• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Hi Ladies, i've not been on since october....lots happened since then. I sat and caught up with all the posts last night..took me ages! Well done on all of your losses..your all doin so well.

I have my date now it's 18th Feb, pre op diet starts on 4th feb. I also agreed to have my surgery filmed and my story followed..i'll blame Rachel for that one tho lol....hope you enjoyed the hamper Rachel ;). Not sure when it will be on tv yet i didn't ask but my first filming is 10th jan at my pre op dietcin appointment..ooer!

Hi Ladies, i've not been on since october....lots happened since then. I sat and caught up with all the posts last night..took me ages! Well done on all of your losses..your all doin so well.

I have my date now it's 18th Feb, pre op diet starts on 4th feb. I also agreed to have my surgery filmed and my story followed..i'll blame Rachel for that one tho lol....hope you enjoyed the hamper Rachel ;). Not sure when it will be on tv yet i didn't ask but my first filming is 10th jan at my pre op dietcin appointment..ooer!

Ooooooh Kelly that's brilliant news chuck :) you'll be a star in the making xx You'll be starting your pre-op soon then!! Good luck on the 10th hun hope to hear all about it at the group xxx

Oh, can I have your autograph Kelly - seriously good luck, pleased you have your date! x

Thanks maz and rachel. I was shocked they picked me i had to be police checked too:eek:! Looking forward to surgery i just wanna get on that losers bench ;). I have heard they are filming one of the support group sessions too, i may find out more this week, i'll let you know:).

well i havnt been on here for ages, i have now lost a couple of pounds short of 5 stone.

i am at my sweet spot, i didnt put anything on over christmas in fact i lost 2 pounds.

the secret has been exercise and diet. i got a temp job where i was on my feet all the time. this job has ended now so iam going to keep up the level of exercise that i become used to. as for the diet, 3 meals a day works for me. i usually have a small amount of porridge for brekkie and a slimfast for lunch. tea is usually chicken n potatoes or something simular.

i have gone from a size 20/22 to a nice trim 14. the only problem i have encountered is the fact that i am so overwhelmed by the change in my body at times. as many of you will find being able to walk into a shop and know that things will fit is amazing but when your not used to it, it can be very daunting.

i wore a lovely dress a new year and i did look good but didnt feel very confident in my new body.

does anyone else feel like this, you would think after wanting this for so long it would be easy.

sallie

Sally, what a fabulous weightloss, well done. I can't ever imagine fitting in a 14, I bought a size 24 cardi and size 22 jeans yesterday and found that amazing, that's 2 sizes, you must be over the moon.

Kelly how exciting, will you remember us when you're famous lol?

How is everyone else doing? I feel a bit wishy washy, but I've had visitors for a few days so suppose this is natural, and I was up from 5am, yawn. xx

hi thought id join in i lost 7st and maintained it untill band was defilled now iv been refilled iv got to do it all again must get me a ticker going!

hi thought id join in i lost 7st and maintained it untill band was defilled now iv been refilled iv got to do it all again must get me a ticker going!

Hi Moochymoo and :welcome2: to the forum. :D

How brilliant to lose 7st! When did you have your band defilled? And did you gain some of the weight that you lost?

Only reason I ask is the long term future of a bander am wondering is it do-able? :(

I`ve only recently had my band fitted (3 months) and was wondering if you have had the band for x number of years; how do you maintain your weight so it does`nt go back on? Then what happens to your band long term? Do they defill it and take it out? or leave it in permanantly? :eek:

I know as a newbie you should be the one doing the asking but as I believe you had your band originally fitted in a few years ago; so your knowledge would be better than mine! :cool:

Hope you`re not offended by me asking hun x :)

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

Happy New Year Nina, and to everyone else too x

Happy New Yr everyone.

*think* I've asked this question before ... but I'll ask again as I suffer with memory loss: how do you know when you're full?

Also how do you know when you're at your sweetspot? I just don't think I am.

Thank you in advance.

Hi CC

As I have never been sick from food post band, I know Im full when I get a tight feeling on my left hand side just below by boob - lol so I dont eat beyond that point.

To me 'sweet spot' would be eating 3 small low fat, high protein meals with fruit and veg - limited carbs, feeling full and losing weight steadily.

HTH x

Back