• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Morning all. Well yesterday was the quickest appointment I have ever had. In and out in 5 minutes. The consultant said I needed to have a barium x ray to find out what was going on and until the results of that was known there was no point in discussing anything else. He did write on the form that it was urgent because of possible band slippage so I am hoping something will come through soon. In the meantime I am going to have to be careful. I did manage to say to him as he was virtually pushing me through the door about my menstrual cycle and my BP. He did acknowledge that the situation could not continue and promised me a full discussion after the xray.

I will wait patiently as he has left me with little choice!

tranquil x

When is your next appt? He needs to know everything before he can help you x

I will have to arrange the next appointment as soon as I know when the xray is going to be. If I have to have a defill they will do it at the time of the xray so hopefully I will not have to struggle on too much longer.

tranquil x

Well I hope its soon...just try to avoid those pesky carbies!!!! They're nasty beggars! Cos they sabotage our bandits! (sorry- having a stupid moment )

Evening all. My appointment came through. 17 April so not too long to wait. I had an appointment with my doc tonight. Me and Mr TB had a double appointment and the results of our blood tests were not good for either of us. More pills were recommended. I felt very depressed after the hour long session - I must praise my GP practice - they are very caring. As we all know, surgery may not necessarily cure all ills. In my case it seems to have made things worse apart from giving me back my mobility. Once I have the scan I think it is time for some decisions and a very long chat with the consultant.

Have a good Easter everyone.

tranquil x

Well hello everyone....

Im new...joined today...well yesterday as its 1am in the morning...

Im due for my surgery 17th April 2012....Currently on the milk diet.

Im on another forum, and im finding the same problem of not many banders on there, so a friend suggested this site....and ive been reading quite a few banders threads. So ill definitely stay....theres many more on here! :)

hi blue butterflier :) welcome

Hi Blue butterflier.... I might call you blue cos the predictive text on my phone doesn't like the 2nd bit!! Haha. Welcome to the bandit section. Bet ur excited for the 17th....not long now :) x

Hi BlueB, welcome to our lovely 'band' of losers! Good luck with everything, from one vey happy bander! x

Hi Blue butterflier.... I might call you blue cos the predictive text on my phone doesn't like the 2nd bit!! Haha. Welcome to the bandit section. Bet ur excited for the 17th....not long now :) x

Excited, nervous and a whole load of emotions....But on a positive level :)

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Hi Cc, hope ur ok Xx

Hi,

How significantly do you take breakfast? Do you eat it?

I'm told by my dietician that it's important. I get that, but I'm just never hunrgy im the mornings ....

I think its important as it starts the body functioning better. Do you still follow your providers guidance cc?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I think its important as it starts the body functioning better. Do you still follow your providers guidance cc?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hiya - I have noticed you about and was hoping to talk to you about your successes, but couldn't remember your name lol.

You've done supremely well ... oh how I envy you. :eek:

Breakfast - I feel full at the moment. Totally not hungry, but I need to have something now I suppose.

My providers guidance was ... eat all meals within 20 mins .. STOP after 20 mins

I Eat meals within 10-15 mins most times

Chew at least 25 times

I do this 90% time, if anything I chew about 30-40 times

No bigger than a side plate
I can eat more .. I eat from a smaller plate but not a side plate. I'll post a picture of my meal tonight.

Food: eat anything. Protein first, Don't calorie count.

I was lo-carbing and calorie counting but was told not to do that as it's not intuitive and it was faddy. Last August I took the bull by the horns and limited myself to 800kCal per day as my weight had stalled for months (around 285lbs). I dropped about 14lbs in total but haven't lost weight since as I was told to stop cal counting and lo-carbing.

Hi CC

I get what your provider is saying about calorie counting BUT to lose weight you have to find the optimum calorie intake / usage to keep losing. Its very easy to go over (or under) if you dont monitor what you eat in some way.

When you have found this balance, you 'should' lose weight. If your not thats the time to speak again to your dietician - as your aftercare has run out would you consider buying some more aftercare?

Under eating wont help you to lose long term, 800 cals is very low for a taller girl like yourself. My losing level was 1200 cals and I'm maintaining at around 1400. Dont get me wrong sometimes I go way over - I'm human! but I then pull it back by cutting back afterwards.

I am resigned to the fact that I can never over eat again (physicaly that is :cry: although sometimes I long to) but also that I will have to eat this way for ever to stay as I am.

Whoever said this was easy!!! xxx

Back