• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Rache

looking for my mojo
It affects my hips cycling must admit, so figured I'd alternate cycling and walking, it's either that or live on painkillers.
From the meal you had it looks like Ieat way too much still. I had 3 small pieces brocolli 1 golf ball size cauli, 2 inch thick chunks carrot and a baby sweetcorn with roast chicken, thick playing card size, then was still hungry so had more chicken, and I've been tight today!!
Does sound delish though Julie, roast taties yum.
My daughter is doing a charity business with her friends at school next week. They're selling muffins for £1 each in aid of Birmingham Childrens Hospital. She practised last weekend and I must say they are delish, never had blueberry before but they were yum, I took one for the team you understand, the galaxy and smartie ones need some tweaking as they weren't quite right. These projects are great ideas for the school, but it's costing me a fortune in ingredients!!!!
Bless her she's got orders for 40 already!!!
Have a lovely week everyone it looks like it'll be a warm one at last :) xx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Rache

Remember Julie is teeny tiny, we are tall birds who need a bit more to peck on lol!

I dont eat meat and potatoes just dont go down so well unless mashed (boo hoo) but I have a couple of tablespoons of peas with either sweetcorn or broad beans with my sunday dinner. The protein portion (fish or quorn) is around the size you have too. I always have a yorkie pudding too :D

Its a good idea to alternate the cycling / walking, last thing you want is to suffer from exercising xx

flutterby1966

I love the idea of you taking one for the team Rachel. I think we must belong to the same club :rolleyes: I am a big bird too. My portion size is like yours Rachel if I am tighter ... About two out of four weeks a month. But the rest of the time I could get a horse through my band. I did used to wonder why I was not like other banders - eating teeny portions, but I don't think I could really take much more restriction to stop me eating so much on my looser weeks, as it would probably damage my band on the tighter weeks. I understand more what's happening though and go with the flow, focus on lots of protein, but then tend to save my treats to enjoy during my looser two weeks :greenapple: :deadhorse:

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
We are all different thats for sure. I have been *lucky* to have lost weight by cutting down on my portions and cutting out bread rice and pasta. Some people on the other hand need to be super restricted and eat teeny tiny portions to lose weight.

Big bird (or tall ones) banders unite lol xx

flutterby1966

Yep, I feel "lucky" too. I have cut out bread primarily and really not felt deprived from doing so, as it was my downfall pre-band (together with the butter and jam smothering it). I have probably had it no more than five times in nine months and honestly can say I don't miss it one bit and I feel 100% less bloated from not eating it. Win win

flutterby1966

I still eat rice and pasta, but just a couple of ounces (not often), so as not to push the band. My worst thing is that I really love my veg, that I cook them aldente and eat them first. Old habits sometimes die hard. I have got to remember to cook them till they are softer and then eat the protein first rather than fill up on my greens :rolleyes:

Rache

looking for my mojo
lurve veg.... all kinds. Now I was advised in my post op booklet to eat veg first then protein then if enough room carb. I've heard a few people lately say they have their protein first then veg. What's the band law on that one?

Walked back from work and am soooooo shattered. 7 miles walking is blummin hard.

Got to get my bike fixed, it takes an hour to walk and half and hour to cycle, I'd much rather have an extra half an hour in bed of a morning!!

How beautiful has it been today?!?! lovely weather, long may it last.

xxxx

flutterby1966

Rache I think u r fab cycling / walking to work ... That will be fantastic for your weight loss and toning up. I used to cycle to work years ago and my legs looked great. I have been stuck in a basement most of the day so not seen daylight till back on the train home from brum.

I was told the plate one third full of protein, veg and carbs ... And to be eaten in that order. Problem with me is that I would love to eat bucketloads of veggies and then there would be no room for the protein ... Will be interesting to see what others are advised. Who is your provider?

Rache

looking for my mojo
Hiya
I had Super too, at Heartlands though.
Am off there tomorrow for my 2 year post op appointment, should be interesting to hear what they say.
Whatever happens I'm 5 stone lighter and so much healthier for having gone down this road..... it has given me a really good start, the rest I need to do utilising he tips and pointers gained on the way.
xxxx

flutterby1966

Good luck tomorrow :D x

Rache

looking for my mojo
Well I am discharged!!!
I actually feel ok about it too.... I don't need the crutch of needing another appointment with the dietician anymore, I'm glad however that the psychological appointment coincides with the discharge. She said today that they are still there for me if I ever need to call for advise or need to go in as an emergency, which were my main concerns.

Time now for me to start working on new things to help me lose the remaining weight.
She mentioned Corrigans Door, has anyone heard of it?

xxxxx

flutterby1966

What's corrigans door?

Rache

looking for my mojo
What's corrigans door?

Corrigan’s secret door describes a metaphorical escape route for busy physicians. The term was derived from the successful and exceptionally busy professional life of Irish physician Dominic John Corrigan (1802–80). It is claimed that Corrigan’s outpatient clinic was so busy that he required a secret door in his consulting rooms to escape from the ever-growing queue of eager patients. The origins of this charming story are unknown, and the door may have never existed. However, at present, Corrigan’s secret door is often quoted when busy physicians have their own little ways in surviving a stressful professional life.

The dietician quoted this to me today, saying I needed to find my own door (release for stress or happiness etc without using food)
She hopes the psychologist can help me to realise what this might be.

xx

Rache

looking for my mojo
Well I've been to see the food psychologist and he agrees I need help!!! He's setting me up with the Cov dietician, who ironically used to work at Heartlands when I had my band two years ago.
He's also getting me in to see the consultant here just to make sure I'm definately all ok, on the right path etc etc.
It was bizarre I explained my issues and he said, yes he could help me with them, then asked me to come back and see him in two months time!!! I was kinda thinking he might give me something to work on in that time..... oh well maybe I'm running before I can walk again.

Youngest daughter was bitten by a dog at the weekend, up to hospital, talk of skin grafts and surgery, she improved so much they decided to leave her just with stitches and see how she goes. First thing I did when I left hospital, go to the shop, stock up on **** and go the chippy. Yep couldn't eat most of it and threw lots away, but bloomin eck alarm bells or what!!!!

On holiday from work now phew, needed this week so much.
xxxxx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Oh no poor thing :(

Jim was supposed to have an appointment with the dietician at Cov today but he couldnt make it. He is too busy ferrying Tara round for her show dress rehearsals, he has to get her there early though as he cant do french plaits or makeup :D

Have a lovely week of work Rache, I finish on Friday too - woo hoo xx

MrsPill

Hope you both have nice hols.
Rache, I hope that the dietician helps. But changing habits of a lifetime is really hard and I always default to snacking to help me relax. Its not easy is it! Good luck.
I've got 2 weeks to my hols. I'm counting the days now and am looking forward to lunching out a lot! But I'll be careful- not much choice now as this last fill has made my band sooooo tight and I can barely eat!