• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Afternoon all. I had a lovely time seeing mom and my sister yesterday. My mom was on good form. I bought her a kindle as she fell in love with mine when I took it on my last visit. She now has all the books she didn't get to read and more. That should keep her quiet for a while;).

I am really struggling with solid food after my last fill. I have not managed to keep anything down for the last few days. I am going to persevere as it must be at the point where it has the right amount of fill and it is about me adjusting to what it really is like to have a band with the right restriction:eek:. I have to factor in the stress and the tiredness which seems to make it tighter. It makes you think about what you are taking into your body when you cannot manage much.

I have noticed a lot of negativity at the moment and I know a few of you are struggling at the moment. It helps to keep posting and sharing. This time of year does not help either. Just try and keep plugging away at it.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

tranquil x

Really glad you'd a good time with your mam :)
Where are you from originally do you mind me asking?
I had a huge walk along the coast today, the furthest I've walked in a long long time and also at a decent pace so Im feeling really good and full of motivation.
The week off work seemed to have an adverse affect on me though and the thoughts of going back in tomorrow is a bit upsetting. I've a few mammy friends not working and get to spend all their time with their children. I get so scared I'll miss out on important things or that she won't see me as a proper mother figure or something. I've enjoyed her so much this week off :(
On top of that Im on really weird shifts next week so there will be two days I'll get home and she'll be in bed :(
Moan over! Hope everyone is well x

I was born and bred and still live in Wolverhampton:D My parents are from Jamaica. They came here in the early 60's and have now retired and returned home.

Glad you had a good walk. I love walking now - I think becoming so immobile before my op mad me realise the joy of getting out and about under your own steam and seeing Mr TB losing his is making me appreciate it even more.

tranquil x

Hi there- Happy Monday!
Daisy: Its hard being a parent but the important thing is that you're there for them even if you're not around-(if that makes sense) And children like happy parents who need money so its a no-brainer really! Also, variety is the spice of life - you get the best of both worlds x

Walking is good- running is bad. This is what my knee says today having been to the gym and tried to run- actually it was maybe a 15second run but not good- won't be doing that again! But I managed 50 minutes of cardio and just some arm weights to help build up my upper body strength a bit. My legs are used to holding up my bulk but the old arms suffer from just typing! haha.
Went to the dietician again today- I've been really struggling since mid-December and I got a fill- 6.5ml in a 14ml band- He says they don't like going higher than 9ml as they use the new slimline bands which don't need higher than this apparently. He says there's no point is comparing fill quanitities because everyones oesophagus' are different sizes so you may need more or less depending on the width of you gullet. Interesting eh?
His other pearl of wisdom today was: Be Sanctimonious about the Calories you Swallow.
Sanctimonious is the word of the day.:innocent0002:

Mrs P ... you are back :D xxx

Ha- can't stay away for long! Its such a struggle sometimes this band and sharing the cr*p is hard! I feel like I'm failing- I had actually put on since my last visit to the dietician so I feel so stupid! But he is lovely --very supportive and I'm to go back after the hols to see him( 18th March) So glad I went. And its hard not to compare yourself to others in the weightloss league! I know its not a race but you can't help but compare really-- spose its just human nature but you end up as your own worst enemy again. Anyhoo- I'll just keep trying.
Be sanctimonious about the calories!!!! Love that word!

Mrs p I'm being thick now..is your doc saying be critical of what you eat and it's cal content? :)

I had to get the thesaurus out to check what you meant LOL ... gonna make my dinner now and eat my calories :)

Well, yes and no. He wants me to get to that blissful state of the sweet spot where you lose weight without thinking about it, but, you have to get there by learning some skills too and one of them is not putting things into your mouth if you're not hungry! And by 'things' he was talking about stuff like- the chocolates in the tearoom, the little biscuit they give you at the M&S cafe with your coffee, the butter that can be spread a little too thickly on your toast....stuff like that. We all make decisions about our food all the time and at the moment I'm grazing! So for the moment he'd like me to be a bit more discerning about my food choices! More lean protein and less Thorntons continentals :)

Well Im waiting for my bus home, seriously thinking of reducing my hours and pulling in the purse strings a serious amount! Eek decisions :/
Mrs P do you or would you consider writing down everything you eat? I no that usually keeps me on the straight and narrow- except for that wine, i wrote that in invisible marker :) they tried to make me go to rehab i said no no no!! :p i joke!

