. Going to eat now...got pork which has been in the slow cooker all day and the smell is delicious - even if I say so myself:D.

tranquil x

Hiya TB xxx I will see what I can do!

Glad you're back with us and hopefully there's not going to be so much turbulence for a little bit for you...well I'm just hoping because you need a break madam!

I have my ketone strips now but not very good test results so got to be much more careful. Alas my beloved choc peanut shakes will have to be made with water not milk !

Got Zumba for the wii in the post today so I hopefully will be trumpling about the carpet tomorrow..madly jiggling! That's not a pretty sight either!

I have decide to be kind to myself Neen and start to concentrate on what is really important - me:D. It is not being selfish - I think I have sacrificed myself enough. I am no good to anyone if I have a stroke or heart attack.

I will compare notes with you on the zumba - be warned you need lots of space to bust the moves;).

tranquil x

Hello all. Gosh it has gone quiet - where is everyone. Kat are you ok - miss you.

Well this pain near my port is not going so am just keeping an eye on things and trying not to lift anything heavy. I feel terribly tired with it too. I have the day off tomorrow so am going to do a bit more in terms of sorting things out in the flat. I am finding it a good way to concentrate on things other than food.

Hope everyone is well - I do worry when people disappear - hope you are all not struggling. I know how that feels but sometimes the best thing is to come and get a bit of virtual support to get through the rough patches.

tranquil x

Hiya Hun x Hope Kat is OK too x
I know a lot of us are busy with day to day life at the minute :( Shame we can't all meet for a natter and a coffee in reality daily...wow that would be lively eh? :D
I am having problems with the boys as usual , more at school now than at home.
Always something to be worried about !
I hope you find time to relax and unwind a little bit tomorrow too TB x

Back