• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

I love my band & say so frequently. There are always going to be negative comments...you have to have your selective reading glasses on & ignore stuff sometimes....because everyone has a differing opinion!! That's just being human! Enjoy your band & learn how to use it cos I'm still learning & I'm 3 months out. Chin up! Xxx

Thanks Mrs pill. U always say the right thing :) I am so happy u get on well with ur band x

Coo Kat that's terrible. I hope she's ok now.

Miserable ... Mrs Pill has said it perfectly. This is your journey, you take from it what you need and ignore the scaremongers hun. I'm 18 months out and yes it's quite a journey, what journey is ever smooth? The down times make me realise how good the good times are though so there is still a positive to be gleaned. xx

I'm off to Leeds Met with my daughter tomorrow!!! Bricking it isn't the word and tight tight tight as a result!!
How to terrify a social phobic? Make her drive 3 hours to a new city for an open day that is likely to be crowded, unfamiliar and full of young people with no wrinkles!!!
All in the name of love and support for my big girl who is growing up sooooooo fast!!
Wish me luck.... I've lost the map I printed out and can't work the sat nav I've borrowed from work :(
Now to go stock up on drinks and possible eateries for ms tight band and ms I can eat a packet sarny no problem :)

Good luck Rache, I've got to admit that you're a braver lass than me as there's no way I could drive that far (I'm not a natural driver, it frightens me). What is Leeds Met (I'm assuming it's a college/uni)?

I've had the best day at work today, we got to take the kiddies bowling and then pizza hut for lunch, so I'm pretty content with my lot tonight (even though I sts agaaain!)
xx

Aww thanks Sarah I am scared I must admit I'm not a confident driver in new places, ok round and about where I live though.
Leeds Met University it is, they are one of only three places in the UK who offer the course she wants to do.
Gloucester and Ormskirk next month!!!

Sounds like a lovely day you had today... my kind of day out with the kids :)
xxxx

Leeds is a fantastic city Rache! She will love it if she decides to go there. I have spent many a week working in Leeds and loved it!

Its not too bad a journey either, so try not to worry too much xx

Morning all, I thought I needed to post on here as the title says banders united. I feel there is so much negativity about the band going round at the moment and even worse all negative about my provider :'( I am only 7 days post op and so far they have been good to me and I am recovering really well but I just need someone to say don't worry it works for me (I know u also need to work at it). I don't know just too much negativity I felt. Rant over sorry.

Hi - its not just at the moment unfortunatly. It happens a fair bit. Sometimes we can cope with it, other times it can really get you down.

The band does work, you know this but I agree its not very helpful hearing over and over again either:

I knew I would cheat with the band - you can with a bypass or sleeve too, not everyone dumps and I have often read of newly bypassed people eating KFC, crisps etc etc. Why on earth would we (as banders) sit eating chocolate, ice cream and drinking milkshakes all day as is often said too :confused:

I couldnt be bothered with all the fills is another one - Ive had 5 in 2/12 years but what about the blood tests b12 injections etc that bypassers often need :confused:

The truth is no one knows what having a band is like except for those of us who have one. The purpose of this thread was to unite us, although recently its not been used as much. I myself took a bit of a back seat for a while.

Keep posting and try to ignore what is simply in most cases people quoting what they have been told, Im sure with best intentions! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Morning all:D

I am in stress hell juggling my job and home life at the moment. As much as I am looking forward to this holiday, getting ready for it is proving a lot harder than I thought it would be. It is getting together all the bits and pieces for my mom and dad and their dogs. I do not begrudge taking anything they want but with the weight limits and already having to fork out for Mr TB and I to take an extra suitcase each it is - well - difficult:(.

Well I have done my week on liquids and am onto the mushies for a week. I am a little concerened about the tightness I am feeling and have had a few occasions of sickness after soup but I am putting that all down to my stress levels. I am still having to see my GP weekly as my BP is still not stabilising and she is worried about why. I am now on more meds than I was taking a year ago which has been getting me down but I will have to live with it. I am also having to take my work mobile on holiday because of some issues that are likely to arise while I am away. They are arranging so I can pick up a signal in jamaica:rolleyes:. I don't mind if it helps the team and they have promised me they will only need me to pick up anything if there is no way they can get around it. I hope I can get some rest because I am sure it will help with my health issues. I plan to do lots of walking with the dogs, swim and chill out the rest of the time. My band being so tight is going to be an issue. I fly two weeks today and if by the time I finish mushies I am still feeling like this then I may see if I can get a little taken out.