Flutterby- you mentioned you also could cals, roughly how many do you aim for do you mind me asking? In the early stages and now?

Hope everyone's well!x

Aha makes sense. Must admit I wouldn't trust myself if I didn't log everything I put in my mouth...and I do log everything goodie bad! Maybe one day I will get to a stage of not having to but for now it's my tried n tested method..that works for me! As for the chocolate...I still have that 1 choc treat each day..may have to cut this if loss stops etc but for now I'm ok..and boy was today's curly wurly lovely :D

Hi Daisy - I aim for around 1000 to 1100 Monday to Friday and its around 1600-1800 at the weekend. Its been pretty similar along the journey. If I have less than 1000 I will always have a latte to up my intake to over a 1000. Main priority for me is to make sure I have enough protein each day. That seems to work for me and I really don't feel like I am on a diet - I do eat out alot, particularly at the weekends so the weekends and weekdays balance themselves out to a nice level of 1200-1300 a day on average. In all honesty I find it easier when I am at work though. I have to watch the calories as well as rely on the band, as at the moment I do not have full restriction again and I do know that because while I am satisfied after my meals, I am tending again to be hungry after 1 1/2 to 2 hours. A couple of weeks ago when I stopped tracking for the week, my weight shot up by 4lbs, so like Jo said, I am going to keep tracking as that is what works for me...we are all different, but that is the great thing...and I LOVE MY BAND :) AND WHAT HAVING IT HAS DONE FOR ME :D

PS I would love to work less hours, lovely. A hard decision to make, but I am sure you will do the right thing for you and your family x

Well Im waiting for my bus home, seriously thinking of reducing my hours and pulling in the purse strings a serious amount! Eek decisions :/
Mrs P do you or would you consider writing down everything you eat? I no that usually keeps me on the straight and narrow- except for that wine, i wrote that in invisible marker :) they tried to make me go to rehab i said no no no!! :p i joke!

Flutterby- you mentioned you also could cals, roughly how many do you aim for do you mind me asking? In the early stages and now?

Hope everyone's well!x

I think your work/life balance is SO important. And when your children are little having that balance is very important. Good luck with that decision- not easy!
I have done myfitnesspal when I was losing properly and it IS good but I have to admit I get fed up with it. I find it a bit boring to do it (very little patience sometimes!) and I would truly like to be able to lose without having to write everything down. It just gets on my nerves. But I might try it for a while to help me out just now- it doesn't stop you popping that wee coffee cream in though as I pass the open box in the tearoom! However, my OH says I could actually put everything away into the cupboards and I think I will do that tomorrow. I shall try harder :)

Thanks for that flutterby, i also find eating well and less so much easier in work. I was so busy chatting on my lunch i didn't even get through half my soup and felt grand!!
I use myfitnesspal but its on my phone which is rarely out of my hand so its easy enough, i also get a weird pleasure out of sticking to a certain number of calories! :)
Long may it last!

Oh the work thing, when i think of the coffee i buy in work, the fairs to and from Im thinking doing three and half days a week may work out ok compared to my current five days. And of corse I'll be eating less so that's a saving too AND i would have more time to cook from scratch. Oh it looks like such a desirable option but my company isn't doing amazingly at the moment so if i cut my hours I'll never get them back. Will keep pondering, i might save for a few weeks then go for it! Im so excited at the thought i practically danced off the bus :)

Just had chilli soup, yum!

Part time, nice dream for me. Just came back from the gym where I did 10 mns on rowing machine, 15 mns power walking, jogging, then 10 swimming lanes and an aerobics class!!!

Yeah I know plus you need the room etc... but realising I bury off close to 450 calories makes it worth it. My fitness pal and I constantly disagree.... need someone to use it for me :p

Daisyhappy! said:
Well done you!! Im looking at secondhand treadmills online, really need exercise i can do at home. Love the Wii fit but really want to do that couch to 5k!
They're so expensive tho ugh!x

Keep on looking and that local bargain will come up on eBay soon! All those who started diets in jan should be finishing anytime soon! :D x

Lol Jo xxx

It's true tho mis isn't it...we've all been there a million times! :D

Back