• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Ugh, another crappy evening ! Dean has had a temperature and been feeling really ill since yesterday..gone on to bed burning up 2nd night running
frown.gif

And my youngest decided to have a 2 hour tantrum after being put to bed out of nowhere over his cube world toy which kept him screaming his head off til about an hour ago despite poor Dean being really desparate to sleep off this virus or whatever it is (ah the joys of Autism once again)

New passenger assistant started today so I was nervy all day waiting for the chaos but so far OK. She seems a bit more competant so far but it's early days.

Quite jaded at the moment (sorry for not being about)

Ugh, another crappy evening ! Dean has had a temperature and been feeling really ill since yesterday..gone on to bed burning up 2nd night running
frown.gif

And my youngest decided to have a 2 hour tantrum after being put to bed out of nowhere over his cube world toy which kept him screaming his head off til about an hour ago despite poor Dean being really desparate to sleep off this virus or whatever it is (ah the joys of Autism once again)

New passenger assistant started today so I was nervy all day waiting for the chaos but so far OK. She seems a bit more competant so far but it's early days.

Quite jaded at the moment (sorry for not being about)

:hug99::hug99:Don't apologise for not being on so much - it is amazing what you achieve given what you have on your plate. Hope the new assistant works out for you all and that Dean feels better soon.

tranquil x

Hello all. I have not felt like posting but keeping up with all of you. I saw the nurse on Thursday for my bp check and unfortunately it is through the roof. They want me to go back on the medication I was taken off. I have to go back next Thursday for it to be checked again and if it is still high then I will be back on the toxic mix of medication. I cry every time I think about it - it has left me in total depression since. It was really high this morning and my ankles are like two balloons so I have to face up to it that I am going to have to go back on them.

At least on Monday I get to find out what is up with my band - if anything. Mr TB had a chest x ray done and they saw something so he has to have more done on Monday at the same time I am at WM. I am so worried for him.

It was an awful week at work but at least Ming Ellen was away. She is back on Tuesday and it is going to be really bad. Oh well....just a few more months and then she will be gone for good.

Sorry to moan. Will go away quietly now. Will let you all know how Monday goes.

tranquil x

Aww TB I hope it settles a little for you, and it's a shame both appointments are at the same time I'm sure you must be concerned for mr TB, though this will not help your BP hunny xx

Neen - you poor thing, I hope Dean is soon better for you and youngest is now more settled. hugs hunny xx

I have a major busy weekend. I am determined to get my house in order paperwork and last few things to find a home for. I need some order as my mind feels all cluttered with it all.
Aching to the devil from yesterdays yoga again :) she does punish us, but have to say I have started upping my game in the classes now, I was always on the simplest moves while all the others were doing the full on stuff. I'm not quite there yet, there was plenty of grunting and groaning going on, and I had to rest up a couple of times but I'm definately improving which is good.

Going to go get a bike for my eldest today, a friend has got a new one and is selling her old one off cheap, Amber has now decided she wants to start cycling too!! I love how my girls are taking on the healthy habits I'm forming, it's like they're becoming infected with my enthusiasm for the exercise :) if the bad habits can be stopped in this link of the family it can only be good for the future :) hopefully the 'fat gene' stops here.

Did anyone see embarrassing fat bodies this week? I found it great that they dispelled the myth of the fat gene. I've always firmly believed it was learned behaviour rather than genetics that gets us to where we are, and that kinda backed up my thoughts. Some of it was hard to watch, and I'm not sure some insensitive people will be kind regarding it. The poor guy with the apron my goodness how crippling that must have been for him.

Right I really need to get up, my washing machine has finished it's first load so it needs to go on the line.

Have a restful weekend all xxxxxx

I'm just wondering what the heaviest weight you can have a band with. I have put on a stone and a half since i was offered it and worried they will turn me down when i turn up for surgery in four weeks. I know the pre op diet will help me lose some but don't want them to say o. I weigh 23 stone!

I was 23st when I started this process Kim. I lost 2 stone on preop diet. Were all different tho. Every provider will have different guidelines so its best to seek help from them that way for confirmation. You really need to stick to your preop diet tho hun its paramount to shrinking that liver xx

My preop was six weeks long!! I started with low cal. For 2 weeks and went onto milk through choice after that as it was easier for me to watch what I consumed. I was done at Heartlands. Where are you being done Kim?x

I am being donw at Walsall Manor, was it there choice that the pre op was six weeks long? I am thinking of starting this week so three weeks early.

