• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

It was lovely meeting you Tranquil!

How did it go? Any useful information?

Marie x

Lovely meeting you as well Marie. I am sorry we did not get to talk more. Mr Mirza had a real problem doing my band fill. He had to remove the stitches that had not dissolved properly first so things feel much better there. He then took about 10 minutes trying to do the fill. He had to keep taking the needle in and out. He was on the verge of giving up but eventually got it. I could see the sweat on his brow when he had finished. I think I am his jinx patient:D.

We had a talk afterwards about what had happened when I had the op. He was able to explain just exactly what the issues were so I feel better about the situation. I was lucky that they were able to even do the band - he said once they got in and saw the position and having tried to do it - it was too dangerous to carry on and would potentially have been life threatening - he explained even doing it open would have made no difference. I only wish that he and Mr Khan had taken the time before I was discharged to explain this and when I went back the following Monday - I would not have spent the last 8 weeks feeling totally distressed about it. He said about trying to do the bypass at a later stage but I said I could not put my family through that again so I am going to try my very best to make this work.

We also chatted about the problems they are having with doing ops at the moment. They have had to cancel 3 weeks worth of surgery and he says the situation is getting worse by the day. He said he did not know how they were going to catch up. I felt really sorry for him. I asked him if Mr Khan was going to keep doing surgery given his new post at the hospital and he said he was for now but was uncertain how long he would be able to do so. I like Mr Mirza - he is a very nice man.

I don't know if I am imagining it but I can feel some difference with the 2 ml he put in the band but I will need to see how it settles in the next few days. I have to go back in 2 months like you so hopefully will see you then.

Your little boy is a real sweetie - so cute.

tranquil

I hope you feel better after your fill TB, it seems you have finally been given an explanation of what happened...I think its disgusting you have had to wait this long to find out! Im sure now you know what the problem was you can understand a little more. Good Luck hun for the fill, I hope it gives you the restriction you need :D XX

Hi TB

Glad you got some answers. Your not imagining the difference, each one will change your restriction.

Are you back to liquids now? x

I hope you feel better after your fill TB, it seems you have finally been given an explanation of what happened...I think its disgusting you have had to wait this long to find out! Im sure now you know what the problem was you can understand a little more. Good Luck hun for the fill, I hope it gives you the restriction you need :D XX

Thanks Dotty C x

tranquil

Hi TB

Glad you got some answers. Your not imagining the difference, each one will change your restriction.

Are you back to liquids now? x

Thanks Mazza. I am back to 2 weeks of liquids and then 2 weeks of puree. I asked Mr Mirza why the regime was so different compared to other places and he replied they like to take things at a slow pace! I have just had some soup - it has taken a few hours to feel there was space for it after cup of coffee!

tranquil

Reactions: Bev
Hi Tranquil,
I've been thinking of you and wondering how you have gone on... it's been a long wait and long haul for you and I do hope that you will feel the benefit of the fill and have some good progress... Always here for you and sending a humungous hug to you and yours for a very Happy Weekend.

Love you and take care xxx Bev xxxx

Hi Tranquil,
I've been thinking of you and wondering how you have gone on... it's been a long wait and long haul for you and I do hope that you will feel the benefit of the fill and have some good progress... Always here for you and sending a humungous hug to you and yours for a very Happy Weekend.

Love you and take care xxx Bev xxxx

Bless you Bev, thank you. I feel better about things mentally now I fully understand what happened.

tranquil x

Bless you Tranquil. I'm glad you got some answers. They only way forward now is to be a fantastic loser with the tool you've been given. Slow and steady wins the race xx

Thanks Rache - I am giving it my best shot:D.

How are things with you since your last fill?

tranquil

Hi Tranquil. I have brilliant restriction finally and have lost 9lbs since Dec 23rd which has taken my loss to over 4stone now which I'm thrilled with. Some days are tighter than others. I had a big problem with a small piece of cod the other day which made me very sick, but no worries I will try it again another time. Getting used to the restriction again is interesting. I'm positive right now that its the best thing for me. Its taken a long while to come to this conclusion, and I'm glad me and my band are now friends :) thanks for asking flower xx

Hi Tranquil. I have brilliant restriction finally and have lost 9lbs since Dec 23rd which has taken my loss to over 4stone now which I'm thrilled with. Some days are tighter than others. I had a big problem with a small piece of cod the other day which made me very sick, but no worries I will try it again another time. Getting used to the restriction again is interesting. I'm positive right now that its the best thing for me. Its taken a long while to come to this conclusion, and I'm glad me and my band are now friends :) thanks for asking flower xx

That is excellent Rache. Keep up the good work.

