• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Rache well done on 5 stone. Your ex is a real ****. I hope you are not going to let him get away with reducing your maintenance like that - do you get it through the CSA or whatever they are called these days?

Your bike riding distances are great. Hope I can get up to those levels one day - a mile would do me now:D.

tranquil x

It won't be long now my ex husband kindly informed me he is reducing my maintenance by a 1/4 per month because he can't afford it any more.

Go throught CSA Rachel. My ex tried that with me when my two were younger and tried to fob me off, turned out he was only paying half of what he should have done anyway, and ended up paying double and back pay, I certainly had the last laugh:8855::8855:

he has apparently already been to them and been told he is overpaying me. I will have to double check this of course, I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.
It's called intimidation, he thinks he's still dealing with the acutely depressed and undermined woman he did when we split. He's got a shock coming cos I will look into this. I'm sure he signed an agreement regarding maintenance when we divorced so I need to look in to that.
He's a bad man and he will reap what he sows ultimately and if he does it, (which I suspect he will as he does whatever the hell he wants) I will cope, life will be tough for my girls though, hope he's prepared for the tsunami he's going to create.
I've spent long enough worrying about it now so I will get on with my jobs and address it when I have a free minute.

Karma will prevail :)

Good on you Rache. I never had children but I cannot for the life of me figure out why adults think it is ok to do this to their children. Hope you get it sorted soon Rache and don't let it stress you out.

tranquil x

Afternoon all. I am not long back in from my bike ride. I was late getting over to meet my sisters because I had problems getting the bike into the car. What made me think I could do it on my own:rolleyes:

We eventually got out after pumping up tyres and and adjusting seat heights etc. There is a little park at the end of my sisters road so we started off on the path next to it. It was lovely and sunny with a cool breeze which helped. Well within two minutes my little sister had a fall and that just made me even more nervous. Middle sister who has been riding a lot lately gave me a tip on how to get going and I eventually managed it. We decided to move onto the grass area (naughty I know) but if we were going to be falling off at least the landing would be a little softer.

Amazingly my little sister and I found our bike legs again:D. It was such an achievement. We then decided to move onto the cycle track in the park. What we had not realised is that it was part of a track that eventually goes into the city centre so we set off and said once we got tired we would just turn back.

Well we just kept going with several stops along the way to drink water. The track is broken by two main roads and has a few steep hills. On the way I stopped and pushed up the hills. My steering was all over the place and it took me a while to learn how to use the brakes correctly:D. There were lots of people about enjoying the good weather so it was lots of manoeuvring around pedestrians. Before we knew it we had reached Cannon Hill Park. We went a little way in and had a quick rest and then came all the way back. We were out over 2 hours and I managed not to fall off:D.

So I now have no excuse for getting out over the park and doing a little after work. We probably over did it for a first time out but we all enjoyed it so much. We are going to do it again in a few weeks as middle sister is off on her holidays next week.

My bottom is aching and I will probably be walking like John Wayne tomorrow but this is such major achievement for me I will not mind the pain.

My sisters are the best. Could not have done it without them.

tranquil x

A bike? Oh yes I remember now it's one of those fan dangled things with wheels!!
Seriously well done you, I can't wait to be able to ride a bike.

I am SOOOO proud of you TB!!!!!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it :) here's to loads more fun on your bike flower xxxxx

Thanks Rache:hug99:. I am still on a high but my poor bottom is aching a bit now just by the coccyx. If the weather holds I am going to venture into the park tomorrow.

Mind you my two sisters showed me how far I have to go as they managed to do a few sessions on the wii when we got back to show me some exercises I have not tried. I just about managed to lift a cup of coffee:8855:.

I have worked out roughly how far we went and it is just over 4 miles altogether which was not bad considering what I managed before today and had not ridden anywhere like that for many years.

tranquil x

over 4 miles on your first trip is fantastic TB you should be soooo proud of yourself. This is your first step remember so don't push yourself unless you're ready. I absolutely love the high I get afterwards, it's addictive :)
I shall be cycling to work tomorrow despite the heat. I find it's cooler than walking as you get a bit of breeze in your face. I'm going to try doing 3 days in a row this week. I have pain down below which might be a bit tmi for some, but as I've lost and continued with it I've found it's getting less and less. And the improvement in my fitness since doing it has been massive and happened so quickly too.

You go for it girlfriend, all power to you xxxx

Afternoon all. I am not long back in from my bike ride. I was late getting over to meet my sisters because I had problems getting the bike into the car. What made me think I could do it on my own:rolleyes:

We eventually got out after pumping up tyres and and adjusting seat heights etc. There is a little park at the end of my sisters road so we started off on the path next to it. It was lovely and sunny with a cool breeze which helped. Well within two minutes my little sister had a fall and that just made me even more nervous. Middle sister who has been riding a lot lately gave me a tip on how to get going and I eventually managed it. We decided to move onto the grass area (naughty I know) but if we were going to be falling off at least the landing would be a little softer.

Amazingly my little sister and I found our bike legs again:D. It was such an achievement. We then decided to move onto the cycle track in the park. What we had not realised is that it was part of a track that eventually goes into the city centre so we set off and said once we got tired we would just turn back.

Well we just kept going with several stops along the way to drink water. The track is broken by two main roads and has a few steep hills. On the way I stopped and pushed up the hills. My steering was all over the place and it took me a while to learn how to use the brakes correctly:D. There were lots of people about enjoying the good weather so it was lots of manoeuvring around pedestrians. Before we knew it we had reached Cannon Hill Park. We went a little way in and had a quick rest and then came all the way back. We were out over 2 hours and I managed not to fall off:D.

So I now have no excuse for getting out over the park and doing a little after work. We probably over did it for a first time out but we all enjoyed it so much. We are going to do it again in a few weeks as middle sister is off on her holidays next week.

My bottom is aching and I will probably be walking like John Wayne tomorrow but this is such major achievement for me I will not mind the pain.

My sisters are the best. Could not have done it without them.

tranquil x

congratulations.gif

Did anyone see the bander on embarrassing fat bodies? She had a band fitted in belgium and had lost 11 stone but had put 3 1/2 back on. They gave her an xray fill and some dietary advice.

Basically she had given up on the healthy stuff in favour of high fat to get more in but was advised, eat from a tea plate - not a full one and that if she can only manage half to start with its better than going back to the rubbish.

Very interesting! x

I missed it - will try and track it down online. 11 stone is a huge amount - will be interested to see having lost that much why she turned her back on something that was working for her.

tranquil x

Hi TB basically she couldnt get her head round the eating a small meal slowly. Thought she should be able to eat more, was eating too quick, was being sick so assumed she couldnt manage the good stuff.

She did need a fill, her band was loose but she was stuck in a chocolate eating, full fat latte drinking cycle.

I think its repeated later in the week :D x

Back