Yes Walsall is two weeks. Thanks for the advice, just don't want them to say no after three years of waiting. So will ensure i have lost at least a stone before the op, as long as i am the weight i was when i was offered surgery i should be okay.

Hiya, how's everyone today? I've had a quick skim though the posts, TB I hope things improve soon, when will you get the results? Rache, nice one on the dating agency, have you had any interest?
I'm really struggling atm, barely any restriction, I'm trying to stick to small portions, but not feeling satisfied so I'm nibbling, put 4lb on last week. I spoke to the dietician, she confirmed that I should have 6mls in a 7ml band, but read my food diary and she wondered if I've absorbed some. Personally I think that my last fill didn't actually go in, but my consultant isn't back until mid July so I have to wait to find out. Sorry it's so negative, I've been avoiding posting because I don't want to be seen as a serial moaner. xx

Sarah...moan away. We are all in this together - we will support you as much as we can - but if you stay away then it just feels worse. Sounds like they need to have a look at you again if you do not have any restriction - at least the dietician seems to be on the ball.

Hello all. I am back from my hospital trips. Thankfully I finished at Walsall just in time to dash back and take Mr TB for his x rays. They took lots of x rays of his left lung and the area around his heart. Now we have 3 weeks of waiting for the results:(.

Well I was fascinated by my appointment even though I came away with no idea what has been going on - because they could not give me an explanation. The procedure was done by the radiologist assisted by the bariatric nurse. They asked me lots of questions about what I had been feeling, when the symptoms started etc. The radiologist then did a lot of poking and prodding of my stomach and then they started taking the x rays. I could see the screen which was slightly behind and to the left of me while I was lying flat. I could see when the needle went into the port - still took three attempts even with the x ray! They then withdrew the fluid to see how much was in and sure enough the 4 ml was still in there.

The bed was then tilted until it was vertical and I was sort of standing on it. It meant I could not see the screen which is a shame. I was then given the barium fluid to drink as they refilled the band. Needless to say the barium or whatever it is they give you was vile:9529:. I finished it and then they said I needed more fluid. Thankfully they gave me water. They put in 8 ml which is 4 more than I had and when I tried to drink I could feel the water was not going down so they immediately withdrew 1 ml and I felt the difference straight away. The radiologist and I then had a discussion about the amount and he left it at the 3 ml in. So I now have 7 ml in a 14 ml band.

The bariatric nurse was trying to explain why I had not been feeling restriction but to be honest I was not sure what she was trying to tell me. She said she would ask that I be given an appointment to see the surgeon in 4 weeks or shorter and she said he could consider giving me another fill then depending on how I get on.

So they could not explain the loss of restriction or what is causing the pain. The bariatric nurse said that they would not operate on the lump until I lose the weight. Hello...that will probably take 2 years - what am I supposed to do in the meantime? I will wait until I see the surgeon and discuss that. I am feeling pain in the area of the lump now, which I was not before, so I really do not want to have that for the next two years.

It is a real shame they do not do all fills like this. I did get to see an x ray of my insides and the radiologist assured me everything seemed to be ok and the port and band are where they are supposed to be.

I was given another cup of water and told to drink it and wait 20 minutes to make sure there were no problems. It seemed fine so I left. I have just had a cup of black coffee and admit I can feel a small pain in the centre of my chest - like the start of heart burn. I am sure its due to tenderness from the fill. I am now back on 2 weeks liquids then 2 week mushies so I will see what happens.

I have just cleared Waitrose of their consommé soup :Dand have a pan of home made soup bubbling away which I will be on for the next few days. I want to stay low carb through the next 4 weeks to see if that makes any difference to things.

I am relieved nothing appears to be wrong and that I have had a fill. So I am hopeful thing will start to move again.

A lot of what I have been experiencing has probably been down to the huge stress I am under and with my hypertension rebound. I am resigned to going back on the bp meds so in a month or so I may start feeling a lot better. In the meantime I am going to get more rest - I am very tired and slept a lot over the last few days.

Sorry for the long post but I thought it might be useful.

tranquil x

Wow TB what an eventful day!

I know how you feel about having to wait for the surgery BUT the whole thing will be so much easier to recover from the more weight you lose. I had to lose weight to get a hysterectomy - long story short but I put weight on due to the various hormone treatments and then had to lose the weight to get the op. I was in severe and pretty constant pain for 6 years!

I hope you do manage to rest more, take it easy and enjoy your soup x

Back