Where are you other banders??

tranquil x

My lovely friend Tranquil, i'm so very happy that you sound more positive and have had some resolution to what went on finally....

We're behind you all the way :)

Rachel, you look stunning sweets! You can really see the loss xx

Hi there fellow banders, Hope everyone is ok , Rach glad ur got ur restriction sorted. and glad you got an explanation for wot transpired with you TB........ Wishing all the banders and fellow wls peeps a gr8 week ahead......All the best - MeJulie xx

Lovely meeting you as well Marie. I am sorry we did not get to talk more. Mr Mirza had a real problem doing my band fill. He had to remove the stitches that had not dissolved properly first so things feel much better there. He then took about 10 minutes trying to do the fill. He had to keep taking the needle in and out. He was on the verge of giving up but eventually got it. I could see the sweat on his brow when he had finished. I think I am his jinx patient:D.

We had a talk afterwards about what had happened when I had the op. He was able to explain just exactly what the issues were so I feel better about the situation. I was lucky that they were able to even do the band - he said once they got in and saw the position and having tried to do it - it was too dangerous to carry on and would potentially have been life threatening - he explained even doing it open would have made no difference. I only wish that he and Mr Khan had taken the time before I was discharged to explain this and when I went back the following Monday - I would not have spent the last 8 weeks feeling totally distressed about it. He said about trying to do the bypass at a later stage but I said I could not put my family through that again so I am going to try my very best to make this work.

We also chatted about the problems they are having with doing ops at the moment. They have had to cancel 3 weeks worth of surgery and he says the situation is getting worse by the day. He said he did not know how they were going to catch up. I felt really sorry for him. I asked him if Mr Khan was going to keep doing surgery given his new post at the hospital and he said he was for now but was uncertain how long he would be able to do so. I like Mr Mirza - he is a very nice man.

I don't know if I am imagining it but I can feel some difference with the 2 ml he put in the band but I will need to see how it settles in the next few days. I have to go back in 2 months like you so hopefully will see you then.

Your little boy is a real sweetie - so cute.

tranquil

Absolutely Fantastic!

About time you had some answers.. and possibly alot more than you thought you would get..

I really do like Mr Miraz.. he is good!

Oh hunny, he had the same thing with my port!

I said ''you should invest in a flag in the port''.. lol..

he said ''a red cross''

We agree to disagree! ha ha..

Im glad your feeling better in yourself.. its about time isnt it hunny? ;)

Oooh hes cute.. but he's energetic! didnt do too bad for over 2hrs waiting!

If you every need anything, just give me a nudge!

Marie x

Absolutely Fantastic!

About time you had some answers.. and possibly alot more than you thought you would get..

I really do like Mr Miraz.. he is good!

Oh hunny, he had the same thing with my port!

I said ''you should invest in a flag in the port''.. lol..

he said ''a red cross''

We agree to disagree! ha ha..

Im glad your feeling better in yourself.. its about time isnt it hunny? ;)

Oooh hes cute.. but he's energetic! didnt do too bad for over 2hrs waiting!

If you every need anything, just give me a nudge!

Marie x

Thanks Marie. I have some really bad bruising around the port area and I am still sore. The thought of another week and a half on fluids is driving me nuts! Still those are the rules:sigh:!

tranquil x

Ok at the risk of feeling like I am talking to myself I am going to log on this thread each day - if I can -to encourage my fellow banders to come out of hiding:D.

I am feeling my way along and really have no idea how things are going to be long term with a band. So any useful tips/guidance gratefully received. I have had little experience of trying to follow a healthy eating regime (I refuse to use the word diet ever again) with a band as my provider seems to have a way of going about things that no one else follows:rolleyes:. I was just getting into the puree/soft food stage and then had a fill last week and so I am back to liquids for a fortnight and then two weeks of puree/soft food. It will therefore be mid February before I can really test out things like portion sizes and restriction. I then have a month before I am due back at the hospital and if they decide I need another fill it is back to liquids etc. again:sigh:. Anyway I am rambling.

Please join in - this feels a very lonely place most times...

tranquil x

Hope everyone is doing good so far this week xx I am a bit loopy at the moment but I am so glad to see the thread is still going and everyone is posting as much as they are able to.
I hope a nice big gang of us banders can get to goal or very near this year!
I will try and catch up with the beefcake too..no wonder everythings going awol..I expect it's withdrawals from that x

Back