• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Gosh TB-what a hard time you've had on this journey. Hope the liquids are going well (again!). Does this really long time on fluids and purees mean you've lost a to of eight or are you just worn out by it?
Hope all goes well from here on in
xx

Gosh TB-what a hard time you've had on this journey. Hope the liquids are going well (again!). Does this really long time on fluids and purees mean you've lost a to of eight or are you just worn out by it?
Hope all goes well from here on in
xx

Thanks. I am really trying hard not to focus on how much weight I have lost because it is not a lot and I also had to deal with losing 9 pounds I gained during the surgery which nearly caused me to have a complete breakdown - sorry to sound dramatic but that is how it was.

Walsall seem to have a regime for banders which appears to be different from everyone else. I am telling myself those are the rules and I am going to follow them. It is not too bad being back on the liquids. At least it is only for 2 weeks this time. As I start to get over the op I am able to do things - like cleaning my flat which looks like Armageddon on a bad day:D. So far I have not felt hungry but I am sure that will change.

I suppose the one thing to come out of all of this - and I am still trying to get y head around it - is my relationship with food. In the days after the op I really had to think about things in terms of how I was going to deal with it, having gone in for one procedure and prepared for it and coming out with something else. It has made me appreciate how hard banders have to work to achieve good results and if this is going to work for me then I need to pay a lot more attention to the nutrition side of things and what I am putting into my body.

I have been cooking meals from scratch so I know exactly what is being used in terms of ingredients. As I haven't yet had a chance to get into a routine of eating 'normal' meals I have been experimenting on Mr TB and he is still alive last time I checked:D. I am no Delia!!

The other thing is that I need to get into doing some exercise - something that I have not been able to do for sometime as I was so immobile before my op. I am no gym bunny - I hate the places (sorry all you gym goers) so I am going to have to come up with some routines I can do at home. The wii and I are going to become best friends:D.

Finally, I am going to have to make one major lifestyle change and this is the one that is going to be the biggest challenge and that is to become selfish. That means I will not be spending every waking hour dedicated to my job because the stress of that gig has twice robbed me of health and it is not going to do it a third time. How they will take it at work I am not quite sure. One of the things I have thought about is looking for another job and taking a massive pay cut. Still thinking about that one...

So yes it has not been an easy journey and after the talk with the surgeon I am glad to be alive and be able to sit here and type this and glad I have a tool to help me put my life back on track.

Sorry that was a longer post than I intended:D.

tranquil x

Hey TB you'll get the hun, it is a slow process (made to feel a little longer by your fluids, soft foods limitations) it will get better though. Neen read your thread on your diary, what a day you've had!! Fingers crossed things settle for you all soon.xx Well the ole pouch doesn't like noodles it seems. Trial and error every day now, gutted as I was really looking forward to tonights stir fry. Love to all xx

:D Who mentioned Beefcake?????

Hi Tranquil - pleased to see you settling down with us. You have been in an awful place; and I hope you got the answers that you needed from your doctors, and can move forward to losing the weight and achieving your goals.

Good Luck and very best wishes to you hun x :grouphugg:

Nice to see your still around Neen x Hope you and your family are getting along well. :superwoman:

Not been too well this week; but have started feeling over the worst of it today, hoping to put in a bit more of an appearance again! :fingerscrossed:

Take care

Love Kat x

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to be a fellow bander after my op on Sunday. Looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully not struggle too much with getting to goal. x

Thanks Kat and Rache. Bad luck about the noodles Rache. Hope you enjoy the stir fry without them.

Kat hope you start to feel better soon.

tranquil x

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to be a fellow bander after my op on Sunday. Looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully not struggle too much with getting to goal. x

Hi Sparkle - Welcome to our little band! Good Luck with your surgery on Sunday - You will soon be on the losers bench with the rest of us.
I guess that your on your pre-op diet at the moment, how are you getting on?
Need any help or support - just ask hun x

Love Kat x

Morning all. Hope everyone is well. I am 9 weeks post op today. I feel a little rough. My sleep has been really disrupted since the op. It is slowly coming back but it means some days when I wake up I have no energy. Still must try not to complain. I have a mountain of things to do in preparation for the morning when I hope my boiler will finally be repaired - had no hot water for 2 weeks and I have worn my poor kettle out.

Liquid stage is still OK. At least this time (touch wood) I am not experiencing the horrendous problems I had with constipation which I am grateful for.

Hope you have a better day today Neen, thinking of you. Hope everyone has a good day.

tranquil x

Thinking of everyone and sending love to each and every one... hope you are starting to feel better Neen... you are very much in my thoughts as always my precious Friend, as are you Tranquil precious Angel and everyone... sending warm hugs and hoping for the very best in every way...

Love you all xxx

I'm hanging onto you Tranquil... and do hope you are going to feel much better very soon... you deserve the very best and I'm wanting this to happen for you... you are never far away from my thoughts precious... love and hugs xxx

Morning all x Thanks Tranquil & Bev...started today much more positive now I know what I'm doing with the boys for this week thanks x
I checked and have now lost 7lbs of the regain motherload so maybe by the end of Feb I will be back to what I was before the Christmas horriblis!!!
I just had a really ripe banana and I am stuffed so my restriction is definately there even if my head is still catching up.
Hope everyone has a great day x

Thank you Neen, I'm overjoyed by your weightloss and grab that positivity with both hands and let's run with it...

I know how hard it can be to regain your fighting spirit, so I'm thrilled to hear you are emerging...

You have all the love in the world and support here and we are with you... always.

Keep plodding everyone and likewise Tranquil... we are all going to keep going and keep moving forwards....

Always with you and at your side...

Love and hugs all Angels.... best foot forward xxx

hi guys i'm back

Back