Mazza loved your post. You are always going to get negativity about the band on a site that is dominated by bypassers. I do not bother to read it or let it get to me as a lot of it is born out of lack of knowledge. As someone who went under for a bypass and woke up with a band I can see it from both sides. The band does work but like everything else - that is all wls surgery, it takes a commitment to make that lifestyle change. I am coming up to a year and when I am back after my hols I will post about what the year has been like for me. It has not been easy at all, but I am grateful for it saving my life literally because without it I probably would not be sitting here right now.

Have a blessed day all.

tranquil x

Thanks TB you always make me feel more 'grounded' when things are tough xxx

This WLS thing is not easy BUT with my fellow banders on board we can do this xxx

It was success stories like yours Mazza that reassured me that the band was right for me, so I'd just like to say thanks for the support you've given to people you don't know, who are following in your footsteps.

Thanks Mazza and everyone else who took the time to reassure me. I guess my emotions are still all over the place post op. But I am going to work hard at it and make a success story too no other outcome allowed! :)

I suppose one the issues is that WLS is a relatively new thing. It just wasn't happening to any great extent even 50years ago so there isn't any really long term definitive advice about what is "best" for who. For me it really came down to an emotional decision. Who knows, in another 50 years there will be some surgical intervention which will be much smarter but a band suits me now :)
TB- you are so right about this forum when you say bandsters are in the minority. It puts a divide between us and it is annoying and it puts me off sometimes, particularly when the advice is a bit harsh! The band section has been a bit quiet ....perhaps because we are the smaller voice but also I think because a lot of people drop out of online forums. There are only a few bandsters that I see post that have been here long term and I guess this is just the nature of it all. I always look at the band sections first and love reading everyones posts and contribute if I feel I can.

Anyway, to lighten things up a bit, I've cleared my wardrobe of 50 items that I am NEVER going to wear again!! I've sold a couple of things on ebay and I'm saving for some new stuff in Per Una as I'm about a stone off getting into their larger sizes :))))
Have a nice Sunday everyone xx

I certainly do not want any divides to come up - we are all in the same boat - just trying to get there via different routes. The mods do a fantastic job keeping things as it should be, a place where people can come and be free to express fears, concerns, good news etc. With the forum split into the different sections you can at least come and read what you want in relation to your particular surgery and leave the rest. a lot of people do drop out and that is a shame, but there will always be someone here who can help.

I would hate to think of someone struggling because they felt to afraid to ask for fear of being judged or condemned.

Have a blessed day all.

tranquil x

day one of half term and I seem to have slept for England :) ooh it's been lubly. Not done nothing all day, have managed to get shopping and a few other bitsanbobs done so not wasted the day. Feel loads better for the snoozie time though :)

I have a speed awareness course tomorrow :( got caught a few months ago, still it means no points on my license and I've heard some really good reports about the courses, so looking at it positively instead.

Leeds uni was an interesting day. Amber loved it there. It was a good trip up and back only got lost a few times, and a definate maybe on her list of possibilities.

xxxxxxxxxx

Oh good u enjoyed it and glad she liked it x

Hi Miserable - sorry hun....I don`t know your name, but I`m sure its much nicer than miserable x

I don`t post in here as often as I`d like to but with work being so busy as well as family commitments, don`t always have time to get on here. Hope your coping well post-op!

Mrs Pill - sounds like you have had a good clear out. It will be great to buy some lovely new clothes!

Tranquil - how long before you fly off on your hols hun? x

Hi Rache - Good luck with the speed awareness course....only a year since I did mine....seems they have those cameras in the most unexpected places!
It was really positive and I found that I learnt quite a bit from it!
Pleased Amber enjoyed her day at Leeds....when does she find out what Uni she gets into?

Busy day at work and I`m shattered now so guess I better turn in and take a leaf out of Rachels book and get some beauty sleep!

Night all for now xx

Love Kat x

Morning all. This is likely to be my last post before I set off on my hols. Kat I fly a week tomorrow. It has been chaos. I do not know whether I am coming or going at the moment. I need to get through the next week and get on that plane. I will miss you all - be good:D

tranquil x

Have a great time Tranquil. Missing you already! Looking forward to your summary of your first year with your band when you return! XX

Day off work today and the housework is all done and thats a nice feeling :)
I'm up sooo early this morning and I guess its because of the change in the clocks. I'll be shattered later on but I can have a snooze as I'm off. Going for a fill at 1pm (hopefully) and then I'm going to have manicure- never had one before but I thought I'd treat myself at the new nail bar in the centre of town. I'm having Shellac put on...hope its good. After my party at the weekend and the shock of putting 8lbs on, I need something to cheer me up....and something that isn't food!
Happy Halloween everyone- and stay away from the treats from the trick-or-treat bag!

Back